ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Shopping Basket

A Flamin' Red one
I've just been browsing on cleanyourcar.co.uk and have thrown this little lot in the basket. The only thing missing is the snow foam but cleanyourcar don't sell the Bilt Hamber stuff.

What do you all reckon?

SafeRedirect.aspx

A Flamin' Red one
thumb_hd_foamLance2.jpg

Foam Lance - Various fittings
Connection Type: Karcher fitting KAR41£39.09£39.09

thumb_sonus_clay_fine.jpg
Sonus Ultra Fine Detailing Clay pkg/2 SON-3200-2£13.00

thumb_sonus_glyde.jpg

Sonus Glyde Detailing Clay Lubricant SON-300£6.04£6.04

thumb_carlack_handpolish.jpg

Car-Lack 68 - Hand polish kit CART16£12.13£12.13

thumb_colinite476s.jpg

Collinite No. 476S - Super Doublecoat Auto Wax COL74£13.87£13.87

thumb_trio.jpg

Der Wunder Towel Trio SON-DWTRIO£26.04£26.04

thumb_meguiars_APC.jpg

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner D-10101£12.13£12.13

thumb_apc_bottle1.jpg

Meguiars APC bottle Sprayer: None MEGQ6£1.70£1.70

thumb_meguiars_foaming.jpg

Meguiars Foaming Sprayer D-110813£3.43£6.87

thumb_bodywash.jpg

Chemical Guys - Bodywash and Wax CHEZ22£6.04£6.04

Subtotal:£136.91 VAT:£20.54

*Shipping: n/a

Basket Total:
£157.45

Not a fan of the sonus products, or the car lack.

I would suggest just Super Resin Polish as the polish. Then a sealent like ChemGuys Blitz or good old Extra Gloss Protection.

Also another clay product . . .

As above i would change carlack for SRP.

Ditch the sonus clay lube and use car shampoo and water 2:1 Personally. Its cheaper.

Get some £1 round sponges if you havent got any, They come in handy.

A Flamin' Red one
What is it about the Sonus range (including the clay) that you're not a fan of? Similarly, why not the car-lack?

Would you say a sealent was a better option than a wax?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
That lot will keep you busy.

I use that shampoo. Worth buyin in Gallons tho tbh!

What is it about the Sonus range (including the clay) that you're not a fan of? Similarly, why not the car-lack?

Would you say a sealent was a better option than a wax?

Taster products have never swayed me (got quite a few from Autopia due to the amount I spent there a few summers back). IMO better products out there for the money.

Sealents and waxes are two separate things fella, wash, clay, polish, seal, wax on top. The sealent is the protection, wax is just for added protection/looks. So something like CG Blitz then the 476 on top.

A Flamin' Red one
Taster products have never swayed me (got quite a few from Autopia due to the amount I spent there a few summers back). IMO better products out there for the money.

Sealents and waxes are two separate things fella, wash, clay, polish, seal, wax on top. The sealent is the protection, wax is just for added protection/looks. So something like CG Blitz then the 476 on top.

I seeee!!

I was under the inpression that a sealent was a 'modern' wax for those in a bit more of a rush (hence the spray bottles as opposed to tins).

This is all a bit new to me but I'm learning.

I was going to purchase the Megs Gold Class shampoo but the CG stuff seems to have great reviews!

Fan of the Megs myself, but both are grand from reviews (ali)

I seeee!!

I was under the inpression that a sealent was a 'modern' wax for those in a bit more of a rush (hence the spray bottles as opposed to tins).

This is all a bit new to me but I'm learning.

Nay worries, it's what the forum is for chap.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Never used that carlack polish, but the nano care is a great product IMO! Works great with the 476s too.

Missed that one. Don't use the der wonders. I found that they scratch quite a lot :S

Defo go for something as plus and thick as possible!

Bumder With A Buffer
Missed that one. Don't use the der wonders. I found that they scratch quite a lot :S

Yep same here... that ultra plush towel, although not as big as others, is f**king soft. And doesn't scratch one bit.. I used a sonus one and it felt like I was scratching the f**k out of the car:( I Sit in at night watching tele whilst sucking my thumb and rubbing it on my face :)

My GF tries to take it away from me and I run upstairs into the corner of the bedroom shouting "My blanky!" :mad:**

** I dont really honest!

Golf GTD Mk7

Poorboys towels are the best i've used. No complaints with scratching. The drying towel is wicked.

Bus w**ker
I used to be a huge AG fanboy and really rated SRP highly, that was until I got some Clearkote's Vanilla Moose. The difference between the products is astounding, it works so much easier than SRP and gives, for me at least, better results.

SRP is a good polish but IMHO there are far better out there.

A Flamin' Red one
Okay, new list..

Thanks for all your thoughts so far.

thumb_hd_foamLance2.jpg

Foam Lance - Various fittings
Connection Type: Karcher fitting KAR41£39.09£39.09

thumb_CG_bww_gallons_small.jpg

Chemical Guys - Extreme Bodywash & Wax 1 Gallon CWS_107£19.96£19.96

thumb_42waffle.jpg

Huge 38" x 28" Microfibre Drying Towel HUGD1£8.65£8.65

thumb_clay_sampler.jpg

Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay Sampler SON-3200-300£11.26£11.26

thumb_clearkote_vanilla.jpg

Clearkote Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze CLEL16£11.26£11.26

thumb_german_applicator.jpg

Ultimate German Applicator ULTB6£2.57£2.57

thumb_blitz.jpg

Chemical Guys - Blitz Spray Sealant CHEE3£10.39£10.39

thumb_colinite476s.jpg

Collinite No. 476S - Super Doublecoat Auto Wax COL74£13.87£13.87

thumb_microfibre_orange3.jpg

Ultimate Ultra-Plush Buffing Cloth Pkg/3 16" x 16" ULTH5£9.52£9.52

thumb_meguiars_APC.jpg

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner D-10101£12.13£12.13

thumb_apc_bottle1.jpg

Meguiars APC bottle Sprayer: None MEGQ6£1.70£1.70

thumb_meguiars_foaming.jpg

Meguiars Foaming Sprayer D-110813£3.43£3.43

Subtotal:£143.83 VAT:£21.57
*Shipping: n/a

Basket Total:
£165.40

Bumder With A Buffer
Those ultra plush cloths are cool as f**k :)

Let me know how you get on with with the vanilla moose stuff as Im after a replacement for SRP

A Flamin' Red one
Doh, too late!

Thanks though Rich. Should all be with me in time for a Bank Holiday Monday clean after this weekend's stag do to Blackpool.

Four and a half hour drive each way :nono: .

Bumder With A Buffer
Ah s**t never mind! Its only a quid but it just seems weird dont you think?! Its exactly the same product?!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Ooooo i beat you there. I'm just about to buy £400 worth or stuff from I4Detailing.
Although £200 is the Machein Polisher :)
Good choice of stuff tho

A Flamin' Red one
£400 - epic bit of spending there mate.

Funnily enough I was just oggling over your motor in that 'Show me your 182s' thread. What have you bought to clean it then?!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Not a fan of the sonus products, or the car lack.

I would suggest just Super Resin Polish as the polish. Then a sealent like ChemGuys Blitz or good old Extra Gloss Protection.

Also another clay product . . .

+1

A Flamin' Red one
I've still got some SRP but always keen to try new things so went for some of the Clearkote stuff as a comparison.

Having never clayed my car before I've nothing to compare against the Sonus bits I've bought but i'm sure, as a detailing noob, I'll get on okay :)

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
Would tend to agree. But each to their own experiences and budgets of course :)

I agree, just think alot of people think megs is the best out and nothin can beat it.

No harm in trying summat different though. :D