ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new ride - Clio 182

Clio 182
After I sold my Accord Type-R I decided to go for something a bit smaller ;)

From today I own a Clio 182

June 2004 Clio 182
34,120 Miles (was 33,610) before I drove it to Midlands all the way from Scotland!

K&N Panel Filter
To be remapped by Jamsport soon

Done just before I bought it:
1. Front part of exhaust repaired
2. Front shock replaced
3. Rear brakes and pads replaced
4. Auxilliary belt and Cambelt replaced

Things needed:
1. Rear exhaust hangers (purchased, to be installed Thursday)
2. Fully synthetic oil (Thursday)
3. Custom mapping (Jamsport)

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00835.gif

DSC00842.jpg

Clio 182
Chose it without cup packs as I wanted as soft a ride as possible as it is a joint purchase with the girlfriend (and I assumed that it would have been less likely to be tracked :) )

I am from close to Warwick.

Clio 182
Aberteen!!!

Bit far but car is very, very clean, inside and out. Not even a scratch and only 4 small chips on the bonnet!

Clio 182
FFS.. Hope u got it cheap lol..

Not too cheap, not too expensive.
Worth the money and the drive in my opinion (actually met almost halfway so it was not too long of a ride, 4 something hours each way)

I had a friend who had an accord Type grampR when I had my 182 I'd say the accord was slightly faster in a straight line but the clio once on some decent springs and had the geometry (sp??) set up etc.. will handle better. (and they look better IMO too :))

Clio 182
By the way when I press or depress the clutch, somewhere in the middle (just before it bites) there is a vibrating feeling.

Is this common or it might be something wrong with the car (clutch or even an engine mount)?

MKIII 138
rstuning remap is the way forward. i belive you can get sent the tuning box in the post of trip down to RR`d in leeds to get it done

cheers

Clio 182
rstuning remap is the way forward. i belive you can get sent the tuning box in the post of trip down to RR`d in leeds to get it done

cheers

So you believe that the Jamsport custom remap (on their rolling road) is inferior? Any proof of this or is it just speculation?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Nice car & welcome to the forum :)
Bring the tailpipes in when you fit the hangers or you could do us all favour & settle the differences in the far east with those things! :p

Clio 182
Someone's nicked your sport badge.

Nice colour :)

Removed that myself, going undercover :)
Might debadge it completely, will see.

Yep, love the colour, best one in my opinion.
Coming from Black (Accord Type-R) I find this much less prone to collect dust!

Removed that myself, going undercover :)
Might debadge it completely, will see.

Yep, love the colour, best one in my opinion.
Coming from Black (Accord Type-R) I find this much less prone to collect dust!
Ahh good idea, the Clio badge leaves holes though :(