ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mini cooper s

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
After the clio lost compression on the bottom end I decided I'd had enough of older cars that just seem to enjoy breaking and got myself a Mini Cooper S

Heres a few pics of the old car for those who remember me:

005-1.jpg

Picture690.jpg

Always fancied one, knew it wouldnt be the fastest thing in the world as standard, but it was much more than the speed that attracted me to it, only gripe is the image you're given straight away as either a puff, hairdresser, beautician....the list goes on

Car is a standard 2004 spec Mini Cooper S with chilli pack

003-17.jpg

004-16.jpg

006-13.jpg

Initial Plans list is quite large but dont want the full thing up as I'm not 100% on some things
So far I've done:
Dave. F Hybrid Intake
Ngk Plugs from 1320
Eibach pro springs
Aero Grills
Black Scoop
Started De-chroming
Washed it....A Lot

Future Plans:
More power, initial aim is for around 210-215whp by next year (2011)
Coilovers, Control arms, braces, ARB's and polybushes
JCW Brakes with some sort of decent disc/pad combo
New wheels within the next month or so with some good tyres
Corbeau Pro Series Carbon kevlar seats
For the time bein thats about it
Heres some pics of the progress anyway, I will be detailing it so those clean freaks can keep calm :)

Dave. f fitted
001-18.jpg

Plugs ready to be fitted
001-21.jpg

Lowered, scoop painted and aero grills
005-20.gif

008-17.jpg

003-22.gif

002-22.gif

Colour coded headlights
010-14.jpg

Window chrome painted black aswell as side repeater surrounds and petrol cap
008-19.jpg

007-20.jpg

005-22.jpg

004-23.jpg

I will soon be getting the door handles done professionally as they're more of a ware and tear item, all of the rest of the details Ive painted myself

Heres a couple of pics of some tardis (tar and glue remover) doing its job

002-24.jpg

001-24.jpg

A couple of cheeky reflections for the detailing boys and girls
006-17.jpg

008-16.jpg

Cheers for looking

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Lovely car, best colour too!

Get a milltek exhaust and jan-speed de-cat on it, sounds epic

Oh and a alta air intake system, makes the supercharger sound fantastic

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Almost identical to mine, it looks very nice mate.

Although I am probably the only person who actually likes the standard chrome lol

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Faster then certain 182 I hear! :}
Lmfao yes thats right lee,

kev I do remember my change into 5th gear and giving you a cheeky wave as the mini pulled a car length from the bean mwahaha, which even suprised me

Thanks Addz, its booked in at a local exhaust firm (AAS) to have a custom cat back fitted, will be getting the janspeed manifold with tomcat when I get cam, injectors and remap

Ive also got the dave.f hybrid intake which is now proving its worth and said to be the best on the market, the supercharger noise is epic, leeroy knows ;-)

Titanium 182
It makes some noise, just like its owner lol.

Interior is well built, even the door handles stayed attached when I was hanging on for dear life!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks great, I considered one but couldn't find one on low milage for the money that I wanted to spend.

Looks great without the chrome, if i owned one it would look similar to this :D

Twingo RS Cup
I cant see the pics till im home but iv been looking at these! Seems some pretty decent mods already too dude. S/c whine addictive?

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Supercharger whine on these is epic - was the best thing about the one I had. Get a supercharger pulley change on there - you won't believe the difference. Mine was a standard 52 plate one and went to a 17% reduction pulley - came out the garage, put foot down and was gob smacked at the difference. You get a much stronger mid range - no need to rev it as hard, but it will still rev anyway. Never got as far as the intercooler as wanted a convertible/rear wheel drive/9300rpm of vtec to play with.

Last edited:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Haha i've got some more vids somewhere, i'll try and dig them out.
Nahh wasn't really on the mini forums when i had mine

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Pmsl love that cheeky little video Mate didn't realise that was you, are you over on mini torque?

KeV: the replacement still got a Honda badge on it? Should be aweseome if you do ;-)

Na mate turns out 2 of my mates are getting s2000's so when I've sorted a job the next 1 will have a tommi makinen badge on it ; ).

Love these, considered one but still too expensive when I got my Clio.

Don't like chrome on cars - it's 2010 not 1950, so like the change.

Really not sure about the grill, or the rear spoiler.

This is one of the few cars that I think looks better with aftermarket tail lights, especially against that colour of paintwork - those 'silver' coloured lights that you can get (if you know which ones I mean) look so much better than standard (imo.)

Last edited:

A.J

F360 BCGT 182
I wouldn't mind one of these for a run about, I just need to find someone who wants to swap one for my RB182 :cool:

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I think you're doing a great job de-chroming it mate. Definitely the right thing to do. Had a look at one not long ago, and the chrome just made it look truly awful. KUTGW.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of some wet sanding I did on the mini at the weekend
I've had some pretty bad RDS on the mini for some time, I had a go at correcting the roof previously but only managing 80% correction
This time It had to be better, after the unsatisfaction from last times attempts (4 passes) I thought it best to whip out the 2000 and 4000 grades out :thumbup:
Couple of pics before wet sanding (had done 2 passes with rotary before hand
011-9.jpg

010-15.jpg

Starting the wet sanding by hand
2000 grade
013-7.jpg

4000 Grade to refine
014-6.jpg

016-2.jpg

I wasnt happy with the outcome of using wet sanding by hand, so whipped the pad onto the Dual action and wet sanded by machine
017-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

019-2.jpg

I removed the tape to bring the paint back to life and blend it to the rest of the roof
022-2.jpg

025-1.jpg

There is the slight indentation of the deep scratch I was trying to remove but its gona way through the lacquer, it has taken the face off it though and the colour now looks black again with no nasty silver scratches :thumbup:

Turbos.
Nice work! Like the de-chrome. Would question going ahead with all the engine/interior mods when you could just get a JCW though.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've also been buying some new wheels, some may like, some may hate (Chrisopher...fakes??? :p), they wont be staying this colour although they aint bad for now

027-1.gif

028-1.gif

030-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

The failure of wheelgap
029-1.jpg