ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
so this happened at the weekend.

drivers side wiper got stuck at the top of its wipe, then decided the top was the bottom and if you tried using it it went off the side of the screen and down by your window.. awesome when your on the motorway and can see exactly nothing at all!!

Actually the scariest was trying to rejoin the motorway with about 50 yards of hard shoulder to use, broadside on the m60 is a little un nerving. i pood a little!!

wipers_zpsf567f79f.jpg

my view

rt_zpsc7d9b63b.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah yeah those fancy glass sealants are just for gays. Can't remember the last time I had to use my wipers.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ah yeah those fancy glass sealants are just for gays. Can't remember the last time I had to use my wipers.

My exact thoughts.

Laura can be forgiven though as her car's pretty.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
:D

as for build quality, i think its kinds my fault for not clearning the snow and losening the wipers. ooopsie

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Has it not damaged the paint when it's come off the screen? The wiper on my clio went a bit spazzy and used to hit the passenger window. The paint on the a pillar was fucked.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
nah its fine, it didnt get chance to flap about so it didnt do any danage luckly!

yeah need some of that stuff for sure, saying that the whole car exterior is pretty grim atm, 300 miles + last weekend and its a bit of a ming brown shade

Aston Martin Vantage
Ooooo Laura you didn't want that to happen! Mine broke 10 days ago and the wiper mechanism is all built up on a plate which is fitted underneath the windcreen scuttle panel before they fit the engine etc. Luckily you can get the mechanism and plate out, however to do that the intake manifold and brake master cylinder has to be removed to get the room for it to drop down and out of the car. Took one of our Aston trained techs 9 hours work to change mine this weekend.

Whats the dealership said?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I think the arm just needs tightening onto the spindle I need to have a look in the light but it's working again now as I just repositioned it. Ill have a look at the weekend n if I can't sort it myself then the warranty can look after it :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Is G1 that good to not use wipers lol? Must invest.

I'm no detailer, not even a little bit, but Gally applied this to my z4 screen at CSS this year (whilst about 100 people watched as they thought it was a demonstration).

On the way to Tony's place when we left it started pissing down, the minute I was above 55/60 there was no need at all for wipers.

I was driving down the motorway with a load of others on here trying to point at my screen like a madman.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm no detailer, not even a little bit, but Gally applied this to my z4 screen at CSS this year (whilst about 100 people watched as they thought it was a demonstration).

On the way to Tony's place when we left it started pissing down, the minute I was above 55/60 there was no need at all for wipers.

I was driving down the motorway with a load of others on here trying to point at my screen like a madman.

This, G1 is epic for motorway driving.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
fuse was removed on the forecourt.

haha no im good to her she gets a proper bath, ill have her done properly at some point but shes tip top atm

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well last week was a killer, weekend away in wales followed by a Aston Martin factory tour saw over £300 in fuel in one week! ouch!!!

Also did some snow driving... unplanned

I had my CBT booked up in buxton, woke up to a spattering of snow tried to ring the centre to check we were still on, not knowing what the weather would be like there, no answer so i headed up anyway, snow got worse and worse huge snow drifts across the road but i made it, obviously it was canceled so i just rearranged it.

72431_10152140372143484_1979140472_n.jpg