ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Weekend....

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

At 10am Saturday me and my mate Morf were bored. At his lock up round the corner he says he has a Peco Big Bore sitting doing nothing, at which point we look outside my lounge window and stare at my Clio RT. Half and hour later were measuring up to make a De-Silenced from the Cat Back System finishing in the Big Bore.

After getting the old exhaust off (complete ass to do! rusted to buggery) we needed new bolts. So off we went to Halfords in my RT with no exhaust from the cat back - WOW! what a noise! We got ear ache at about 5K RPM.

Next came cutting the Standard exhaust, fairly simple, cut out the two boxes and replace with two length of nice new donor exhaust from a 1.2 Corsa abandoned round the corner. After food and rest its dark and we decide to give up for the night.

So from 7pm Saturday night to 12 this afternoon I had one pipe from the cat running to just above the back axle. To say this sounded nice is an understatement. The noise was so raw, so raspy! But it had to end as I had no back box.

So today we set about fitting the back box, which was nice and simple. For the cost of shouting my mate maccy ds twice and two days of my time i have a custom made, fully welded de restricted exhaust for - £0!

It sounds so nice, it pops and bangs from any revs but only discreetly. I will get some pics tomorrow. All in all im very very happy and caught the budget tuning bug!

Happy Modding :D

Ad

car? need a license 1st!

Nicely done matey :) Sounds like you had fun!

Incedentally, i got a confused look when i started reading this, as a lot of people call me morf :p its my other online name :)

I thought WTF?! then read on and realised it was someone else !

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

alrite morf! lol

yeh my mate mike we call him morf too. dunno why just caught on. lol

ill try and get some sound bytes and pics up tomoro :D im well chuffed and doin it all urself is really rewarding !!

Cheers

Ad

car? need a license 1st!

hahaha alreet ad! :D

Yeah, i always feel much better about my car when ive spend a good weekend doing somthing to it... I need a good long weekend tweaking mine I think :)

Looking forward to those soundbits and pics :D