ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need a decent bike rack for my 182?

looking to get bike rack for my trip round europe, needs to be rear mounted don't want one on the roof.
Maybe saris bones 2 ?
what works best with a RS 182 any suggestions

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahh.. Bummer.

But I'm 99.9% sure it will not work on the back of the Clio..

Yes. Taken today...

14562846603_7d69453e15_z.jpg

IMG_20140630_142919 by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

so might have to be roof bars then, i was hopeful the saris bones 2 would work but i cant find anyone with one, just lots of people thinking it could work!
Are then steady on roof bars over long distances? does it make much difference in your safer top speed

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
On my Scoob I may or may not have managed some, er, autobahn cruising, at circa. 130jellybabies with two bikes on the roof with no issues at all.

Haven't had a bike on the Clio yet (that was a test today - not my bike) to comment..

what model fits the clio? and i guess it the same across all clios, might look for some second hand ebay ones

Last edited:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
straps that clamp to the boot like saris bones, looks like it should work .
Im taking the car on ferry so dont think i have the extra hight,
Have you got roof bars?

Lol, you can get lorries, caravans etc on ferries so I don't think you'll have any bother with that one...

I just stick all my kit in the boot though tbh. You can get 2 bikes, 2x camping kit, clothes, beer etc without to much bother!

IMAG0088.jpg

Clio 182
You can definitely mount bikes on the back of a 1*2 - last one I saw was on a Trophy!

Saris, Hollywood or even Halfords would just use wide hooks to hold onto the top, sides and bottom of the bootlid. Would only have to make sure you get one compatible with spoilers if you've got a Cup

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I have a Thule roof rack

What on earth does the bracket attach to on the back ? Mid air

Have you done your measurements properly ..

The powder coated bit goes in between the window and the roof.. All tightens up from there. When you get the measurements right it all just works.

If thanks to the s**t build tolerences of Le Frenchies your window is too high like one of mine, its a bit of a squeeze...!