ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Misses Diesel

1.5 dci Expression
Evening people! I'm a newbie so hello to everyone!;) This may sound obvious to someone on here but I may be missing the obvious!!!!
Last week the alternator pulley decided to destroy itself on the misses 1.5dci and then shred the belt as well. I've heard that this can take out the cambelt too so i think i can regard myself as rather fortunate!! Anyway, I replaced the alternator and belt, bit of a pain but there you go, bumper off, front panel loosened off, air con pipe removed engine mount off etc. etc. (you've been there) All finished. I started the car up and away it went, first pot over the top! Then i made the mistake of turning it off. Now it starts when it feels like it, usually about the sixth turn. Runs great when it is running but i dont want to start throwing stuff at it for no reason!! Have i done something stupid and missing the obvious or is this a normal occurence? :S

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
depends if there was something behind the covers of the belt and has know been sucked in with the cambelt they dont snap just slip or break woodruf keys