ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new toy. LY Megane R26

LY R26 #288
Cool I'll have a look at them tires.

Really? I found the clio more confidence inspiring although it's true i can't compare it to the clio at all at the moment with the crap tires and wet roads.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Roads are a pain in the a*s at the mo .

Im bored of the diesel LOL .

Any other plans for it Breaks , exhaust ???

ALan

Cool I'll have a look at them tires.

Really? I found the clio more confidence inspiring although it's true i can't compare it to the clio at all at the moment with the crap tires and wet roads.

LY R26 #288
No plans for exhaust yet. I'm enjoying the civilised experience at the moment after 3 years with a yozza on the 182 lol.

I will have to do something with the brakes. The front discs were an advisory on the last mot. But I'll probably keep it fairly standard they already have drilled brembo discs as standard. I might put ferodo ds2500 pads on and some ATE super blue brake fluid. Had that setup on the 182 and they were superb.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yes I will prob go with DS2500 as well but EBC yellow stuff were good too .

No plans for exhaust yet. I'm enjoying the civilised experience at the moment after 3 years with a yozza on the 182 lol.

I will have to do something with the brakes. The front discs were an advisory on the last mot. But I'll probably keep it fairly standard they already have drilled brembo discs as standard. I might put ferodo ds2500 pads on and some ATE super blue brake fluid. Had that setup on the 182 and they were superb.

LY R26 #288
I did get a few snaps when doing some of the jobs, they don't give much away though.

Bumper off to fit HIDS
11728455464_7cc25870b8_z.jpg

IMG_0748 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Glove box out to fit my Renault Tunepoint as I needed to drill a hole to run the wire into the glove box
11728449594_f044563fc3_z.jpg

IMG_0749 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Hids fitted....
11728444784_3a4724fc6e_z.jpg

IMG_0750 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11728050115_636916fe0c_z.jpg

IMG_0751 by JoeRS182, on Flickr
I'll try get some night shots. Waiting for my white sidelight bulbs to come aswell.

Gave it a nice wash..
11728808696_04ea62e9de_z.jpg

IMG_0788 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Then the lovely job of doing the belts....
11728036595_329c55d2d0_z.jpg

IMG_0791 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11728796026_cacfb3c9bd_z.jpg

IMG_0794 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

I'm glad its all done now :)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
for what its worth theres a joint group buy (clio197.net) on rstuning live maps. 100 quid off if ten cars line up and i think theres more than that now. cut off is 15th jan for deposits i think

LY R26 #288
for what its worth theres a joint group buy (clio197.net) on rstuning live maps. 100 quid off if ten cars line up and i think theres more than that now. cut off is 15th jan for deposits i think
Thanks for the info, I do recall reading about that on the Megane forum.

You did the belts yourself ?
Yeah, I done my 182 two year ago and kept the tools, Same engine (F4R) in the Megane, minus the dephaser pulley. The biggest problem is the access and how tight it is down the side of the engine. I'm not sure which one was worse to do. Although the Megane doesn't have that retarded spring tensioner that the Clios have for the aux belt.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
So you have some skills lol

I may ask for help fitting my intercooler now I know your handy with the spanners as its a pig of a job to do but I love a good old fight lol

Thanks for the info, I do recall reading about that on the Megane forum.

Yeah, I done my 182 two year ago and kept the tools, Same engine (F4R) in the Megane, minus the dephaser pulley. The biggest problem is the access and how tight it is down the side of the engine. I'm not sure which one was worse to do. Although the Megane doesn't have that retarded spring tensioner that the Clios have for the aux belt.

LY R26 #288
Haha skills, I wouldn't go that far. lol.

Yeah no worries, Just let me know if you want a hand. But atleast wait for the weather to get better? lol!.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Ok thanks should be ok I have done lots of S*it jobs on cars before :)

You still going to S/R/R on the 09/02/14 ?

I want to see the R26 and Sir Dave Mini GP

Haha skills, I wouldn't go that far. lol.

Yeah no worries, Just let me know if you want a hand. But atleast wait for the weather to get better? lol!.

evo 6rs/clio 172
100.JPG099.JPGNice choice of car mate
I have just bought a megane 225 cup in black
I am too going for a stage 1 remap from paul at rs tuning
I had the henk rs tuner box on my 172 and didn't rate it at all
Did seem tests with it like 30mph to 70 mph in 3rd etc and made no difference
I had to order 3 x new exhaust brackets for the megane, as all after market rubbish , the centre box one was totally broke
I put the ds2500 pads in and am not impressed not sharp enough
I ran the ds3000 which are awesome but sold on as the dust was a joke

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Live maps you can change fueling and timing etc as you can see what it is doing at any given point.
Genetic maps are not safe to do this as you don't see much.
Was it you who pm me on ms.

LY R26 #288
View attachment 107306View attachment 107307Nice choice of car mate
I have just bought a megane 225 cup in black
I am too going for a stage 1 remap from paul at rs tuning
I had the henk rs tuner box on my 172 and didn't rate it at all
Did seem tests with it like 30mph to 70 mph in 3rd etc and made no difference
I had to order 3 x new exhaust brackets for the megane, as all after market rubbish , the centre box one was totally broke
I put the ds2500 pads in and am not impressed not sharp enough
I ran the ds3000 which are awesome but sold on as the dust was a joke
Oh yeah I remember you got yours the same day I got mine iirc. Wasn't you having trouble with the linkage?

As for Henks map, I really rated it on the 182. It mad a solid 180bhp at the surrey rolling road day and pulls like a train.

I couldn't fault the ds2500 either for road use I never had any problems.

I just can't see why you'd pay 300 for Paul's generic map when Henks is only 100. Okay a live map is the preferred choice it's just a long way to go for me. Haven't made my mind up yet though.

Live maps you can change fueling and timing etc as you can see what it is doing at any given point.
Genetic maps are not safe to do this as you don't see much.
Was it you who pm me on ms.

Yes mate it was me that pm'd you about my slight miss hap. Lol. Saved my bacon on that one.

And yup I'm still going to surrey rolling road in feb.

evo 6rs/clio 172
Yes mate sure is me that bought the megane same day as yourself
I've always ran live maps on my evos since 2005 and prefer them
For £100 the generic must be worth ago mate but I want a print out on a dd to check the afr's, boost, torque etc
Leeds is only 80 miles away up the A1 for me so no probs

LY R26 #288
Looks tidy mate and the clio looks good too lol. Wish I'd been able to keep both.

Yeah I'm going to the rr day in feb so might load it on and check it out on there. If it's not that impressive I might make the trip in the summer to have it live mapped.

How you finding it so far?

evo 6rs/clio 172
Its a spot on car mate
Not as sharp as the clio more of a gt coupe feel
Like you have stated they need the best tyres to stop the spinning in these damp conditions
Might put the federal 595 rsr on as pretty cheap
The torque is addictive for sure
I am having the centre box cut out as not wanting a loud car but I think these need abit more noise

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i drive from bristol to leeds to see paul.
thought you were the same person glad you got it all sorted out.
belts on these are way easier

LY R26 #288
Its a spot on car mate
Not as sharp as the clio more of a gt coupe feel
Like you have stated they need the best tyres to stop the spinning in these damp conditions
Might put the federal 595 rsr on as pretty cheap
The torque is addictive for sure
I am having the centre box cut out as not wanting a loud car but I think these need abit more noise

Love the torque. Cool you'll have to keep us updated and let us know what it sounds like with the centre box chopped.

i drive from bristol to leeds to see paul.
thought you were the same person glad you got it all sorted out.
belts on these are way easier

What did you go for? Stage 1? What figures did you make?.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Stage 1 i used to have my car is a bit of a freak.
243 bhp. but torque was something like 270 iirc.
It was the lowest bhp Paul had seen but one of the highest torque.

Mini Cooper S sport
Saw an LY R26 the other day, it made me miss mine! They still look so awesome. The colour is just stunning in the sun, I used to get so many comments from people.

LY R26 #288
Saw an LY R26 the other day, it made me miss mine! They still look so awesome. The colour is just stunning in the sun, I used to get so many comments from people.

I can't say I've seen an R26 or 225 around my area. I think I saw a black 225 a while back. Its nice having the only LY R26 around to my knowledge lol. The colour is fantastic, not too sure about in the sun, when we get some I'll let you know! haha.

Couple of pics I took today,

Gave the engine bay a quick whip round with a cloth and some AG rubber & vinyl care stuff I use for inside the car.

11839273336_49181f0856_z.jpg

IMG_0808 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Looks fairly tidy I think. Under bonnet insulation seems to be missing, although a lot of people seem to be missing that on the meg forums.

And a couple of snaps of the interior after a quick clean, and ofcourse my new RenaultSport mats.
11838900204_28acb4d76a_z.jpg

IMG_0809 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11838895264_e5c661eb09_z.jpg

IMG_0810 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Interior is in really good condition, just need to sort out a new gear knob insert as that is the only thing letting it down imo.

Ended up contacting Adam from Renault Wolverhampton over on the meg forum, he's sorting me out a boot light and glove box light. They were much cheaper than I expected too.

Also waiting for a new set of plugs to arrive.

LY R26 #288
Yes! Whens your next track day? lol. I'll call shotgun on a passenger ride lol!.

The summer can't come soon enough. I'm interested to have a look at your ST, I like the look of them.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice! wish mine was that clean!

Where did you get the mats from?

Arm rest is another cheap ish mod you could do? ive just fitted one to mine.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Very clean looks like it has just come out of the show room .

Alan

I can't say I've seen an R26 or 225 around my area. I think I saw a black 225 a while back. Its nice having the only LY R26 around to my knowledge lol. The colour is fantastic, not too sure about in the sun, when we get some I'll let you know! haha.

Couple of pics I took today,

Gave the engine bay a quick whip round with a cloth and some AG rubber & vinyl care stuff I use for inside the car.

11839273336_49181f0856_z.jpg

IMG_0808 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Looks fairly tidy I think. Under bonnet insulation seems to be missing, although a lot of people seem to be missing that on the meg forums.

And a couple of snaps of the interior after a quick clean, and ofcourse my new RenaultSport mats.
11838900204_28acb4d76a_z.jpg

IMG_0809 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11838895264_e5c661eb09_z.jpg

IMG_0810 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Interior is in really good condition, just need to sort out a new gear knob insert as that is the only thing letting it down imo.

Ended up contacting Adam from Renault Wolverhampton over on the meg forum, he's sorting me out a boot light and glove box light. They were much cheaper than I expected too.

Also waiting for a new set of plugs to arrive.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looks stunning this. Love that colour :cool:

Really tidy looking car.

That is one big gain from just a map :eek:

Was just under 275bhp actually. Like I said, would be very interesting to see the output now considering the mods since that base map.

File0001_zps68503f54.jpg

Fiesta ST Stage 3
So that is with just a map and nothing other ?

That is about a + 50 BHP and + 50 LB/FT from just a map ?

What had been done after the map ???

Looks stunning this. Love that colour :cool:

Really tidy looking car.

Was just under 275bhp actually. Like I said, would be very interesting to see the output now considering the mods since that base map.

File0001_zps68503f54.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So that is with just a map and nothing other ?

That is about a + 50 BHP and + 50 LB/FT from just a map ?

What had been done after the map ???

It's Poobah's old motor: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?672205-UR-Megane-R26

Performance mods since the map:

KTR/Milltek 2.75" system
Forge Actuator
Pace FMIC
ITG Cosworth induction kit
Forge recirc
Uprated Injectors

Sorry should have clarified. The 275bhp that this and Grays achieved on Stage 1 was on an otherwise standard engine (No ITG, no FMIC). It's not been RR'd since so i'd be interested to know what it's putting out now. One to try Neil. :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So 300 + might be on the cards

Alan

Not meaning to hijack, as it's a great thread this, but I believe the stock turbo/internals would struggle over 300bhp. I'm using both. The car can be a handful in the wet but the LSD is great and works very well.

LY R26 #288
I bet it's insanely quick. It's no slouch out the box but how do you get the power down at 275bhp? Bet it's a handful.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the cloth armrest off eBay, had to buy the leather rest off someone on MS.

Only problem is the gear gator, you have to take the silver plastic surround off (stapled on)

Mine is ok putting the power down with 271.

LY R26 #288
Well I'm back, What a weekend!.

My mate and I set off on Friday morning at around 11am for our 300 mile journey to the evo triangle in north Wales. Ended up getting to our hotel at about 6pm and was pleased to see a shell garage just over the road from where we were staying. After checking in and a bit of grub at the pub next door we decided to refill the tanks and go have a drive around it at night, it was pitch black and raining on and off. We were staying about twenty miles away from the triangle so it wasn't too bad and the roads going there were interesting anyway. Did about four laps round it, decided not too push it anymore in the conditions and drove back to the hotel.

Saturday we get up, have a slap up all you can eat breakfast and then visit the shell garage once more to refill and headed down there, this time in the day light and the scenery around the area is amazing. Arrived at the triangle, set up my phone to record and off we went, this time its bright and sunny, a little damp but not too bad. Wow! the roads are amazing, you can see for miles, barely any traffic, a nice mixture of tight and sweeping bends and some good over taking places. I can safely say these are the best driving roads I've been on in this country. After a few laps we also decided to try some of the 'mountain' passes listed on the sat nav and they also were amazing.

My mates 182 (which is my old 182) and my Megane both drove faultlessly over the whole weekend. Arriving home, we'd clocked up 1200 miles. The most shocking part was, whenever we both topped our tanks back up the Megane only cost 3-4 quid more to fill every time even though we'd both done the exact same mileage and driving styles. So there's not that much difference in fuel economy.

Gutted I tried to film the triangle atleast four times but my iphone was playing up. Anyway some pics...

11929922415_b2dbbd8faf_z.jpg

DSCF3156 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11930181953_26f7027b40_z.jpg

DSCF3157 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11930746026_d976351f75_z.jpg

DSCF3159 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11929885215_609e02bcc5_z.jpg

DSCF3160 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11930726776_a5802fa3ef_z.jpg

DSCF3163 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

One of the mountain passes we checked out...
11930138353_4714ce2ba1_z.jpg

DSCF3172 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11930707896_499164de03_z.jpg

DSCF3177 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11930122173_126fc07736_z.jpg

DSCF3178 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

In the services on the way home, filthy.
11929842235_1f0428e824_z.jpg

DSCF3182 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Tried to take as many pics as possible but I didn't want to stop driving lol.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Looks amazing this is on my list with the Ring and SPA .

Roads look so fun

Well I'm back, What a weekend!.

My mate and I set off on Friday morning at around 11am for our 300 mile journey to the evo triangle in north Wales. Ended up getting to our hotel at about 6pm and was pleased to see a shell garage just over the road from where we were staying. After checking in and a bit of grub at the pub next door we decided to refill the tanks and go have a drive around it at night, it was pitch black and raining on and off. We were staying about twenty miles away from the triangle so it wasn't too bad and the roads going there were interesting anyway. Did about four laps round it, decided not too push it anymore in the conditions and drove back to the hotel.

Saturday we get up, have a slap up all you can eat breakfast and then visit the shell garage once more to refill and headed down there, this time in the day light and the scenery around the area is amazing. Arrived at the triangle, set up my phone to record and off we went, this time its bright and sunny, a little damp but not too bad. Wow! the roads are amazing, you can see for miles, barely any traffic, a nice mixture of tight and sweeping bends and some good over taking places. I can safely say these are the best driving roads I've been on in this country. After a few laps we also decided to try some of the 'mountain' passes listed on the sat nav and they also were amazing.

My mates 182 (which is my old 182) and my Megane both drove faultlessly over the whole weekend. Arriving home, we'd clocked up 1200 miles. The most shocking part was, whenever we both topped our tanks back up the Megane only cost 3-4 quid more to fill every time even though we'd both done the exact same mileage and driving styles. So there's not that much difference in fuel economy.

Gutted I tried to film the triangle atleast four times but my iphone was playing up. Anyway some pics...

11929922415_b2dbbd8faf_z.jpg

DSCF3156 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11930181953_26f7027b40_z.jpg

DSCF3157 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11930746026_d976351f75_z.jpg

DSCF3159 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11929885215_609e02bcc5_z.jpg

DSCF3160 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11930726776_a5802fa3ef_z.jpg

DSCF3163 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

One of the mountain passes we checked out...
11930138353_4714ce2ba1_z.jpg

DSCF3172 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11930707896_499164de03_z.jpg

DSCF3177 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11930122173_126fc07736_z.jpg

DSCF3178 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

In the services on the way home, filthy.
11929842235_1f0428e824_z.jpg

DSCF3182 copy by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Tried to take as many pics as possible but I didn't want to stop driving lol.