ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My latest weight saving mod...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Only seems like a small amount, but the change in charcter of the car is HUGE :approve:

Louder, coarser, more fidgety, tyre whine, exhaust drone, and quicker (obviously) - goodbye to 8.8 kgs of waste...

IMAGE_031.jpg

100_3277.jpg

Also, a big thumbs up to Dave at Rentech for his handywork with a few cable ties :D

100_3287.jpg

For the record I chucked a 16" Turini on the scales too, and with a worn-to-the-indicator 205/45/16 fitted it weighed 17kgs dead.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Liking the ghetto doors Mark :cool:

Get the electric windows out and swap them for winders ;)

Weeman sucks ****
Nice mark, but mind your elbows on that sharp metal and where will you put your pound for the dartford crossing??

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
have you stripped out the back already, must be a fair abount of weight in the rear plastics.
so whats next persepx rear windows? no roof liner, no passenger seat?

Humm i wonder what the weight diference would be between a regulat clio and a clio van.

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Lightweight..you've left the yellow door panel clips &
the sticker on the window , also would have thought
removing the scales would've been
the obvious thing to remove ........such a :clown:

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
quality but could go further still! all in the quest for a quicker lap time eh!!! still like the fact that its rapid and runing next to standard! good man!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Nice work Mark, as if it wasn't all ready rapid! When's the next trackday?

Exige S1 + Honda S1
did you ever find out how much it really weighed? thought you were doing the process again to find it properly?

clio 200 F4Rt
i stripped mine out this week, as its gone in for cage fitment.

amazing how much all that interior weighs.

car felt alot more lively without it all!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Nice work I think a huge saving in unsprung weight would really be a worthwhile modification, I weighed a 15'' superleggera with 195/50 tyre at 12.7kg....

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
Nice work I think a huge saving in unsprung weight would really be a worthwhile modification, I weighed a 15'' superleggera with 195/50 tyre at 12.7kg....

Cant believe how heavy tyres are considering that wheel weighs about 5kgs

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They're heavier apparently. I'm sure Rentech Mike said they were.

Really? thats surprising. wot about swapping to maual mirrors.......

I talked to Dave about that when I picked it up...that'll be something for the new year. Seats next though, that's where the next biggest gain will come from.

did you ever find out how much it really weighed? thought you were doing the process again to find it properly?

Almost did, but reading more about it, and the scales used by race teams, I really was wasting my time so gave up :eek:

That's why I'm on 15s permanently now :approve:

Breaking A 172 Replica
Mark, out of interest, how do you think the car handles and feels now it's on 15s compared to when it was on 16s?

Sam

Motorbikes
I stripped out the back of my old CLio for a laugh and it elt much nippier.

Good work, just looks a bit messy with the cables etc showing.

172 Race Car
Really? thats surprising. wot about swapping to maual mirrors.......

I talked to Dave about that when I picked it up...that'll be something for the new year. Seats next though, that's where the next biggest gain will come from.

What u getting? are u keeping the belts or going for harness?

Im interested coz im selling up and getting a ph1 to strip and play with in the new year

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
what 15's did you get in the end mate?

I've got a set of TSW 6-spoke something for track, and got some Ph-Q F1s now. Need one more set then I'll have slicks, intermediates, and wets to play with.

Mark, out of interest, how do you think the car handles and feels now it's on 15s compared to when it was on 16s?

Sam

I can honestly say that on road or track I can't really tell the difference. I suppose I could say it feels slightly 'softer' at turn-in from the higher sidewalls - but I think that's all in my mind as the intermediates I run have stiffer sidewalls to compensate.

lol! You still drive like a granny!

You had you chance :rasp:

I stripped out the back of my old CLio for a laugh and it elt much nippier.

Good work, just looks a bit messy with the cables etc showing.

You've not seen my car then - grime, filth, stone chips, swirl marks, bright yellow badly chipped wheels - looks are last on my list LOL

What u getting? are u keeping the belts or going for harness?

Im interested coz im selling up and getting a ph1 to strip and play with in the new year

Don't know yet. Can't decide if I should go for something cheap to start and learn what works/what doesn't, or just go the whole hog and get a 4kg carbon-fibre effort. Undecided on harnesses too - got lots of Christmas reading/research to do.

RS RIP
:eek: taking things further, good going !!

loosing my backseats also made immediate difference to my car.. And that was only 20-something kg.

It might not be a world of time on a lap, but it's the kick in the back that's a lot more noticable ! Ca'nt wait to change the frontseats for buckets !

Monblue bombay badboy!
Would be nice to see at Haynes track day Mark i take it you have recieved my pm`s any reason for no responce?:dapprove: