ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My little 1.2 mk3 clio imusic

Clio mk3
Fitted a hid kit today and have silver visions for the front and back,and new xenon sidelights and fog lights.
e8upubab.jpg

I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
I want to put HIDs in mine so much but I've heard that they're not letting cars through MOT here with anything other than OEM sets at the moment :(

Clio mk3
I want to put HIDs in mine so much but I've heard that they're not letting cars through MOT here with anything other than OEM sets at the moment :(

They're easy enough to change over so when I got my mot in May I'll probably change them back over just incase

I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
Ah right fair enough. You're not worried about the lack of self levelling or cops either obviously? I dunno, it's an area that has got people into trouble here before and I'd be skeptical about doing it unless I was giving it to Reno for a full factory retrofit at £££ cost.

Clio mk3
Ah right fair enough. You're not worried about the lack of self levelling or cops either obviously? I dunno, it's an area that has got people into trouble here before and I'd be skeptical about doing it unless I was giving it to Reno for a full factory retrofit at £££ cost.

I drove head on past a police car earlier and he didn't seem to pay much interest. I am a bit worried but there's a few people round by me with them and I've never heard if them being pulled. Ah right that's fair enough! Mine are 10000k so they're a bit bright wish I got 8000k now haha

Renault clio 2011 fa
i have a mk3 clio 2011 facelift model does anyone know any good sites or thread for alloys and lowering springs ?
much appreciated
also how do you start your own thread?
thanks

Clio mk3
Got home to a few parcels,new sidelights,silver visions,and xenon fog light bulbs. Fitted the silver visions to the front because it was simple enough. Will fit the rest tomorrow depending on how much free time I have. Love the look of the silver visions
a3y2yzus.jpg

uby5u6es.jpg

Clio mk3
No updates,been saving for my holiday. Hoping to get some new wheels and maybe some coilovers after I get back and saved a little. Here's a little picture of how she's looking after a clean!

7uzuhygu.jpg

ure4ujy8.jpg

asasa2us.jpg

sehurure.jpg

Clio mk3
Looking good! very similar to my 1.4, got 35mm springs coming this week too :D

Sounds good pal,looking to save up for coilovers and some new wheels. Buying things has been on hold because I'm off on a boys holiday tomorrow. So when I get back some saving will be happening!
Got a project thread up?

Clio 197 Ultra Red
Sounds good pal,looking to save up for coilovers and some new wheels. Buying things has been on hold because I'm off on a boys holiday tomorrow. So when I get back some saving will be happening!
Got a project thread up?

I would love coilovers but I just cant afford them right now, springs should look good though. Haven't got one up yet but I will do soon... when I get round to writing it up really :) Enjoy your holiday mate!

Clio mk3
I would love coilovers but I just cant afford them right now, springs should look good though. Haven't got one up yet but I will do soon... when I get round to writing it up really :) Enjoy your holiday mate!

I'm looking to get second hand ones tbh mate,will take a look at your project thread when it's up! Cheers mate!

Clio mk3
Small update,spacers!
Ignore the dirty car,been on holiday and started work haven't had the time to clean it!

y6edeja6.jpg

Before
7ypaba2a.jpg

After
e9u5e9ar.jpg

Clio mk3
Have the car a proper clean as it hasn't been cleaned for 2 weeks and was covered in dust. I did the following : rinse,foam,rinse,hand wash,rinse,foamed again and let it drip off,,hand wash again ,dried,clayed then polished. Car looks the cleanest it's been in a while! Clayed the car today for the first time. Found it pretty simple and went for the autoglym clay detailing kit from halfords for £26. Here's what the clay looked like after doing the drivers side
arydynan.jpg

Will get some pictures of it tomorrow,but it'll probably be full of dust again!

Here's a little comparison picture of the wheels with the spacers! Looks like I have slight camber

e8y5are8.jpg

azumujyh.jpg

Clio mk3
Also looking at getting the door trims and the part either side of the numberplate on the front colour coded,anyone have an idea how much it is? Or is it worth doing myself?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Also looking at getting the door trims and the part either side of the numberplate on the front colour coded,anyone have an idea how much it is? Or is it worth doing myself?

Do it yourself, I'm doing mine now and it's all going quite well, all smoothed and primered and im very pleased! Alot of effort but looks good in my opinion :)

Clio mk3
Do it yourself, I'm doing mine now and it's all going quite well, all smoothed and primered and im very pleased! Alot of effort but looks good in my opinion :)

I'm busy with working full time don't finish till 5:( might see if I can squeeze it in though if getting it done in a spray shop is too expensive

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I'm busy with working full time don't finish till 5:( might see if I can squeeze it in though if getting it done in a spray shop is too expensive

Ah see im on a gap between the end of sixth form and beginning of work on the 30th, so keep finding myself in the kitchen not dressed or showered eating cornflakes while sanding trim over the sink at half 11 ;) still it doesn't take too long, just drying times that takes ages! :(

Clio mk3
Ah see im on a gap between the end of sixth form and beginning of work on the 30th, so keep finding myself in the kitchen not dressed or showered eating cornflakes while sanding trim over the sink at half 11 ;) still it doesn't take too long, just drying times that takes ages! :(

Haha sounds like the life,I've only just started work as I've finished college but unfortunately work is only temporary

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Hids,but I don't have them I took them off after two days because I didn't have projectors,now I have Ice blue xenons

Ah like the blue tinted bulbs? How do you find them? I've got projectors so ordered a HID kit, then just some £6 a pair "xenon white" bulbs which are just tinted blue bulbs, not sure how else they're different really! They're just for the cornering lights though :)

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Did you notice any loss in power with the induction kit on the 1.2? and is the sound good?

Clio mk3
Did you notice any loss in power with the induction kit on the 1.2? and is the sound good?
No there wasn't any loss in power just the throttle response wasn't as good,yea it's sounds really nice. Always get compliments about the sound of my car

Nice looking car, did you get round at looking for a GT exhaust? and have you looked at getting different headlight units with projector's inside, maybe go for a little trip down to the scrappies. Did you get a cone filter or a pannel? I read through a few pages then skipped to the end :D

Clio mk3
Nice looking car, did you get round at looking for a GT exhaust? and have you looked at getting different headlight units with projector's inside, maybe go for a little trip down to the scrappies. Did you get a cone filter or a pannel? I read through a few pages then skipped to the end :D

Cheers mate,Nope didn't get the exhaust or headlights. Went with a k&n come air filter. I've bought new wheels too they're being refurbished and will be picking them up tomorrow. Pretty exited haha. That's the last mod tho but may be colour coding it to tidy it up then getting a new car in April time:)

Clio Mk3 1.6
hey glad to see ur still around, what kind of alloys did you go for? also what are your thoughts on the k&n cone filter? :)

Stick with the panel for performance, cone for sound. What are you thinking of getting? sticking with the Clio's :D got any pics of the new wheels? what colour are you getting them?

Clio mk3
So new alloys have been refurbed. Unfortunately I don't have any good pictures because of having a new phone. But these are the ones off my Instagram. Also had to put standard wing mirror caps back on because someone decided to completely trash my wing mirror. Second one now after a car clipped it a few months ago. Luckily I didn't throw the old one out that had a crack in it,so put that back on. Anyway here's some photos.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414448532.271743.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414448544.706755.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414448563.426225.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414448584.603012.jpg

Will update with better pictures after a good clean on the weekend if the weather is tidy

Love the new colour, what a CXNT i would be pissed if someone knocked off my wing mirror like that. was any of your car damaged?
Are the new alloys rs200 ones?