ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My dCi 65 project

Had my nice little Clio for 14 months now, got her on a nice 43k miles (now sits at just under 51k) and in pretty good condition, since I got her I have made very few changes so far but I am going to do some modifications so I thought I would share with you guys to get opinions/ideas of what to do next!

here is a couple of snaps of the day i got her!

since then I have made the following modifications:

Standard rear lights
honda civic aerial
silvervisions front and back
LED side lights (white)
LED number plate light
Removed yelow strip things from the doors
Removed elf sticker and other useless stickers from rear window
Added RS.net and cliodci.net sticker in rear window
CS tax disc holder

how she stands with standard lights:

silvervisions and rs sticker

I currently have the following to add to the car:

Rear 172 bumper sprayed to my colour (thanks to Mx1_champ)
colour coded dynamique spoiler
RS Grille

and then I will be getting the car colour coded after the new year, also looking for front facelift bumper to fit with fog lights in the near future. also some better alloys when the price is right...

Things im not going to do is lower her as I have a steep drive to park on and nearly scrape it as it is :eek:

Any questions, opinions, and ideas welcome :) thanks for reading

I will update this thread with new photos when i have fitted my new parts that I have awaiting fitment...

Last edited:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Re: My DCI :) -NOT REPLICA MATERIAL!-

don't hit on the replica's ;). nice dci btw, keep it clean and simple. maybe some different alloys? but each to their own :)

don't hit on the replica's ;). nice dci btw, keep it clean and simple. maybe some different alloys? but each to their own :)

Yeah they will be going when I can find some decent Dynamique alloys.... or do you suggest any others that are nice?

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS

You not got the rear bumper fitted yet, or the spoiler.

Don't make it a full rep, be proud of the dCi ;)

Rear headlights make such a difference on clio's

Make it a rep!!

Not planning on doing a rep of a 172 as it would cost to much and be to much effort lol!

You not got the rear bumper fitted yet, or the spoiler.

Don't make it a full rep, be proud of the dCi ;)

nope not yet mate, not had the time (nor correct weather) to do the job yet!

pretty soon after the new year (when weather gets better) my plans for the car should all take place which means

fitting the rear 172 bumper
getting colourcoded side strips, door handles and mirrors fitted
(purchasing front facelift bumper from cliospares) fitting it with RS grille that i have

getting some standard dynamique alloys

other than that has anyone got any ideas of what other mods i can do, maybe some interior mods

whether i should fit front foggys etc?? need ideas as i want to make her look really smart :D

Listerine & Poledo

Good work to resist building another rep.

Was gong to suggest new wheels, but you're already onto that.

If I had the high spec model I would be tempted to make a rep out of it but its the most basic model so just want the best from it at not to high of a price!! :D

Finally got my Rear spoiler on today! (not done bumper due to floor being wet :lol: )

here is a before and after picture of what i have changed :) (oh btw please excuse the mucky car haha)

before:

After:

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v

reaso for reps is ther oem look far better. you have a sport rear. theres no nicer rear bumper standard, would change the wheels cc spoiler or a cup are nice

claire what do you mean there is no nicer rear bumper standard?? do you mean i have made a good choice going for the sport bumper :) and i have changed the spoiler for a cc spoiler as you can see in the pic above your post... the wheels will be done when i get the chance to pick some up :)... still unsure what i should get?? whats peoples opinions on good looking ones??

Got my RS grille fitted today, and pretty chuffed :) here is a pic before and also in progress:

Got my grille out a left with a mess and dirty hands!!!

Then I cleaned up the area before putting the new grille in:

Fitted the grille, 100% improvement:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

If I had the high spec model I would be tempted to make a rep out of it but its the most basic model so just want the best from it at not to high of a price!! :D

I'd see that as a reason to make a rep lol.

Since pov spec clios come with Nasty trim and seats, you'll wanna change that to make it nice right? What better trim than renaultsport? ;)

But I'm not gonna be a devil on your shoulder, car is looking nice mate :) you're doing what I did when I first got mine :)

I'd see that as a reason to make a rep lol.

Since pov spec clios come with Nasty trim and seats, you'll wanna change that to make it nice right? What better trim than renaultsport? ;)

But I'm not gonna be a devil on your shoulder, car is looking nice mate :) you're doing what I did when I first got mine :)

Ah true... But the list is endless of things to do and change to make it a rep...

And thanks.. Just trying to tidy it up and make it look nice. Its getting there slowly :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

2 bumpers isn't much ;)

But then If you want seats, dash inserts, wheels, side skirts and wings it could get expensive. You've already got the gr and rear bumper, get the front one whacked on too :D

Changed the bumper today... not the best colour match but then again I haven't washed or polished the car to match it... so it might of being best to upload after I gave it a good wash haha :eek:
2012-01-07 11.51.30.jpg
Here is what it looks like now:
2012-01-07 13.29.34.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Slightly off but if polishing it doesn't work just stop cleaning the bumper :rasp: then they'll look similar

Looks nice nontheless :approve:

Megane 225 F1

The 172 rear bumper is sooo much better. However I think the front bumper for the non sports is fine. It's a lot of money and work to make it look like a 172 when it isn't really one.

Slightly off but if polishing it doesn't work just stop cleaning the bumper :rasp: then they'll look similar

Looks nice nontheless :approve:

Cheers knuckles... that was the plan of action haha, it hasn't had any exposure to dirt yet unlike the rest of the car so it probably will take a while to blend nicely lol :p

The 172 rear bumper is sooo much better. However I think the front bumper for the non sports is fine. It's a lot of money and work to make it look like a 172 when it isn't really one.

Cheers Will. Im not putting a 172 front bumper on, if i change front bumper then it will be for a non-sport facelift bumper which I think look smart... but I have fogs on the way (just for show) so that should tidy the front end up too..
Much better with the 172 bumper as Willdot. said.
Thanks chapppers, i think its finally starting to pull together and looking smart now :)

Here's mine before I got my new front bumper

black fog surrounds
67a18c75.jpg

93637afd.jpg

Must admit, I do like the front bumper!!! and next plan of action is CC the mirror caps, side strips and door handles!

I think the front end looks tidier with fogs than just the caps, they won't ever work just fitted for show

-----> UPDATE <-----

gone a bit mad over last few weeks getting parts, all these are parts i have currently ordered or recieved:

Colour coded mirrors, door handles, side trims and front bumper trims (currently only fitted door handles)
Got some Dynamique alloys on order
Dynamique interior plastics to replace old cream plastic
front fog lights
Full 172 interior seats on order
Sport dash trims
New aerial base to fix weak radio signal.
New plain plates ordered
pollen filter to try ans solve my damp problem

Will get more pics when I have fitted everything else.

Should I leave my car like this once all the parts are fitted or is there any other good mods that I have missed. comments welcome thanks :)

Pretty sweet mate, should look good fully colour coded :) shame about not being able to lower it :(

Cheers for that :D

Done a bit more too it now:

Fitted side strips today :) not Sure about drivers door strip (had to do some repair to get it to fit! also some paint missing on it) so looking to get a new one. but here is what it all looks like:

Never realised how much colour coding the side strips affects the look of the car, that looks alot more modern. You spray them yourself? And yeah the drivers side one looks bit wonky? or maybe thats just me not looking at it properly lol

You gonna change the rims? they kinda scream chav lol

the plastic "tag" that holds the side strips in place was broken on the drivers side strip so had to bodge it up so yeah the end under door handle sticks out slightly which makes it look wonky.

I'm waiting to pick some new rims up mate... don't worry haha, I don't like them either :p

Edit: No I didn't spray myself, purchased from someone who previously CC his car

ah good haha, the rims seem to be the only thing making this look bad, everything else looks great! and can't you buy those clips or something or do you have to buy a whole new strip?

cheers! and i doubt breakers will have any, if they do then they would be snapped up VERY quickly by anyone as people are always after CC parts. not to fussed at the moment will keep my eye out though in case any pop up anywhere