ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my ph1 and errr ph2!

Ph-Quick
Basically had a PH 2 172 for a few months now:
photo0250.jpg

Got some speedlines on there and some eibach springs and was/am happy with it!
But everyone was saying how the ph1's were a better drive etc and so it got me thinking and the more i thought the more i liked the idea of one!
So just looked about every now and then on cliosport etc and then one caught my eye :)
So i went and had a look and thought why the hell not it looks alot of fun:
cimg1164.jpg

rear.jpg

dsc00057.jpg

and the most important part:
11078.jpg

Basically had alot of work done on it already, now running 209bhp, and in the little light french shell that means quickness!
Anyway only just picked it up yesterday and got plenty of plans which include:
New GDi exhaust
Put Speedlines on it
Higher suspensio at least but more than likely change
Tidy it up hear and there
And get it running spot on!
Let me know what you think peeps :D
Oh and anyone whos in the market for a stnadard PH2 172 drop me a PM as thats my other project, to sell the other one :eek:
photo0257.jpg

small update:

Small update, very small lol
Had loads of plans to do loads today but rain stopped play, well untill i got bored, so off to the garage i went, now my garage aint exactly big so was a mission!
1st up was jack up and front wheels off to reveal:
photo0263.jpg

The big brakes that could cause me problems :look:
whilst i was there i higherd up the coilovers so i could actually get in the garage front ways and also get full lock without scrubbing!
photo0262.jpg

Anyway other reason was to see if the turinis would fit over the breaks, now due ot the rain i couldnt be arsed jack other car up to get a turini off so i though id try a standard wheel!
and............
photo02611.jpg

IT FITS :D
only just though :! thats a 5mm drill twist in the top of the pic!
photo0260.jpg

Other than that light was fading fast so did abit of tidying up of wiring in the boot and below rear seats for the sub and amp and removed an old changer from front!
One thing i realised today is how much i miss and love playing with cars :D

and another small update from today:

SMALL UPDATE:
Returned the ph2 back to standard to sell:
photo0280.jpg

photo0276.jpg

4450ono PM for details ;)
Then yesterday got my tyres deliverd for the turinis and got them put on, so today i could put them on:
half way through:
photo0225.jpg

and done :D
photo0227.jpg

Think i could do with some spacers tho :S
photo02301.jpg

photo02291.jpg

and then i took the splitter off aswell as its too low and i was curious:
photo0232.jpg

and so how it stands now,
photo0231.jpg

got another couple of hrs before the light goes, but running out of little things to do without buying more things, and until the ph2 sells that aint gonna happen :(, but refreshments were needed :p

Sorry if the text and that comes out funny pasted from another site!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
nice work mate

could do a straight swap on the suspension, oh and i would be very interested in the splitter to, give me a pm or something,

liking the phase 1 though, looks spot on, shame its running so much bhp compared to mine......lol

Ph-Quick
i know that car....whos was it....

BOught it off Ludaprix of here!

and yeh the exhaust plate is going eventually, i want a recessed exhaust and not keen on the exhaust and abit loud! So when i have the funds i will invest in one and hopefully a Ph2 bumper if i can find one!

Neil: Splitter has seen better days really, the car was silly low before and so took abit of a beating, but i believe its just a megane jobby which are a fraction of the cost of the cup ones!

As for the suspension im gonna see how it goes once ive got it on the road, but you are top of the list!

Ph-Quick
16s, proper tight on the brakes! as now they have been balanced guess where the weights needed to go right on the outside edge of the inner wheel! but with spacers might help it out but been up the road and back and no rubbing so far!

Ph-Quick
someone b4 ludaprix the first owner!

badinvicibles??

17s iircs

from what i can tell it was:

msa_182 had it 1st then Dean then Clarkie then might have gone elsewhere before Luda got it!

These names mean nothing to me and quite new to the site!

Ph-Quick
I did like the leggras, but they were just that bit to big!

If they had been the anthracite ones i would have been tempted as if they had been 16s, if they were the anthra 16s then they would have definatly stayed!

Ph-Quick
prefer the ph2 myself, would have saved my cash and done more with that.

I thought i preferred the ph2 aswell but then having one of each i prefer teh ph1 now!

It has abit more character, its abit dated yes but i want a toy again not a sensible car!

I love that ph1, but I too prefered it on the superleggras.

I think it had the reg 'Paul C' on it once ?? (that's not the actual reg btw, but you'd know it was meant to say Paul C)

I'm not a fan of the metal exhaust plate thing, i'd get that sorted tbh.
Other than that I really like it:)

Ph-Quick

I think it had the reg 'Paul C' on it once ?? (that's not the actual reg btw, but you'd know it was meant to say Paul C)

Did have a private plate on it but not that i dont think!

the leggras where just too big!

and as above the plate will be gone soon, in fact might go drill it out now, will have holes in the bumper but its gotta be better!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Neil: Splitter has seen better days really, the car was silly low before and so took abit of a beating, but i believe its just a megane jobby which are a fraction of the cost of the cup ones!

As for the suspension im gonna see how it goes once ive got it on the road, but you are top of the list!

no worries chap, yeah have looked at those splitters, will look into it again after crimbo, will have to pop down sometime and have a ganders at the ph1

Ph-Quick
Dan, think i have seen you about yeh, il remember not to race you now then ;)
But i will look out for you, and no driving the ph2 at the mo till it sells then the ph1 will come out to play!

Yeh neil you will have to pop round sometime when the ph1 is on the road and looking abit better!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
christ... on it's 5th CS owner now!

msa, dean, paul, ludaprix... now you

awesome car though fella

Ph-Quick
The private plate must have been on it after some documents ive got about the car then.

I think its had bits done by different owners and can only get better :)

artur69uk: brakes are :310mm wp pro racing disc conversion with wp pads and gdi stainless brake lines, apparently, havnt checked the brake lines yet.

adamRS, if my car was iceburg silver then i would have it but its not so not worth it really!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Aye clarkies.

Dare i say it...I prefer it on the O.Z!!!

heat plate looks utter tripe tho.