ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My French Pocket Rocket..... well almost

I bored of this now.... can we go back to the orginal topic!

I'm contemplating a set of recaro seats or somthing like that, the standard ones give no lateral support in coners, even if you are going slowly

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
The graphics are coming off when I can get round to it, they seemed like a good idea at the time....

Most things on this are straight out the Accessories brochure.... so yeah not random tat from ebay....

spoiler is staying on.... just fitted it a few weeks ago.....

It will be lowered at some point but just on springs, coilovers are around £400-600

Oh yeah I won the C1 Owners Club car of the season award..... so all in all, Your argument is invalid .... Have nice day!!!

I don't understand how you can post a C1 on a Clio forum and then get pissed off when people tell you what they think of it ...what did you expect?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
If it was mine I'd lose the tyre pen, graphics on the side and the Scotland/GB badges off the back.

Next steps would be Lower it slightly, Colour code the wing mirrors and door handles and buy some clean new plates.

It's the little details that make a car IMO, Easy to go too far with things.

Overall though if you're 17/18 like I'm guessing you are you've done a better job than most you're age, Sorry if that sounds patronising.

If it was mine I'd lose the tyre pen, graphics on the side and the Scotland/GB badges off the back.

Next steps would be Lower it slightly, Colour code the wing mirrors and door handles and buy some clean new plates.

Overall though if you're 17/18 like I'm guessing you are you've done a better job than most you're age, Sorry if that sounds patronising.

That is all on the to do list, when I get the chance, Lowering being the first thing

The Scoltand and GB stickers were on it from when i got it from my grandad after he died, so they are just one of the sentimental things ahaha

I am wanting to go for the clean look now

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
That is all on the to do list, when I get the chance, Lowering being the first thing

The Scoltand and GB stickers were on it from when i got it from my grandad after he died, so they are just one of the sentimental things ahaha

I am wanting to go for the clean look now

Fair enough then, As said keep it subtle and you'll be ok.

Don't take offence on a forum either, One this size is going to have a lot of mixed feelings to what you do, It's your car so do as you please at the end of the day.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Pre spoiler it looked good - get rid of the spoiler and the stickers and enjoy it.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I bored of this now.... can we go back to the orginal topic!

I'm contemplating a set of recaro seats or somthing like that, the standard ones give no lateral support in coners, even if you are going slowly

Im suprised the actual car gives any support in the corners, let alone the seats. Lol.

are these supposed to be quite good round corners?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Im suprised the actual car gives any support in the corners, let alone the seats. Lol.

They are a hoot to drive when keeping under 25mph but then I've only driven a hire car and we all know they are always the best examples of any given model.

Seats are just a flat though and I did nearly slide into the passenger seat.

Now I have the wider alloys and spacers on it does make a big difference round the bends, But i just find my self clinging onto the steering wheel for support in the bends .... Which isn't good.

would maybe go as far as saying its better in the bends than the Clio. Probably due to the shorter wheelbase though?

Seats are just a flat though and I did nearly slide into the passenger seat.

Yeah your right, they are completely woeful the seats

I only have 2 moans with this car the seats and the power... I know its a city car, but it could just be doing with an extra 10-20 bhp that would come with a 1.2l engine, dont know why they never bothered with it.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
You seem to be taking to CS well, welcome aboard!

Where in blackpool are you? Im up by west drive in cleveleys, I'll keep an eye out for you!

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Not at fan at all, would be better without all the badges and spoiler, nicely lowered, with colour coded bumpers and the wheels look good, in such a small car, more is definitely not better

iv seen that aswell its in a 107 isn't it ?

That's the chappy, silver 107 Goes like s**t of a shovel,

There a video where he put it up against a Toyota corolla on the drag strip, so its the same engine, it just goes to show what, a difference weight reduction makes

And yes, were going to have to sort out a big Blackpool meet some point then.

1.7 cdti
It does indeed go like stink . it was built a good few years back cos i remember reading the build thread on 107oc when my ex had her 107

Resurrection time....

Trax photo's... Would have gone with the Clio but booked this stand before we got it :)

Came for a look round the Cliosport stand at the few MK3's that were there for inspiration, they looked brilliant, bloody load of then never expected to see that many there, must have been the biggest club turnout there?

8_zpsf97e9060.jpg

More pics of the splitter and pressed plates

DSC_0124_zpsa531ecb2.jpg

DSC_0123_zpse662c4de.jpg

There is a company that makes SC kits for these iirc...

there is Turbo and supercharger kits you can get for these, but for the price of them you are better selling the car and buying a faster one

The turbos range from £2,000 to £4,500

turbo1 - raises the BHP from 67 to 90
turbo2 - raises the BHP from 67 to 110
turbo3 - raises the BHP from 67 to 130
super carger will take it to 120bhp

But you would have to get the 130bhp turbo:approve:

130BHP whilst maintaining 55MPG and £20 Roadtax, seems the sensible option

would love to get my hads on one.... i may think about it a some point in the future

Its been a while since i have checked in here is an update...

Just had it lowered and it makes a huge difference
DSC_0048_zps3c24fc0d.jpg

Clio has had some alloys fitted too the MK3 OEM curved 5 spoke ones and also fitted it with front lower and upper and rear lower strut braces

I will try to get some pics up of it this weekend

New speakers in the Clio.

All new speaker set up fronts, rears and tweets

DSC_00671_zps8acff6a9.jpg

Back speakers were just a pure pain in the arse cos the grilles never popped out it was 1 moulded panel so the door card had to come off ... Why can anyone explain that... It was

Had to cut out the speaker grill and mount a larger after market speaker grill to the door card.... Looks good now, but like a i say just a total pain