ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My TT QS

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not so exciting update. Cam belt, tensioners, aux belt and water pump have arrived. A little early to do them but better safe than sorry.

14465553396_3822770472.png

Also, bit of bad news. Cleaning the car and found this on my wheels which were refurbed in Feb-

14456588173_0c5df12101_c.png

However on the plus side, I took them back to where they were done. Chap couldn't be more apologetic and all four are being redone on Friday. :)

Also took banther for a quick blast in it. (he wouldn't drive it the sissy)

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
As per my post in the TIL the wheels are now as good as new.

14545581331_e646d4d9c3_b.jpg
IMG_20140630_200026 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

14362405738_8083efb8b6_b.jpg
IMG_20140630_194437 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

14548983525_5dfa0bd660_b.jpg
IMG_20140630_194448 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Also, it's the little things. The standard air box is smooth and the rest of the plastic are textured. I found out on the TT forum that limited 1.8T came with a textured air box cover. Searched ebay and found one for £13.00. :D

Before fitting;

14370812619_b97b0e0c5b_b.jpg
IMG_20140702_121305 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Fitted

14534324486_c7612f0c72_b.jpg
IMG_20140702_121656 by tomwh1te, on FlickrIMG_20140702_121656 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

@JD I know you have ocd a little like me. Don't know if you have one or know if they exist?

TomSx interesting one and you could have had mine, since I have a s2000 filter on. Mine is textured like the rest.

Looks good buddy. Desperate to get my wheels refurb'd.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks matey. Coming together now. Just need one side to replace the slam panel cover which is broken from a previous owner. :(

Oh and I have a full cam belt kit going on this weekend. Out of all the cars I've owned, this is the first I've had to put a cam belt on..lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
@TomSx interesting one and you could have had mine, since I have a s2000 filter on. Mine is textured like the rest.

Looks good buddy. Desperate to get my wheels refurb'd.

What your air box lid or you have a cover? As you'll see in the pic this a separate cover which goes over the normal lid.

Part number - 8N0 133 849 A

What your air box lid or you have a cover? As you'll see in the pic this a separate cover which goes over the normal lid.

Part number - 8N0 133 849 A

Aye, the cover pal. The airbox is smooth on the outside, the cover is in keeping with the rest.

Aren't you a different engine code anyway? Not a BAM for the 240s was it?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Tempted to get the Mrs on the "5v Turbo" on the engine cover and paint it red. Like so

8011641566_611bc097c6_z.jpg

I love it. Miss mine a lot! :(

Buy one. Or another V6. You know you want too..

Looks great.

Still love these! Seem to hold their value very well!

Thanks mate. Most do seem to be advertised for silly money!

Aye, the cover pal. The airbox is smooth on the outside, the cover is in keeping with the rest.

Aren't you a different engine code anyway? Not a BAM for the 240s was it?

Ah! The TT's don't come with them. :(

Well, it's a BFV which is unique to these but it's technically a BAM with some minor changes. They have their own clutch and flywheel etc

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
This is a lovely, lovely car mate.

As for the bay paint, I think it looks spot on as it is.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Need to stop spending money...

With the TT you are very limited where you can put a boost gauge. You either lose the vents or ash tray and imo it just looks messy. On the TT forum there is a lad who made his own pillar gauge and I always admired it. He got a supra pod, standard TT trim and had it retrimmed in oem cloth. As he is breaking the car I jumped at the chance of buying. A truly bespoke item.

8694173904_1b29fe99fa_z.jpg

8693057541_82572f8cb0_z.jpg

8693054317_5de164401d_z.jpg

8731212839_7d63f95090_z.jpg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Never seen one of these before, looks great although from the side it looks like the spoiler protrudes too much IMO.

I'm trying to convince the Mrs to get a TT convertible for my inner metro.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Never seen one of these before, looks great although from the side it looks like the spoiler protrudes too much IMO.

I'm trying to convince the Mrs to get a TT convertible for my inner metro.

I 100% see what you are saying looking back at the pics. I think it's the angle. The QS does get a slightly bigger spoiler but in reality it's still small.

Got a link for this mate?

Keen to put one in mine, will make journeys so much more comfortable with one!

Umm i'll try but they are rarer than hens teeth. Most go for £200+! I really don't need mine with the PP's but I do use it.

Nice. Looks very good too.

Much as I don't need one at all...I want a boost gauge!

Thanks mate. Nobody really needs one but it's good to keep an eye on things. I can log it and see what it's boosting but it's easier this way. More to keep an eye on the vacuum and make sure no leaks appear. Although I have replaced all my boost pipes.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
When my S3 was playing up...it was spiking at 34! Made for an interesting drive to say the least!!

Love this, looks so fresh.

Thanks mate. Bet it went like a rocket for a couple of minutes! Then bang.. lol!

The lad who made this pod also made a bespoke splitter too which looks quite good imo. A bit racey, but good.

14558921724_2ff9d3cb6c_c.jpg

8722714025_b38d2e3d1f_z.jpg

He doenst want to sell it yet though..

That pod is awesome Tom! :approve:

I quite like the dude's TT too, the splitter is nice. It's a lot like the race car ones.

Nice wheels on that, Tom.

240 spoiler is the same as the V6 is it not? I always think they look better IMHO.

Mine is still chugging along. Hardly moves. In fact, I need to log it and make sure it's making full power before next weekend's jaunt to Silverstone Classics, as the roads to it are littered with nice pieces of automotive metal, so need it performing at its best!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice wheels on that, Tom.

240 spoiler is the same as the V6 is it not? I always think they look better IMHO.

Mine is still chugging along. Hardly moves. In fact, I need to log it and make sure it's making full power before next weekend's jaunt to Silverstone Classics, as the roads to it are littered with nice pieces of automotive metal, so need it performing at its best!

Yep, same the V6. It's just a little extension which is about a inch bigger than normal.

Get your maf cleaned. I cleaned mine with some electrical contact cleaner and gained a few more g/s.

PS, you need CH's.

That pod is awesome Tom! :approve:

I quite like the dude's TT too, the splitter is nice. It's a lot like the race car ones.

Love this car. Probably the only TT i've seen that i'd own.

Cheers guys.

Looks awesome mate, I love the new pillar.

Thought Mr OEM+ might like it..:)

Pipe down FFS, lol. Not modding this any further. Just getting it mint (new mirror glass as the blue tint ones have got water marks from the bottom up) with a view to getting something louder and soft top in Winter (better time to buy).

I've cleaned my MAF before and it didn't really work well. Ended up getting a new one on exchange!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah fair. Mines not old at all but I still gained 3 g/s or something which is about 4 bhp so I do it occasionally now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely addition mate. I never seen the point in a boost gauge but if it helps show leaks then perfect.

Like the splitter. I went for a Cupra R on on my V6, looked great imo.

Ah fair. Mines not old at all but I still gained 3 g/s or something which is about 4 bhp so I do it occasionally now.

Yeha I agree now mine is new. Are you still running an S2000 filter or have you gone back to standard? It's the JR filters that fudge the MAF.

Lovely addition mate. I never seen the point in a boost gauge but if it helps show leaks then perfect.

Like the splitter. I went for a Cupra R on on my V6, looked great imo.

I was tempted by one on mine.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeha I agree now mine is new. Are you still running an S2000 filter or have you gone back to standard? It's the JR filters that fudge the MAF.

I've gone back to standard as I couldn't stand the noise of an open filter. I'm too old for Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tsshhhhhhhhhh

As for the LCR splitter, im just not sold. I think it cheapens it a little.

null_zpsf93269ef.jpg

null_zpseb85527a.jpg