ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 172

Well it's coming up to 2 years since my Clio went off the road and even though i now have a good low mileage bottom end it's still going to be at least a more few weeks before it's back together. The full story is in here : http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?375221-Silver-17TWO-Project

A few weeks back i sold my Puma runabout to a friend of the family who desperately needed a new car and i'm getting fed up with walking everywhere again. So at the weekend i bid and won a Ph1 172 which was just two roads over from me (and had caught my eye walking home one day).

It needs a couple of new tyres, has a bad crack in the windscreen and could do with some new discs and pads in the next few weeks. Only mods are Racelogic Traction/Launch Control fitted, 30mm Eibach springs, uprated engine mounts and black wheels.

Here's the pics (Photobucket's ruined the quality)

13b601f8.jpg

9fae5ff5.jpg

3095881b.jpg

408a7f88.jpg

Not got any real plans for it, just tidy up a few bits and pieces.

I must say it's great to be back in something fun to drive again :)

Got 4 new Parada's for it, i know they're not everyone's favourite tyre on here but thought i'd give them a go.

89c8fe6a.jpg

ae939a41.jpg

Not planning on spending too much money on it, so i'll be nicking the Brembo discs off my Ph2 along with one of my new sets of PF97's i have in the garage. Hopefully get them on it at the weekend, next job after that will be to change the manky standard steering wheel (possibly for the OMP one off my ph2).

197 Albi S11AND
Lovely Car thats My friend Tims old car He bought it to take to the ring while as his mk5 golf gti broke down a week before going to the ring in august 2010 he kept it over winter he sold it to a guy he works with which i believe is the guy you bought it from on ebay has it still got a standard exhaust on ? and whats the condition of it?

Mike

Pic below
47287_433612807249_509867249_4987975_4871943_n.jpg

Lovely Car thats My friend Tims old car He bought it to take to the ring while as his mk5 golf gti broke down a week before going to the ring in august 2010 he kept it over winter he sold it to a guy he works with which i believe is the guy you bought it from on ebay has it still got a standard exhaust on ? and whats the condition of it?

Mike

It's recently had a new standard backbox fitted, i'm not sure if it's got a stainless steel centre section though (i'll have a look at the weekend). It's seems quite loud but then again it's probably been about 6 years since i had a 172 with a standard exhaust

It's not too bad overall, needs a new windscreen as it's cracked. The steering wheel's also worn quite badly, it's not in bad condition really for the money. It'll certainly do me while i get my Ph2 finished and back on the road.

Fiesta ST-3
Look's tidy that. Also keen to know how the yoko's go. s**t in the rain I heard. Just got some conti sports for mine.

Little update, the Parada's seem okay (even in the wet). To be honest though i haven't got alot to compare to as i've always put Toyo T1R's on my other Clio. Also i haven't been pushing this car too hard in the wet, i knew my other car (on AST's) so well i pushed it alot more.

Today i changed the pads over to a brand new set of PF97's i had in the garage (don't think there was much life left in the old ones)

878b4dbb.jpg

I also swapped the horrible, worn standard steering wheel over

f6e0ed4d.jpg