ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My ITB'd 172 cup fast road/ track car project

Trafic 140dci
shame if it goes! But would be a worth while upgrade!

if it does go, first dibs on the engine mounts!
to be honest, its alot of if's at the moment, but if i do get the R26 ill SORN my clio untill the summer and make it mint before selling it as its a bit rough at the moment

we'll see what happens :)

Trafic 140dci
Yes still need them r26 didn't happen sadly, someone else beat me to it, massive update coming soon hav the following already/ on order:

Cobra Monaco s seats an TRS harness'
Bilstein b14 coilovers
Omp front and rear strut braces
Small rad for slam panel removal
Mocal oil cooler
Solid engine mounts
Another rear bumper as mine is recessed

Just been mega busy moving house and working away will try and get as much done as possible for the rolling road day in a few weeks :)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
You will love having buckets mate makes so much difference,put mine in the other day and its like driving a different car best handling upgrade I have made.

Trafic 140dci
You will love having buckets mate makes so much difference,put mine in the other day and its like driving a different car best handling upgrade I have made.
Yeah can't wait to get them in, cup seats aren't the best anyway lol, never driven a car with fixed buckets and harness before, got so many bits now I need to fit just no time as been working away alot

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Buckets and harnesses are mint - right up to the point when your strapped in and can't reach the door to close it because you forgot, or you want to adjust the heater! Lol! Trust me, it happens!

They do hold you in place so much better though. I do the 10hr drive to the Nurburgring in mine as well. Nice and comfy!

Trafic 140dci
Little bit of an update, got all my parts :)

Only had time to fit my seats this weekend, rear strut brace (done it even tho it's standard suspension as its only 2 bolts lol), and fitted my new rear bumper, well it's second hand and needs a repray, but isnt recessed so I'm happy. Haven't got time to get the other stuff in as been working away and moving house.

Love the seats, couldn't believe the weight of the standard seats compared to there, pulled some more carpet, insulation and other bits out whilst there was no seats in.

Hopefully should get my engine mounts fitted next weekend.

Sorry for lack of pictures but have no Internet just yet as moved house last week.

See you all at FMS for the rolling road day :)

Trafic 140dci
FINALLY AN UPDATE WITH PICTURES :)

Last week had the rolling road meet at FMS in which my car decided to die the day before, sputtering and smoking bad, and only made 184bhp, when it should of been up on that by at least 10bhp.

this weekend i set about trying to fix the problem, so first thing i done, was a service. (well overdue tbh.)

this consisted of (oil, plugs, oil filter, New Magnecore 8.5mm red leads) cleaned my throttle bodies (a little bit of oil residue built up in them) and fitted a Mocal oil cooler. and a Genuine Jenvey throttle cable that doesn't use a bleedless nipple, i was also going to fit a small rad and fan, but i'm missing a bung, so maybe next week :)

so anyway, here the picture of everything when i started:

6340352040_5f06abc900_b.jpg

My car before:

6339607325_50b8acc5ed_b.jpg

Slam panel removed, air filter removed to clean ITB's and for access to oil filter:

6340359440_979d08f8b7_b.jpg

Dirty trumpets:

6340362960_a1bb69c0b3_b.jpg

at this point i then couldn't get my oil filter off... i thought it would just unscrew, so had to call upon a good mate Matt (D4vy) to help me out and get some filter plier's from screw fix lol, betime Matt got there it was then rush to put it back together before it got dark lol.

when i drained the oil out, it was very black, glad i changed it, looked like it needed doing a long time ago.

car started first time, run's better than ever now, and here's the pictures from the next day :) you'll also notice solid engine mount, ecu has been stuck back on properly my new cobra seats and rear strut brace which is very handy for the tyre foam :)

6340364910_6d24f94753_b.jpg

6339622383_d2fbaaac02_b.jpg

6339618111_563bf17e3d_b.jpg

6340377342_a028e431a9_b.jpg

6340378844_d5816e7477_b.jpg

6339627003_d8a78da818_b.jpg

if the weather holds off next weekend should be fitting my Bilstein B14's and Rad if i can get the bung i need.

Looking good mate but you REALLY need to ditch those short trumpets and put some 90mm ones on - will be restricting power loads
Also the trumpet isn't lined up with the throttle body on your photo

I've just fitted the polo rad - gives LOADS more room I'm dead pleased with it. I'll update my progress blog later with some pics :D

Interesting about the jenvey throttle cable not needing a solderless nipple - how does it connect to the clio throttle pedal?

Trafic 140dci
Looking good mate but you REALLY need to ditch those short trumpets and put some 90mm ones on - will be restricting power loads
Also the trumpet isn't lined up with the throttle body on your photo

I've just fitted the polo rad - gives LOADS more room I'm dead pleased with it. I'll update my progress blog later with some pics :D

Interesting about the jenvey throttle cable not needing a solderless nipple - how does it connect to the clio throttle pedal?

these came with my itb's but at the time of getting them fitted, funds didnt allow for that. will be going for 90mm trumpets and an air filter with a solid back plate at some point (waiting untill i get it cammed so i can get it all mapped afterwards)

was hoping to get mine on, got to try and find a bung for it now, will have a look at your thread when you do, have had a few looks.

the jenvey throttle cable has a nippled fixed on the end of the throttle body and fix's to the throttle peddle with a 'cheese block' electrical connector, sounds bodged but you then have 4 screws holding the cable so much more secure. Danny @ 519 is your man for this cable :)

Focus
Looking deeply sexual! :rasp:

The way that kicks you back when you floor it, shocks me every time lol, it still running OK?

Trafic 140dci
Looking deeply sexual! :rasp:

The way that kicks you back when you floor it, shocks me every time lol, it still running OK?
thanks mate, you completed saved the day getting me them plier's, i owe you for that :)

still running spot on, done probably 20 miles today, not a single problem :D

Focus
thanks mate, you completed saved the day getting me them plier's, i owe you for that :)

still running spot on, done probably 20 miles today, not a single problem :D

So glad it's sorted! It f**king flew mate lol

Bring on 9th Dec (if you can make it!) :p

these came with my itb's but at the time of getting them fitted, funds didnt allow for that. will be going for 90mm trumpets and an air filter with a solid back plate at some point (waiting untill i get it cammed so i can get it all mapped afterwards)

was hoping to get mine on, got to try and find a bung for it now, will have a look at your thread when you do, have had a few looks.

the jenvey throttle cable has a nippled fixed on the end of the throttle body and fix's to the throttle peddle with a 'cheese block' electrical connector, sounds bodged but you then have 4 screws holding the cable so much more secure. Danny @ 519 is your man for this cable :)[/QUOTE

Ahh ok I see - makes sense

I had the bung missing for mine too - did a google search for the local radiator repair place - they had one in stock for £2
Plastic screw - it's an M22x1.5 if that helps :)

Trafic 140dci
Ahh ok I see - makes sense

I had the bung missing for mine too - did a google search for the local radiator repair place - they had one in stock for £2
Plastic screw - it's an M22x1.5 if that helps :)
been trying to find one online with no luck :/ as working away next week, fingers crossed i can get one saturday morning :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'm not keen on the plastic bungs, I've had one go brittle and break up. I prefer to stick an old sensor in

You can get the radiator sensors/switches from GSF mate - they're only about £8 - just ask for one for a 1995 Polo 1.4
They're pretty much all m22 x 1.5

I just didn't fancy having an unused connector stuck out the back of the rad lol - OCD fail

Trafic 140dci
I had a plastic one break on my rad outside the pub one night, it was seriously s**t.
Great lol as I've just gone with the plastic bung off DannyR as working away so he can post it to me ready for weekend :)

Never mind I'll just have to keep a regular check on its condition, will look better than an old sensor too lol

I've had the plastic ones go in the past too - but they've always been on 5 or 6 year old radiators

I'm sure it will be fine - and to be honest at £2 for a bung I can replace it as a service item lol

GSXR + KDX220
The Clio is looking sweet Lewis, I've not actually seen (or heard) it anger yet!! :approve:

Trafic 140dci
The Clio is looking sweet Lewis, I've not actually seen (or heard) it anger yet!! :approve:
Snetterton 9th of December is looking very promising :)
Feel free to come of and have a nose :) probably doesn't bwarppp as loud as other ITB's as I only have 40mm trumpets :eek:

GSXR + KDX220
Sweet, I'll be doing it unless the weather is snowy lol
Will do mate, I'm sure it'll make plenty of noise :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Snetterton 9th of December is looking very promising :)
Feel free to come of and have a nose :) probably doesn't bwarppp as loud as other ITB's as I only have 40mm trumpets :eek:

60mm trumpets are optimal with the KTR direct to head bodies on a standard engine