ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

n96 or iphone

Meg 230 f1
Want to start a new contract but I am not sure what phone to get as they both have good qualities. touch screen on the I phone and 32g worth of memory in the n96
what's peoples opinion

thanks Greg

B

Bucko

I've only ever had Nokia phones since my first brick 9 years ago and a swore i'd always stick to them....i got the iPhone 3 months ago and haven't regretted it for a second.

The only downside for me is the lack of a good camera but i've got a good digital camera anyway.

B

Bucko

Get the 16gb if you can, i've got the 8gb but it's easily taken 1200 songs, loads of photos and about 20 applications from the Apple Appstore with a couple gb still left. It's great, it's basically an iPod Touch with a phone built in.

B

Bucko

As far as i know, unless you 'Jailbreak' it...whatever that means.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Want to start a new contract but I am not sure what phone to get as they both have good qualities. touch screen on the I phone and 32g worth of memory in the n96
what's peoples opinion

thanks Greg

Having used both I would say my money would be on the Iphone. The N96 doesnt really offer anything over the N95 (other than extra storage), and is a bit buggy just now. My N95 is rock solid and I have never had it crash in the last 9+ months.

The Iphone is great, but doesnt have some of the features the N95 does.. and can be frustrating trying to do a simple thing like change a message/email alert tone !

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
haha so you have to send it via e-mail and you cant receive mms either....

heres my take on the two phones.

i have the n96, yes very similar tothe n95 but the features have been improved and its a awesome web phone. has better features than the iphone but at the moment it is buggy. but these bugs will be fixed with software updates in the future.

my best mate has the iphone, yes it looks very pretty and it operates very smooth. its lacking features over the n96 but the software has no bugs.

typing a tx can be tricky if you have big fingers like me, but in general i like the touch screen

B

Bucko

I've never really sent MMS since the novelty wore off 2 years ago so that part doesn't bother me. I also never forward texts so that also isn't a feature i miss. It's just so nice to have a phone that doesn't turn itself off or crash randomly.

6/468 17poo
had n95 for over 18 months, got an iphone now, never looked back, its the bomb!

played with n96 bored me, just a bigger n95!

B

Bucko

n96 is huge and imo is really poorly put together, but then £45 a month for an ipod is crazy.

Yeah that would be crazy if it was JUST and ipod but it's a little more than that mate.

I've honestly never even touched an N96 but i'm sure it's exactly the same as any other nokia