ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MY08 Impreza STi

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Didn't know you were considering this alan!!

I prefer them to the old scoob!!! Whats it like performance wise, traded in the 197 for it?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I love the new scoob ive always preferred the old wagons to the saloons because of looking less in your face and im glad the new scoob has gone that way.

Love it :D

Tappd'd RS
Probably not mate - got a pile of housework to do believe it or not :(

You're welcome to pop round during the week if you want?

Cheers

MKIII 138
Will the new scoobys still have the same gorgeous burble that the oldies did?

not the same sound but still nice.

TBH i wouldnt want the same noise as a 2k 1995 old chav scoob with loud exhaust. the new one sounds more sporty in a traditional way with a hint of that classic burble to boot.

even the N/A engine sounds fit compared with your everyday 2.0 16v etc..

Tappd'd RS
It does burble a bit, but nothing like the classics. Maybe the forthcoming Milltek system will sort this?

Subaru seemingly have an exhaust coming out for it too.

MKIII 138
It does burble a bit, but nothing like the classics. Maybe the forthcoming Milltek system will sort this?

Subaru seemingly have an exhaust coming out for it too.

still sounds great though

btw can you reply to my pm please :) cheers m8

Will the new scoobys still have the same gorgeous burble that the oldies did?
I've read the replies etc. I was behind a new one the other week, tbh I couldn't rear a burble at all, it just sounded normal to me (even with opening my window for a listen) I didn't even clock it was a new scoob till I looked at the badge on it.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
nice mate, do you live up the back of the hamiton tech park, i those "posh" houses.

i see one of these parked next to a black 197 in some ons drive never clocked if it was a R27 tho.
have to say it looks nice in the flesh i i wasnt too sure of them before and white is deffo a good call on it.

you still got the ST is thats yours parked next to reception? or someone elses.

Tappd'd RS
Hi Jaff,

Nah, I don't live there, I'm at the other side of Hamilton and the R27 was traded in for the STi. The Blue Focus ST is actually my Dads and you're right - it's parked there this morning.

Cheers.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
ahh nice, i was conna ask how it compares to the rest of the fleet, but they dont really. i suppose you could only compare it with your old evo. have you been scaring any passengers in it yet?

Tappd'd RS
I don't really see the point - anyone could drive past my house and spot it. :)

Planning to replace with a private plate in the next few weeks anyway.

Cheers.

Golf GTI Ed30
Nice motor mate.. Still slightly unsure on them, but so want to see one in the flesh..
As has already been said, think it's crying out for some black/anthracite 18's..
They go well though from what i've read.. Is there a prodrive upgrade for them?

Tappd'd RS
Cheers bud - no prodrive performance pack just yet - should be something out by the end of the year.

1.2 MK2 PH2
Lovley mate! I even like the lexus lights ;)

My only gripe with them is that the wheels look a bit small imo, it could do with a inch or 2 more imo!