ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Near Side window and Interior light

mini cooper R50
Ok I bought a 2000 plate on Friday gone, N/S window is dead and does not even try to move when I press the buttons, second thing is interior light. I can turn it on manually but it fails when the doors open...........

Anyone have any ideas please?

fuses are ok obviously, but I'am new to the car and this is only a start od the problems I'm getting at the mo

Any info would be welcomed lads and lasses

my interior light was playing up a bit, take it out the roof and pop out the bulb, there's two connectors that are silver, just wedge them up a bit with a screwdriver to make the connection better.

failing that, then look at how the switch works (pretty simple to work out). the copper may have something on it, so scratch at it if it has and hopefully work

mini cooper R50
it works when it is turned on inside the car just not when the doors open, and where is the switch?

Iam new to this clio, had a saxo for the past 4 year

I presume they are all basically the same.

Where the light is you can see the line round it and then there should be (on the passenger side) a little dip. Pop a screw driver in there and it will wedge out.

The switch mechanism should be pretty self explanatory

No problems, mine had a load of dirt in it (f*** knows how it got in there) but thats why mine was tempermental