ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MCS

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol that doesnt prove anything. I could recreate that picture. Anyway its under warrenty so no it wouldnt be expensive. Oh and try and google search for R53 S mpg's and see what everyone else seems to get.

I honestly don't know a single person with a SC MCS who can get anywhere near that MPG.

exactly.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
It depends A LOT on the type on driving you do...

I used to average 28mpg in my M3. When I had a MCS for a week it averaged 37mpg. Doing the same run I get 43mpg out of the other halfs 172. (500 miles a week, mix of town, B roads, A roads and some motorway work)

If you spend your life in town you will get dire mpg from MCS's.

lol okay, you don't like what your being told i understand. But why would I make it up?

I was only adding that its easy to get a good MPG from a r53 mcs if you drive without a lead foot!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Some of the stuff spouted on Mini torque is a joke, one kid states he never see's above 20mpg from his! It seems to be cool over there to have a poor mpg, as it shows you are being hard and driving like a rally driver everywhere.

Clio RS 182
I traded in my MCS for the Clio 182 and miss it so much. I had to sell it and become all sensible as I'm trying to get a mortgage at the moment, I had spend ££££'s modifying it. It just became too much for what I needed when I changed jobs, I wasliterally driving to the station and back. I wont have a car at all soon as I'll have no need for one!

By the way-how the hell did you get that MPG! Best I could get was 30 which was a mix of motorway driving and B roads.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
^
There you go, and another one.

To be honest i dont care. My mrs drives like a granny. I've tried driving it like a granny. Its s**t on fuel. I'm out.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Easy to get 40mpg out the R53 tbh. Just fit cams, smaller pulley, intercooler, new injectors, etc, then map it & the trip computer doesnt work properly any more.

In reality, the standard one i borrowed struggled to get 30 on my commute. Which is poor.

Mostly A-Roads and motorway, but went into town a few times. When pushing it the MPG is bad! but when driving carefully (changing before 2-2.5k below 6th, and sticking at about 75 on motorway) its as above.

Fair enough if that's what you're getting, I have just never heard of/know of anyone who can get close to that figure. Count yourself lucky! ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I really really miss my R53 MCS, great fun and sounds nuts with a Dave.F hybrid intake on. Mine ran on eibach sportlines and it was great, not a crashy ride at all so don't listen to the coilover club that tell you they're terrible. It also added a bit of well needed camber on the rear, great fun for hanging the tail end out.

Reason I sold mine - MPG. I was doing 60-75 miles a day and putting in £20 a days worth of vpower. The biggest problem the R53 has is when you're sitting in traffic, it just chews through the juice, however last year going to FCS I managed 43mpg sat at 70Mph with one or two blasts into 3 figures.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
I really really miss my R53 MCS, great fun and sounds nuts with a Dave.F hybrid intake on. Mine ran on eibach sportlines and it was great, not a crashy ride at all so don't listen to the coilover club that tell you they're terrible.

Bullshit the eibachs are rediculosly crashy totally ruined the ride in my dads car, felt every small divet and pothole, kw v1's transformed it... Infinitely better all round

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody who says they can consistantly average over 30 mpg with mixed driving in a R53 is a barefaced liar.

With mostly town driving and the occasional motorway cruise the highest I ever saw was 25 mpg. Which was one the reasons I sold it. The performance to economy ratio on an R53 is pretty poor. My 182 is a quicker and MUCH better on fuel. Doing the same driving I've yet to see the 182 below 38 mpg.

I do miss the interior on it though.

And the fact that my 182 on K-tec coilovers is comfier than the Mini was says alot about the comfort of them. Even without the run-flats.

That was the worlds most boring home-made car video.
It wasn't meant to be interesting, it was simply sound. Would you assume that noise would accompany a girly car. Maybe I have a love for girly cars having owned both clios and a Mini :rasp:

Try this one, still not mega interesting tbf....

[video=vimeo;19829603]http://vimeo.com/19829603[/video]

Monaco 172
It wasn't meant to be interesting, it was simply sound. Would you assume that noise would accompany a girly car. Maybe I have a love for girly cars having owned both clios and a Mini :rasp:

Try this one, still not mega interesting tbf....

[video=vimeo;19829603]http://vimeo.com/19829603[/video]

Makes me think of that spead kills thread with the vid lol. goes well. never liked cooper s's tbh but i love the sound of that.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
different engines have different trates, what one engine does doesnt mean another will do. one person could carry passengers often or fill there boot, time of last service etc all count toward mpg.ive seen standard cooper s be slow as s**t and fast as f**k. my mates checkmate used to out gun type r's which id never of thought was possible.

I love the supercharged whine but I don't think I could live with the MPG. GF just got an R56 and it is really good on fuel and suits her style of driving down to the ground (small turbo = power pretty much everywhere across the revs)...

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I love the supercharged whine but I don't think I could live with the MPG. GF just got an R56 and it is really good on fuel and suits her style of driving down to the ground (small turbo = power pretty much everywhere across the revs)...
The standard R56s really die out top end imho.

We had one: terrible MPG fact.

Round town it was 23-24 mpg on the m-way at 65 it could push 38-39 mpg

ThatS why it went, £10 used to get us about 40 miles in town.

Pants really (considering my 182's were abit quicker and were alot better on the fuel)

Ride was shocking though TBH

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Here we go... my old R53 with 17% pulley, GP I/C & full quicksilver exhaust...

25341_379980703086_515073086_3972313_4196887_n.jpg

Slipstreaming a lorry doing 50mph

182FF
Flol....my R53 has shyyte mpg i can afford it so who cares :) when im looking at a small fast hatch mpg doesnt even come into it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Are people really basing a cars MPG on what it does in town?

Oh.