ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Natural paint disaster ! ! !

clio 2 1.2 16v
Im either dumb or super dooper crazy bit I have just started colour coding the trim of my clio. Started off with the mirrors. Masked all areas off that I dont want paintified. so I have primed it with two coats to find some of the primer got onto my paintwork through the slightest gap in the masking tape. Ooops. I got it off with sponge and water but it seems to have taken some lacquer off the original paint. U can see it In the light. Can this be fixed with t cut or something similar? Or will I just scrap it lol.

clio 2 1.2 16v
Takes hardly any time to remove the panels you're probably spraying, probably better to do that than keep getting over spray ruining other parts of the car?

How do you remove the mirrors. Ill do that with the other one as only primed one

Well if you take the glass out you can pop the mirror cap off and have that just as it is. If you can't get the mirror glass out you could just take the whole mirror off and tape up the black plastic trim. To take it all off pull the small plastic trim off from inside and there are three screws to remove.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
To get the glass out of the mirror, push it in at one side and you migt be able to get fingers behind it, if not wedge it out with something.

Tey and get as close to the centre as possible though, incase you crack it

clio 2 1.2 16v
Well if you take the glass out you can pop the mirror cap off and have that just as it is. If you can't get the mirror glass out you could just take the whole mirror off and tape up the black plastic trim. To take it all off pull the small plastic trim off from inside and there are three screws to remove.

Is the glass usually easy to remove

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Please tell me you didn't try to paint your mirror on the car, please God.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I just pulled my mirror cap off? :S

None of this taking out the glass malarky

It must be broke then, because theres 3 torx bits holding the caps on which are behind the glass. Therefor you need to remove the glass to get the torx out, to remove the mirror cap.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
It must be broke then, because theres 3 torx bits holding the caps on which are behind the glass. Therefor you need to remove the glass to get the torx out, to remove the mirror cap.

Mine just popped on and off too, no holes for ant screws, just 4 clips.