ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car..

Rb 182
I used a hair dryer and just ploded away with it, after it was off just used some t-cut, SRP then some wax to seal it all in.

Looks good that tom. I fancy a set of them wheels for the golf

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they look good on the golfs. Not exciting or orginal but look the part..haha

Dynamique
like it mate, it looks like a good one. i picked mine up for £3100 exactly 2 years ago with 72k on the clocks - now on 97k, it's a 99T plate, has needed new F&R bushes, new cat, cambelt change but hasn't let me down on the move. i've got the 1.8na, not the best, but similar to you was all i could manage in terms of insurance/cost/mileage. now i'm 22 and it's £390/year to insure so happy with that.

i did the debadge/sharan badge/dewiper mod (+ a tongue-in-cheek M25 ring sticker) and got VERY lucky with the santa monica wheels - they were on ebay as "VW wheels" at a buy it now of £180 with decent tyres.. guy in wales.. snapped his hand off and picked them up that afternoon! it does need lowering i guess, but cba :clown:

pics

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I had a 1.8 20v on an S plate with over 160k on the clock, loved it to pieces, fuel mpg was shocking so i sold it after 10 months, was proper mint with 1 previous owner. I paid £1300 for it and sold it on ebay for nearly £2500.

P040210_2224_01.gif

Rb 182
I had a 1.8 20v on an S plate with over 160k on the clock, loved it to pieces, fuel mpg was shocking so i sold it after 10 months, was proper mint with 1 previous owner. I paid £1300 for it and sold it on ebay for nearly £2500.

P040210_2224_01.gif

Thats very nice, i'm not overly keen on green cars, but lovely.

Rb 182
Some more dull progress pics from me. There will be some decent updates soon, just gotta start with the basics.

Silvervisions fitted

Photo-0023.jpg

Led sidelights, much better than the yellow tinted standards.

Photo-0028.jpg

Photo-0027.jpg

Also managed to paint and fit my new grill. I much preffer it with the black grill and i think ill paint the lower bumper grills black to match.

Photo-0031.jpg

Exciting stuffs. **yawn**

Clio Sport 172
watch out with the front led's.
Done my mrs polo and about 2 days later the car wouldnt start.
The led's had caused tha canbus to go into a fault

Clio Sport 172
is set all the dash warnings off and the car wouldnt start. Might have just been a loose connection in the bulb. You will probs be fine. was a shocker though

Looks really good, are these 2.0 really that slow/bad to drive?

You can pick them up quite cheap now

Rb 182
Looks really good, are these 2.0 really that slow/bad to drive?

You can pick them up quite cheap now

Its not exciting in anyway, but its nice to drive. Feels alot better screwed together than the Clio anyway. I really wanted a 1.8t but this came up at the right price/time.

As for being fast. NO just NO. :rasp:

Rb 182
Another mega exciting budget breaking mod for me.

Removed the rear wiper.

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

Something decent will happen once i get the basics out of the way.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Promise?

Sharan badge and new handle and then thats the rear crossed off the list at least. Thats how Im looking at mine, concentrate on one bit at a time.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Dave, that grille is horrific mate!

Needs the small rear spoiler like mines had and TT V6 wheels.

3563739309a4420720335b703388545l.jpg

3563739309a4420734505b641225628l.jpg

3563739309a4420734530b90013415l.jpg

That was a mapped 130 derv^

My 20vt:

3563739309a10209964963l.jpg

3563739309a10209929290l.jpg

3563739309a10209880125l.jpg

3563739309a10209859795l.jpg

Shite pics tbh...

Rb 182
Promise?

Sharan badge and new handle and then thats the rear crossed off the list at least. Thats how Im looking at mine, concentrate on one bit at a time.

Your a knob ;)

But yeah ill get the back done and then start on somthing else. :boring:

Rb 182
Dave, that grille is horrific mate!

Needs the small rear spoiler like mines had and TT V6 wheels.

s**te pics tbh...

I prefer the grill black Tbh. It does need a spoiler and some better wheels. I'll get there though.

Cheers for the pics :cool:

Rb 182
Well did a few mods to the golf.

Bought these
DSC00011.jpg

lowered it like this
DSC00012.jpg

painted these and fitted some stickers
DSC00020.jpg

currently looks like this
DSC00022.jpg

CopyofIMG_4935Medium.jpg

I've still one wheel to paint as they are in a bad way so taking me about a week a wheel :(

Thoughts? Needs to go lower though ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks mint mate, transformed the car to be honest.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
was lookin tidy at smcs tbh! i want they stickers! nom ones of the back window! there awesome :D should paint the lower valences too, or what ever there called lol

Rb 182
love the pacman details

Looks mint mate, transformed the car to be honest.

Nice mate! Dubbin' now..

was lookin tidy at smcs tbh! i want they stickers! nom ones of the back window! there awesome :D should paint the lower valences too, or what ever there called lol

Its looking good mate! Great choice of modifications.

Thanks all, i really like it, just wish i'd held out for a turbo. Few more minor mods planned, ill keep everyone updated :)

Rb 182
I've been in the car with Robyn enough to be glad you got the NA Gti ;)

Exactly! I would have only stuck a Dv on it tbh (chav at heart ;))

1.8T's are where its at..

Yup! If i get another it'll have a turbo.

Mudflaps need to come off and you need to colour code the bumpers.

Not bad so far though.

Cheers, although i quite like the mudflaps, i usually dont, keeps it cleaner for a few more days so they will probably stay.

Rb 182
Just to end this thread. It sold this evening. One of the weirest car sales ever. A guy from my street, that knows my mum well, Drove to Johns to view it where we were enjoying some dinner and tv watching. Offer me good cash to take it away there and then. I empted all of my stuff out of it onto the kerb, looked like i'd been kicked out and he drove off. Weird!

Going to pop down tomorrow for the V5 etc. So weird. But anyway. Bye bye Mk4 :)

2 cars sold in 2 days. :)