ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Edition 30

TTRS & V50
Whats the budget? I've got an Edition 30 and personally, my next car will either be a Golf R or an S3

Essentially 10k but if I was to get a S3 it would have to be facelift so that raises me up to 13k ish. Which is what I bought but couldn't raise the funds in time.

Ideally I'd have MK7 Golf R in an instant but I plan on travelling again so don't want to tie myself down to that.

I'm one that likes to change my cars so know all too well. I'm not as bad as I used to be.
I guess with the past two car's I've owned being faux wheel drive I've got used to it and spoilt. I cant remember what spinning the wheels feels like.
S3's are lovely. I just don't get how a K04 turbo makes them worth 3k more than mine.

Is that the only difference !? Nuts. Yeah 2WD is a bit annoying sometimes.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Is that the only difference !? Nuts. Yeah 2WD is a bit annoying sometimes.
Pretty much mate. K04 and a different intercooler with metal rather than plastic ends. There was a kit on Audi Sport the other day for £700.00. Even the rear diffuser clips straight on mine.

Don't really know.

Edition30 is essentially the best car for what I want, however I'm not the kind of guy that keeps the same car for years. No matter how good it is I like to change 12-18 months.

I've driven an R32 and tbf, they aren't that great, pretty under-powered and the noise is the only thing that's ok. So finding one with the same spec and condition as mine is going to be hard so I thought I'd just look at another car.

Couple of my mates have got 8P S3's and they really are great, I think I want an AWD car essentially. The mapped Edition30 does struggle a little, quick, but putting that power through the front wheels isn't great. My thinking is that if I got a S3 I could map it and it will cope with the power easily and be a nice place to be like the ED30 and a bonus of marginally quicker too.

What else is there ? Don't really want RWD so that's BMW at the window, although I was looking at a 135i coupe earlier, but I know if I got one I would always have the feeling of, it's not a M135.
I've just bought an R32.. The noise alone is worth it. I had a grin from the moment I started it up which got bigger on a good test drive round some good B roads