ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a part number for RHS Inner CV boot....

kjf

RSC172 ph2
Hey Guys,

I had a quick search but couldn't find anything that was specific enough.

As some of you may know there are two inner boots on the RHS (I dunno if there are on the LHS). Oh, firstly my car is right hand drive, as I live in Australia.

I need the part number for the inner cv boot on the RHS, but the one with the metal sleeve on it. I can't really describe it any better than this unfortunately. Had it on a hoist a fortnight ago and forgot to take a pic.

If any of you guys know what I'm talking about please let me know. Spoke to renault, they said they need to put the car on a hoist first and have a look (that's at LEAST an hours worth of labour they'll charge me to tell me what I already know).

I'm assuming it's the other way around for the cars out there that are LHD. But, if you drive a LHD car then don't worry because, just to be safe, I'd like to hear from the RHD guys/girls.

Thanks everyone.

Oh yeah, my car's off the road until I get this sorted so it's kinda urgent!

Cheers

kjf

Lionel Richie
we're RHD in england too you know ;)

if your inner CV boot has split, the ONLY way to fix it = a new drive shaft as the boot is internally clamped and cannot be replaced

£236 for a new shaft

kjf

RSC172 ph2
Friend and I replaced it not too long ago. Unfortunately we did a bodge job on it and were a bit careless (about 10-12 months ago).
The part is available, and it can be done. It's just a c*nt of a job.
Costs about $90 AUD.

I'll be interested in a new shaft in the coming years, though.

Lionel Richie
exactly, in terms of parts and labour to repair it would cost nigh on the same as a new shaft, so pretty much pointless

kjf

RSC172 ph2
Hm. Well considering I'm doing it (I like doing this sort of thing even though before I said it was a c*nt). 6pack and dirty hands = best kind of saturday.
But in terms of labour, wouldn't it be pretty much the same process? You have to unbolt/remove everything to access the shat as you would the boot?

172 , 200sx
i had a judder/broken engine mount/damaged wheel/torque steer feeling through the front of my car while accelerating at a medium pace, even though the r/h drive shaft was checked and found to have slight play in the inner joint it was at first dismissed and engine mounts/damaged wheel was thought to be the problem, inner boot was split so drive shaft replaced anyway, it transformed the feel of the car, im getting to the point now lol, changing the driveshaft could have more benifits than you realise

kjf

RSC172 ph2
If I get a new shaft, does it come with the boots/bellows? Also, does it come as the left and right shaft as a pair or seperate?