ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankang Sportnex NS-2R Fitted

Renault Clio 172 cup
Just purchased a set of these from here

http://ears.co.uk/tyres/

195/50/R15 too :)

Roughly £75

They come in 2 compounds soft and medium or track and street.

Getting mine fitted Tuesday :)

Is that including delivery ? As Camskill do these in that size for £64.99 +postage.
Have got a set of these myself I use for trackdays ( mainly on the rear ) , out sunday on them at Snetterton actually. Have been quite impressed so far.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Is that including delivery ? As Camskill do these in that size for £64.99 +postage.
Have got a set of these myself I use for trackdays ( mainly on the rear ) , out sunday on them at Snetterton actually. Have been quite impressed so far.

I think so, but I can't remember as I'm getting mine fitted at the garage itself.

They seem good and they have compared them side by side to a few other tyres in that category and they seem up there with the best, the performance to price ratio on these is very appealing to me :)

Cup In bits
I have the nankangs on the front and the toyo's on the back Alex, the fresh start/cold driving is interesting on the road tbh. I have went broadside a few time's totally unexpected.

I briefly used that setup Sat on track and it was okay when warm. Iirc the nankangs have a faster wear rating so 'should' be a better tyre.

Not much use that other than don't go wild when coldish on the road.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Depends what wear rating you choose on the nankangs as there is 2 different compounds

Cup In bits
That's good to know. I have spoke to guys that he swear by them bang for buck much like the RS-R. What's the two wear ratings? Mine are 140 iirc.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye performance for price you can't go wrong, I get a set fitted to mine on Tuesday so I can comment more on them then but going off what people are saying about them.

I don't think I will bother with performance road tyres again (T1Rs etc)

You can have the track wear rating which is 120 and street wear rating which is 180

Basically soft and medium compound.

Renault Clio 172 cup
I have the soft (120) compound and I have to say when at the recent Bedford day I did have real trouble getting any temp at all in the Nankangs ( on the rear ) , but it was raining most of the time and cold.. However I have also used them at Brands and Donington on dry warm days in combination with 888 fronts and they were perfectly good tyres. Nice firm sidewalls as well, you could stand on them end up and they wouldnt collapse, under my 11 stone anyway. Unlike T1R sidewalls which are like papier mache, you can squeeze those together with one hand.

172 Track Car
I have the nankangs on the front and the toyo's on the back Alex, the fresh start/cold driving is interesting on the road tbh. I have went broadside a few time's totally unexpected.

I briefly used that setup Sat on track and it was okay when warm. Iirc the nankangs have a faster wear rating so 'should' be a better tyre.

Not much use that other than don't go wild when coldish on the road.

Might give them a whirl, at the moment we use slicks and R1Rs on track but it's easy to keep changing when it's a drizzly day. I also use R1Rs on my road clio. If the softest Nankang compound is a bit sportier might switch to those for wet track use. I suppose the sensible thing would be to just fork up the cash for R888 in the wet...

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Fitted these today and they are amazing! Sooo much grip and feel through them.

Really nice tread pattern too.

Not bad on the bumpy roads but I do still have my coilovers set quite soft.

Will put some more feed back in soon once I have done some more miles :)

172 Track Car
Fitted these today and they are amazing! Sooo much grip and feel through them.

Really nice tread pattern too.

Not bad on the bumpy roads but I do still have my coilovers set quite soft.

Will put some more feed back in soon once I have done some more miles :)

What other tyres have you tried on a similar/same set up? How do they compare?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
A mate has just fitted 4 of these to his 360bhp Evo 9.

I'll be switching back to these once the Kumho semi slicks are ruined.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Been on a set of Hankook V12 evos, Mitch pilot sport 2s and R888s slightly different setup between each.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Agroup buy would be a great idea if we can get different sizes!

Im in need of 225/40/18's too

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm hovering above the buy button, i'm still not sure whether I want these of pilot sports