ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my drivers chair is stuck!!!

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
my drivers chair wont pull back, i moved it forward to get into the back and its jammed, just happened like an hr ago so was dark, couldnt see, hoping its just a penny or sumthin stuck, how easy is it to take the chair out, or do these have problems getting jammed??

looked like a right c**t driving home, was so close to the wheel lol, doh!:clown:

downs523 said:
my drivers chair wont pull back, i moved it forward to get into the back and its jammed, just happened like an hr ago so was dark, couldnt see, hoping its just a penny or sumthin stuck, how easy is it to take the chair out, or do these have problems getting jammed??

looked like a right c**t driving home, was so close to the wheel lol, doh!:clown:
Have a check of the runners somehting most likly to be stuck some oil will fix it.

Megane Trophy, Golf
Yeah mate, had same thing on my cup! just had to pull lever right up and keep moving it back and forth then it was fine! think it was a stone or something in runners!

Oyster Card
My old car actually jammed solid before I managed to release it after a good old fight then it wouldn't lock in place was driving around with a battery behind the chair for a week and everytime I had to brake hard I met the steering wheel.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
chair?

armchair.jpg

Monaco Blue Mk2
I've had this problem. There's a part on the runner with a pin in. The mechanism picks up a silver thing on the runner that is used to locate the seat, when pulled forward it should slide back into this place. However if the seat is slid/slammed back to firmly there is a plastic piece which this pin type thing sits through, it snaps easily or this pin can work loose. Then that silver thing will be stuck in it's last position (and it's always to far forward!) It's only really accessible with the seat out (see interior removal in guides section.

Very hard to explain! That will probably only make sense to someone who has done it/had the seat out.
I have a pic from under the seat somewhere, one min.

172 Cup 2003
yea double check the runners and the top part of below the seat...good old wd40 as well

Monaco Blue Mk2
big pics, sorry.

This is the 'pin'. It had fell out on mine as the plastic piece had snapped. I didn't realise what it was but fortuantely I kept it and realised.

DSC00198.jpg

This is where it was missing from.

DSC00200.jpg

This is where it should be.

DSC00201.jpg

Bear in mind that last pic is upside down under the seat, there should be something about the spring. If it just looks a bit loose, you may be able to push it back in. If it's out it'll be a seat out job to line all the bits back up.

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
ive looked the bolt is in and not sure about the pin, rang renault up, there gonna have a look at it in half an hr, hopefully they will sort it out!

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
just went to renault they said 1 of the runners is broke????? gotta wait till next tuesday to get it fixed under warrenty, is there any way of fixing it myself, also can i swap the passenger side with the fucked side??? help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
belive me ive twated it many times its fucked i only pulled it 4ward normally then it jammed, peice of french s**t!

Monaco Blue Mk2
It'll be that plastic bit on the runner that's broke, same as mine. It's part of the runner and can't be bought seperately. Mine was splint in half. Mines not under warrenty though so I super glued it back! lol. Hope you get it sorted OK.