ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Dead(ish) 182 (With Video!!)

Iceberg 172 Cup
Please can someone tell me what this is....

I avnt drove it for a full week now and its getting me down. I posted other threads the other day about this but its really ill.

One morning i went out and turned the key and it sounded like this.

Also went i turn the engine off, after a second pause theres an additional knock/tap.... i didnt get it in the vid i forgot. Coming from the cam area?

:dapprove:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v143/neonvtr/?action=view&current=20072008006.flv

Mondeo TDCI 130
Sounds internal to me, hard to say from the vid, but i would not advise running / driving it, get it to a garage! Cam cover off firstly for inspection!!

Iceberg 172 Cup
Sounds internal to me, hard to say from the vid, but i would not advise running / driving it, get it to a garage! Cam cover off firstly for inspection!!

i agree mate, but to get the cam cover and tbh i need the rocker cover off too, does the engine not need to be shifted about?

Clio MK2 (1.2)
have a listen to the alternator, could be coming form there.

what are you proposing bud? alternator pulley?

IMO its defo coming from internals....

well my 1.2 is doing the same noise but slightly less noisier and the problem with mine is the alternator Bearing. the only reason i kno its this is because i borrowed my sisters alternator tried it on mine and the noise went.

Mondeo TDCI 130

i agree mate, but to get the cam cover and tbh i need the rocker cover off too, does the engine not need to be shifted about?

cam cover rocker cover is one piece and holds the cams in! Yep, its cambelt off etc!

Volvo S60 T5
That aint de-phaser IMO, de-phaser sounds much worse.
Dont drive it get it recovered to a garage , could be a follower failed or worse.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Right, the engine has been stripped down 2day and the verdict is...

2 tappets were fukt!

So... new cambelt + pulleys, aux belt, de-phaser pulley, spark plugs and a mini service including around maybe 12 hours labour...

Grand total = £540.... !

will have the car back wednesday all being well!!

p.s - unfortunatley i'll not be attending the Matlock meet....:dapprove: