ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Car!

Clio 1.2 MkII Ph1
Hey, guys!

I'm finally old enough for my insurance on a 1.2 to not cost a small mortgage, and I've decided to go for a Clio! I'm really new to cars, to be honest - I know a healthy amount, but with regards to modding, I'm completely useless, haha. Either way, I thought I'd just introduce myself and my car, just in case I happen to be at any events.

Just bought a 1998 Clio 1.2 Grande - cost me £850 with 6 months' road tax, and I'm very much looking forward to being part of this community with it. I have one problem with it - and that's that the handbrake sometimes doesn't hold the car on steep inclines/declines - but that's nothing that isn't sorting itself out over time. Also, since my car didn't come with service history (it's only had one previous owner, which is a good thing, I guess), I'm a bit suspicious that the cambelt may need changing soon. It's just hit the 80k mile-mark, and I think I'll give it its first service this weekend - with my trusty Haynes Manual, of course!

But yeah - I should be attending some events when they arise, all except for the ones that are to do with racing, as I'm having one of these telematics boxes installed within a couple of weeks. So, hi all!

Welcome aboard Oli. The handbrake issue might be due to the handbrake cables needing tightening which is fairly straight forward. If not this, they could need replacing. In the mean time, leave it in gear when parked anywhere as well as applying your handbrake.

BG 182FF
Welcome to clio ownership. Lucky you for having the haynes manual.... no such thing for the sport!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
First thing I'll suggest to you is to get this modding malarky out of your head now - just enjoy your money and being on the road.