ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my MK3 Golf GTI anni

MK3 GTI golf 16v
havent been on here for a while been a little busy, anyway bought a new little run around / project i thought you might want to see!

its a lovely little car, very nice to drive. currently has a vento front end fitted, and sat on lowered springs. current plans are just to get it running perfectly and a major service (always do when buying a new car) then refurb the BBS

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1388-1.jpg

IMG_1351-1.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

GTD, Lupo
I had one of these about 6 years ago in red. Loved it to bits.

PA200001.jpg

Im on the look out for a new one now in red as a little project on the side. Had my wheels done in a black chrome finished but be warned the lacquer will will peel on the list really easily.

PA200002.jpg

Keep it updated.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
that looks really nice mate! love the red ones when the paints still good on them

only thing letting mine down is the alloys at the moment, need some TLC

GTD, Lupo
that looks really nice mate! love the red ones when the paints still good on them

only thing letting mine down is the alloys at the moment, need some TLC

Yeah the wheels were a real weak spot for the anniversary. The BBS RXIIs are nice and easy to split as the lip is part of the barrel. Think i paid around £300 for a full refurb with getting the lips diamond cut but this can only be done a few times. How is your drivers seat bolster, mines was pretty poor when it was on 66k.

Mine stayed pretty standard apart from coilovers, cl boot lid (no spoiler), jetex exhaust and a lot of different front and rear lights. They are really nice cars and very cheap to run. Very slow but look so much nicer with a drop and a good clean. No need to go fast when they look nice.

Not a massive fan of the Vento front end, you think it will stay?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
thats not too bad a price, hopefully gonna prep myself etc try and keep costs down. idea behind the car was to save money instead of my ph1 :)

drivers bulster is fine apart from a very small rip which ill sew back up but apart from that its not really warn to be honest, yeah they do look real nice cleaned up. aint got much huge plans for it just get it sat nice really and save some money for the next car so i can chuck some proper money at it.

i do and dont like the vento front, i cant make my mind up. i got the standard bonnet, lights and grill with the car though so i can swap between for a bit of change ;)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
cheers mate it is pretty tidy.

just ordered a piper exhaust so updates of that next week!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Cant see a massive difference in the front end so its fine by me.

Cracking looking car if you ask me.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
that 16V looks lovely mate, and the one on borbet A's is lovely! how much they set you back mate?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah i bet they werent cheap, look good though!

cheers james, yeah unfortunately there not all nice :(

exhaust should be on the way for next week, debating wether to leave the seats alone or get some skoda octavia VRS black and white leather seats :/ opinions?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
havent updated this for a while! since last time ive fitted FK coilovers and dropped it on its ass, fitted a piper backbox and decated it.

also had to weld some new sills on for the MOT, pics to follow when i get round to it!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Update for anyone that's interested. My black anniversary died last year, gearbox destroyed itself whilst I was 300 miles from home, so sold it in bits.

Couple of cars in between, couldn't find anything I liked. Was gonna get another clio when this popped up :

20140502_183758_zpssvpftcxh.jpg

Completely standard mk3 16v, 70k miles on the clock with full 20 year service history, all receipts etc. Just had cambelt done when I picked up. But most importantly no rust on it anywhere that I could find and I gave it a dam good look over. Had it 6 months now and can't find anything

So first things first I ordered coil overs. Then got hold of some anni bbs split rims. Refurbished them myself in the garage and they came up lovely, did have better photos but can't fin them
20140704_154139_zpsxppbemin.jpg

20140712_163648_zpsskr0bbav.jpg

Then I got cat back stainless system on it and last week I fitted a decat and bilstein top mounts so it's coming along nicely, sounds lovely

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Thanks guys, it really is a lovely car pictures don't do it justice

No more plans looks wise for it, next thing on the list is a custom chip and lightened flywheel. Then a good long think about what to do after that engine wise, if anything

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Best colour ever - Dragon Green - just wow. ... had one of those 10 years ago and miss it massively.

apart from the wheel colour this is lovely.
20140712_163648_zpsskr0bbav.jpg

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Cheers buddy, yeah couldn't make my mind up on the wheels so went with white, they look really good when they are clean but they are a nightmare to keep clean, wish I went gun metal
dragon green is a lovely colour, looks so nice in the sun

MK3 GTI golf 16v
ok, the bbs are turning into a nightmare to keep clean and they also chip insanely easily which is very annoying because im OCD about having a clean looking car
so im thinking of selling them and getting a set of these, however in 16s not 17s but the picture gives the idea (not my photo or car) what do people recon?

golf_910_zps47141923.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Think I prefer the BBS wheels. Are those 5 spoke ones from an early Audi A3?
Your car looks in stunning condition - almost new . Hardly see any mk3's on the road these days. Like you say, in the sun when its nice and clean there is no other colour that comes close to dragon green.