ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY first car ! but only a small simple project

Nice base to start on buddy, you can upload the image direct from photobucket instead of using links - just copy and paste the
link

renault clio 1.2 16v
Thanks chaps well i was thinking of lowering it 40 mm dont want to go to low i want to keep some of the comfort lol and deffo want a RS Grille just hard to get hold of for a good price. The next thing im getting done also is a full color code just want to make it look a little 1*2 lol ! BTW ur all gonna hate this the wheels are halfrauds ripspeed alloys :/ naa im not keen but im getting my old ones refurbed ! plus these were cheap with tyres so thought they would be ok but ive grown to dislike them on the car its ok tho my dad wants them on his kangoo van so :D smiles all round !

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Be much better once your old alloys are refurbed, what colour are they going or you just refurbing them silver again.
Plans sound pretty decent and as you say simple

renault clio 1.2 16v
Well i was thinking of a nice metallic grey color or just silver both nice colors ! not sure really they have good tyres on them so thats a plus lol ! :p

renault clio 1.2 16v
Haha I know i deffo need 1 lol ! got 3 things to do/get for it 40 mm lowering springs RS grille And get the bloody thing color coded lol !

renault clio 1.2 16v
Haha Damn you noticed the sport badge yeah i bow my head in shame with that i put it on last year when i bought it lol it will be binned soon with the stripes ! subtle looks in future ! :) And i really want a 1*2 but being 17 its impossible to insure so im gonna wait a few years and enjoy this car instead ! :D

renault clio 1.2 16v
quick update: Deffo need to get lowering springs this car holds the road well but body roll is quite bad :/ id rather be safe than sorry ! i mean look at it ! looks like a 4x4 also a friend gave me his head unit cs my old one was dead with a cd still stuck in it :/ well this one isnt new and doesnt look perfect but you cant moan if it works well and it was free :D
DSC02228_zps4f3fc961.jpg

DSC02227_zps546a8bc0.jpg

renault clio 1.2 16v
HELP !! how do you remove the honey combe grille ? im swapping it for an rs one but have no clue on how to remove it :cry: so some advice or instructions would be appreciated :D

TT QS
HELP !! how do you remove the honey combe grille ? im swapping it for an rs one but have no clue on how to remove it :cry: so some advice or instructions would be appreciated :D

Bumper off is easiest. If not. There's about 10 clips round the edge. Pop them and it should fly out

I did mine without taking the bumper off, 2 plastic screws in the top and then carefully pry the clips around the edge of the grill. then it just lifts out, and put the new one in :)

Haha Damn you noticed the sport badge yeah i bow my head in shame with that i put it on last year when i bought it lol it will be binned soon with the stripes ! subtle looks in future ! :) And i really want a 1*2 but being 17 its impossible to insure so im gonna wait a few years and enjoy this car instead ! :D

I got mine when I was 18 just last year... Don't do it :| Its stupid expensive haha.
With the grille its as simple as two screws and popping it off like the other guy said. Simple

renault clio 1.2 16v
YAAY got the new aero wipers on not like i need them in this weather lol :D and it does make the car look cleaner tbh very pleased good cheap mod !
DSC02233_zps4ea1fd82.jpg
DSC02234_zps37ce4774.jpg

renault clio 1.2 16v
Well the rain's back been using the new wipers and very happy ! :D what splitters fit the front of these ? was thinking of getting one :)

Look at my thread if you want, i'm 18, no licence (yet) 0 ncb obv and insurance 1300, it can be done!

renault clio 1.2 16v
well here she is with her old/newly refurbed shoes on and i think she looks a million times better and much cleaner looking ! :D happy days
Dan068_zps335ed2ec.jpg
Dan067_zps386859dd.jpg

Last edited:
  renault clio 1.2 16v
aye want to get it lowered 40 mm that l be done next month on the mot and im trying to look for a tidy sport interior for small money a job i know but one should pop up soon :)

renault clio 1.2 16v
Sold my clio :( very sad but hey ! i sold it to my cousin and its only down the road he also has a 1.6 clio and various other cars quite a car fan tbf sadly im not back in a clio actually i have a citroen nemo van for my work much faster lol but not as good round corners and strange enough cheaper to insure than the clio ! :)
and yes i am saving up for another clio prefrebly a 182 in the next year or so ! just see how it goes from here !

renault clio 1.2 16v
Gawd i miss my clio :/ its looking a bit rough now too shame i really looked after it ! the new owners put snap-off because its french on the boot lid ! and curbed one of the freshly refurbed alloys :mad: ! oh and its utterly filthy !