ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new airbox tweek!

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Decided to pull my finger out and modify my espace V6 airbox set-up today. Im not that mechanically minded but im pretty pleased with my handywork!:D

Before: (pics taken last year)

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

After:

20092009151.jpg

Managed to remove the ecu bracket and mount it flat to the lower gear box bracket. Was a bit pikey and fixed it with cable ties!;) (lil mod i knicked off Powey). Saved 1KG in weight by removing the bracket.:D

20092009153.jpg

New position of the airbox ^^^^

How it looks in the bay:

20092009152.jpg

Overall im very happy with the result. Took it for a spin to make sure everything was working ok. Was pulling very well!:evil: Not a bad mod as it only cost me £5 delivered for the 70mm silicone coupler!:D So i will have a 45 degree bend for sale soon.

This weeks new delivery:

20092009155.jpg

20092009158.jpg

Finally my Catcam 428's arrived this week. Got them off Kev_172 for £400. Good timing as kam racing have wacked the price upto £700 including cs discount! Cant wait to get them fitted. Once they're in its off to RS Tuning for a tweak to my map on the dyno! :evil:

TrackCar & F30 330d
MINT, i will be going for the same air box set up. I'l be going from stardard set up to that one so should feel the difference :)

Looks great, did you relocate the battery yourself? Whats involved?

I got Burp to do the battery relocation for me last year. Me and electrics dont mix! lol. Relocating the battery can be done pretty cheaply. Burp gave me his old battery box taken from an old fiesta and he mounted in the wheel well. Cost about a £5 from the scrappy. Add in some cables and fuse bits and pieces, was about £25 in parts. Just labour then.

172 Race Car
Good job mate, yea those ecu brackets are made of lead.

Be interesting to see what difference the cams make, seeing as yours has loads of power as it is

Good job mate, yea those ecu brackets are made of lead.

Be interesting to see what difference the cams make, seeing as yours has loads of power as it is

When its done and mapped will chuck it on powerstations dyno and see what ive gained! Can leave the engine alone once its done!:eek: