ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my vtec mini build

e91 330d/type r mini
i bought a classic mini a couple of months back with a siezed engine so thought now would be a good time to fit my honda b16 on itb's
heres how i got it

IMGP2414.jpg

IMGP2420-1.jpg

IMGP2605.jpg

i have started work now and have ripeed the front end off and cleaned and painted all the subframe and all the suspesion and brakes up.
have fit the subframe and just about ready to drop the engine in to see where i need to cut the bulkhead for the itb's :)

heres where im up to now

000edac6.jpg

1b170c17.jpg

ecd462f1.jpg

55089643.jpg

791f28af.jpg

plans are to fit new a panels,scuttle, the respray the interior and the outside in white and carbon wrap the roof,boot, bonnet and arches and fit a fiberglass clubman front end

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Awsome mate! Some great plans, it ahould be alot of fun when finnished. I had a mini and its still of all the cars i've had one of the best.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
at least i have now got started but still have a long long way to go to get to the stage your at,
i aim to have it finished for feb/march time :)

Ha ha ha - Id only planned to be building my car for 2 years... 5 years later Im still not finished..

Must admit, looks like a bl00dy good car ya got there to put ya VTEC in!...

You might get away without chopping more out of the bulkhead - the original Honda inlet is quite a hefty lump, I would have imagined the TB's won't stick out as much??..

Keep the updates coming!!..

Cheers
C

Ive still got a few little things to do on mine but Im getting there!!

e91 330d/type r mini
Ha ha ha - Id only planned to be building my car for 2 years... 5 years later Im still not finished..

Must admit, looks like a bl00dy good car ya got there to put ya VTEC in!...

You might get away without chopping more out of the bulkhead - the original Honda inlet is quite a hefty lump, I would have imagined the TB's won't stick out as much??..

Keep the updates coming!!..

Cheers
C

Ive still got a few little things to do on mine but Im getting there!!

in all honesty the car looks tidier in the pics than it is in real life :(
i have sent the itb manifold off to get cut and angled up at 30 degrees to help with clearance and i have cut a nice size hole in the bulkhead as i want to fit some kind of enclosed airbox to keep the noise down at tackdays.
will update with a few more pics at the end of the week but at present it is sat on its own wheels already which is quite good.

e91 330d/type r mini
a little update we have cut out the bulkhead and boxed in the area where the throttle bodies will sit, have made it nice and big so i can fit some kind of airbox to keep the intake noise down a bit at trackdays:)

0ceeef0a.jpg

e30d74ad.jpg

6aa415cb.jpg

and heres what going to fill the hole :)

ef8d300e.jpg

474ec145.jpg

Very nice, Is that a Watson's or an Allspeed subframe? Are you putting on a Clubman front end or extending the wings and bonnet as I believe you need to extend the nose. Great project and would love to have the gonads to do it to the Elf.

e91 330d/type r mini
Very nice, Is that a Watson's or an Allspeed subframe? Are you putting on a Clubman front end or extending the wings and bonnet as I believe you need to extend the nose. Great project and would love to have the gonads to do it to the Elf.

its the watsons kit and i have a fiberglass clubman front end as the extended classic front end just looks out of proportion in my eyes. it is taking some gonads to do if im honest as i have never taken anything this big on before so im learning all the time :)
hope its worth it once its finished.

e91 330d/type r mini
little update, i have ordered my braided fuel lines and uprated fuel pump, my new arches have turned up and are a massive 8" wide ,will be trimmed down to the wheel though which should be aound 5" once done. new wheels have also arrived :)
i have been waiting on the scuttle panel being welded so have been pottering with the dasboard to get it ready for flocking net week :)
heres a couple of pics of how its roughly going to look

f820fcc1.jpg

0257e071.jpg

by the end of next week i would ideally like the scuttle welded on along with the a panels, fingers crossed

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Looking good matey... Is that an acewell dash?...

Take it you've gone for the extra wide miglias?.. I originally bought a set of these but they were horrendous quality..

Where are you sending you dashboard off to get flocked??..

I aint touched mine for ages... :-(

e91 330d/type r mini
Looking good matey... Is that an acewell dash?...

Take it you've gone for the extra wide miglias?.. I originally bought a set of these but they were horrendous quality..

Where are you sending you dashboard off to get flocked??..

I aint touched mine for ages... :-(

cheers mate :)
the arches are the extra wide miglias and tbh are better quality than the arches that are already on the car.
the dash will be flocked by yukspeed as they did a good job on my 172 dash last time.
tthe dash is the acwell 3250 which should be ok for what i need.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Cool.....

Ahhhh yeah, I got a quote from Yukspeed for mine doing, its just off the A64 isnt it??..

Keep the updates coming!.
C

e91 330d/type r mini
Cool.....

Ahhhh yeah, I got a quote from Yukspeed for mine doing, its just off the A64 isnt it??..

Keep the updates coming!.
C

trust me i want the updated to come as i feel like i havent got anywhere over the last 3 weeks :(
yukspeed is up the a64 hes not the quickest at doing things but worth it once its done.

e91 330d/type r mini
a couple of pics of bits i have got and done to go on the car :)
the dash
6fd9bbdc.jpg

a6faec82.jpg

powder coated and laquered rocker
d5dead12.jpg

d00fd64d.jpg

and the new rims :)
fd453e24.jpg

4a470394.jpg

and my shiney new manifold
7e77f0ab.jpg

d1552acc.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
little up date engine bay is pretty much ready for paint and then i can start to build back up for the last time :)
also the engine is all together less the alternater.
dd1e13cc.jpg

36c2d0da.jpg

68f70c4e.jpg

aaa98622.jpg

Inferno 182
You should get 170 out of that no problem. What ECU you running? If your going DTA, you can run two maps and switch it when the cams come on (I've got a copy of this Map if you want it). A B16A2 like that should Vtec at 4500 no hassle if only pulling a mini shell. I'd messure the Exhaust manifold. Standard downpipes dont fit the Kseries (Watsons) Subframe. You'll probably have to butcher it slightly. They are awsome, but dont go overbord with the offset on your wheels or it'll be undrivable :cool:

Iceberg 172
Absolutely epic!

Some of my brothers friends are well into their mini's. One has a B16a (i think, VTI 160bhp engine) in one, one has a metro turbo van running in the 13's i believe, and another has a 1275 mini which is more setup for the track but still does a low 14 second 1/4 mile!!!

Awesome fun!

Your project looks on another scale though!

e91 330d/type r mini
You should get 170 out of that no problem. What ECU you running? If your going DTA, you can run two maps and switch it when the cams come on (I've got a copy of this Map if you want it). A B16A2 like that should Vtec at 4500 no hassle if only pulling a mini shell. I'd messure the Exhaust manifold. Standard downpipes dont fit the Kseries (Watsons) Subframe. You'll probably have to butcher it slightly. They are awsome, but dont go overbord with the offset on your wheels or it'll be undrivable :cool:

yeah i have the dta to run it off of which came off a converted mini with a b16a2 so will need a tweak for the throttle bodies which rs tuning will be doing for me :)
wasnt aware of the manifold fouling the subframe so will have to check closely when i test fit towards the end of the week.
thanks for the offer of the copy of the map i will give you a shout if its needed.

e91 330d/type r mini
Absolutely epic!

Some of my brothers friends are well into their mini's. One has a B16a (i think, VTI 160bhp engine) in one, one has a metro turbo van running in the 13's i believe, and another has a 1275 mini which is more setup for the track but still does a low 14 second 1/4 mile!!!

Awesome fun!

Your project looks on another scale though!
cheers, if i can hit mid to low 14s i will be happy even though its not going to be a straight line racer more of a trackday car :)

e91 330d/type r mini

hmmmm bugger just measured the manifold and it 2.5/3cm deeper than stock, will be close if it fits if not then more modifications with the welder lol

e91 330d/type r mini
Yeh, I noticed the trigger wheel after i posted that. Maps free if you want it. Just let me know.
Gaz.

thanks mate :)
just realised your user name and im not sure if you are aware but you sold me the linkage setup a couple of weeks ago on 16v mini

soon to be 182 ;)
looking good i got a mate into all his jap stuff running a 200 bhp b16a in a civic, cant beat a bit of vtec :) *subscribed*