ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My track only Monaco

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Will give them a proper going at in the week. spigot rings are a must with bigger bored wheels. Just doesn't feel right, I guessed this would be the case.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Spigots fitted, itg maxogen fitted, mirror covers not fallen off.

Took the car for a quick blast, a hundred percent better. Note to self never fit larger bored wheels without spigots, despite the minority saying it 'should' be fine.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Sod that, got spigots in mine as well, on the plus side I don't need spacers :smile:

You go through induction kits like I don't know what, how come you've changed again?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Tell me about it. Just trying different ones mate. And the itg's don't come up often for sensible money so be rude not too.

The 205 on the 15's fill the arch miles better.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Oz f1's look great,
I have a monaco phase 2 with a blown gearbox.
I still prefer my phase 1 though.
Need some f1's for it instead of the turbines.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
My original plan was to use my pearl black phase 2 as a track car, then the monaco came up and it was the colour i wanted to do a williams style track car and then i bought my phase 1 which has most of the bits i wanted already on it!
Now i'm moving so need to sell the 2 phase 2's.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Was the first time with the camera, quite happy with the outcome really. Just a shame it pissed down pretty much all morning, dried a bit in the afternoon. Will stuck my other video up later on

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Car was yet again faultless, apart from the rubbing issue but will get that sorted. The new rsr's were brilliant, lap after lap they seemed to get better. I reckon maybe 7 or 8 laps they went off, but never really had a moment all day, it was a dry day though. A quick video of my Oulton day on wed

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
New plate on and a quick clean after Oulton park the other week. Looks great when cleaned

F73C8157-E740-4EB2-9C83-5AE347D66A78_zpspgcz1bm2.gif

A234BB4A-3179-4A2D-9000-5022B47A0F48_zpsuaoph3gc.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
New exhaust. Ktec stealth with a recessed pipe. Fit was an arse and it still doesn't sit 100%, it will do. Whiteline fitted too, surprisingly straight forward even for me.

55C44D77-0467-4353-9C71-E2A24D7B627E_zpsefqklxxy.gif

F2AD9D71-0913-4744-9A6D-E72D9FE1C24A_zpsroez8bfp.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't really done a great deal apart from fitting new wheels. I'm in a thinking out loud stage and have been contemplating an r26, would I be mad, mmm. It cleans up well and is a riot to drive but I hardly use it. And if I were to sell up what we thinking price wise?

Couple of pics, just because cleaned

87A04EED-D9E4-4D51-927A-E82F8EB8117B_zpsh6cevlfp.gif

96B74026-0230-4154-B9FB-8FCFFAA15236_zpsr04tafk8.jpg

RB197
I'd offer you £2000 if I were to buy it, but then again I don't know the spec.

I sold my 04 plate on here about 4 months ago for £1600. Absolute bargain really considering all what was wrong with it was a faulty alternator and a few other minor things. Brand new bilstein b14, bimarco futura, PMS top mount kit, PMS stud kit, stripped etc. Oz f1 with RSR's and a few other mods too

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Spec wise its pretty good really.

205/15/15 Rsr's with one track day and a few road miles. Wolfrace pro lite alloys.
B14's, estimate 18 months old, ish. -1.5 front, -2 rear with camber shims
White line arb
Ktec exhaust with unsilenced centre, cat still in.
Brembo discs with Mintex 1155 pads
Has been mapped at some point, unsure wether with an rs tuner.
Fatty induction kit
Ktec engine mount
Polybushed gearbox mount
Stripped with cage, seats, sabelt (worn) steering wheel, aftermarket hub.
Poly windows with sliders
Belts done by 519 three years ago

few other bits but mostly cosmetic

Dave LM

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
I sold my 172 track car at the start of the year and got an R26 which had A number of goods mods for fast road / track.

Overall it didn't feel massively faster than the Clio, and the Clio was the more fun to drive/chuck around. If you haven't already, it may well be an idea to try an R26 to see what you think.

I am now back in a 172 again for track duties.

172 Cup
Id keep it personally if it's all sorted. What's it's like with 205's on? My new wheels have federal 205's but I was thinking about putting 195's back on.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
i was behind a megane the other day, so started considering one. The monaco is spot on tbf so no mad rush to sell.

Not sure Id swap it for a Megane mate. It would be no quicker, and wouldn't be as fun to track IMo.

Plus your going to have to spend even more money to get it where you want (like you have done the 172).

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I've not spent a whole lot on, just tinkered really. It was only a thought to sell both cars and buy a megane.

Ph2 172
I think the meganes are massively overrated. I bought an R26 last year but thankfully I kept my Clio as well. Needless to say the megane has gone and the Clio is becoming a more focused track car.

They're bigger and look a bit more respectable but that's where the positives ended for me.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Don't do it! I was looking at an rs6 today in works car park and it obviously had power but I can just imagine how comfy it would be inside you wouldn't be able to have proper "fun" in it like the clio. I imagine it'd be fairly similar for the Megane?