ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cup only revs to 7k

Titanium 182
my first car was a 205 gti mate unlucky you picked the wrong guy to compare that 2.

Why did I pick the wrong guy? I was only asking! :dapprove:

I could have got a 205 GTi as my first car, I did infact look at them - but at the end of the day I wanted something newer and more reliable. Oh, and I've had a play with a few 205 GTi's on track days and yeah they're great little cars, but my Fiesta could still keep up with them, so don't see why you think they're all that. ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Why did I pick the wrong guy? I was only asking! :dapprove:

I could have got a 205 GTi as my first car, I did infact look at them - but at the end of the day I wanted something newer and more reliable. Oh, and I've had a play with a few 205 GTi's on track days and yeah they're great little cars, but my Fiesta could still keep up with them, so don't see why you think they're all that. ;)

Coulda woulda shoulda I'd say. And as for performance 205 gti about 800 kg 130 bhp fiesta zetec s what 90 bhp and more weight have a word, cos you gave it mouth thinking I'd say some 1 litre or summit.

Titanium 182
Coulda woulda shoulda I'd say. And as for performance 205 gti about 800 kg 130 bhp fiesta zetec s what 90 bhp and more weight have a word, cos you gave it mouth thinking I'd say some 1 litre or summit.

Coulda woulda shoulda? Well, could have yeah, but really didn't want one as like I said I'd rather something newer and more reliable, and also safer!

I take it you had the 1.9 GTi then? Fair play, I thought it was the 1.6! And the Zetec-S is 103bhp, yeah I know still not exactly record breaking stuff but I was pretty happy with it as my first car - thanks for pissing on my fire! :(

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
Sorry mate I just love to brag cos I loved that car, right what ya say though unreliable. Would of took the zetec s over it if I could of aforded 1. I had only just turned 18.

Titanium 182
Sorry mate I just love to brag cos I loved that car, right what ya say though unreliable. Would of took the zetec s over it if I could of aforded 1. I had only just turned 18.

Fair play, I was only playing! And at the end of the day I wouldn't have minded if you'd said your first car was a 1.0ltr Micra, we all have to start somewhere - unfortunately, though, you came back with arguably the most iconic hot hatch ever to be made, so I had to try and defend my corner somehow!

How long did you have the GTi for?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I had it 10 months cos the cambelt snapped and bent the valves unfortunately. I was gutted spent a canny bit on it, head gasket new clutch black diamond brakes k and n filter and a exhaust. Was a White j reg. Every drive an adventure and the easiest car to get sideways ever. Lol

Titanium 182
I had it 10 months cos the cambelt snapped and bent the valves unfortunately. I was gutted spent a canny bit on it, head gasket new clutch black diamond brakes k and n filter and a exhaust. Was a White j reg. Every drive an adventure and the easiest car to get sideways ever. Lol

Haha, lift off oversteer is a real laugh if you know it's going to happen! Is your Cup your second car?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Na I went sensible for abit with a brand new corsa sxi, for the free insurance then got a seat Ibiza 2.0 litre 16v then got my cup, had it nearly 2 years now. Love it, clayed barred it today and fell in love allover again. What model you got?

Titanium 182
Na I went sensible for abit with a brand new corsa sxi, for the free insurance then got a seat Ibiza 2.0 litre 16v then got my cup, had it nearly 2 years now. Love it, clayed barred it today and fell in love allover again. What model you got?

I'm car less atm - once again you've beaten me lol! But in all seriousness I'm looking at getting a 172/182, there's a low mileage 172 in flame red at my local dealership which I've taken a shine to, so I'm popping over there tomorrow to put a deposit on it, so hopefully I'll have something to drive about in soon!

I was considering the Cup as I like the idea of a more stripped out back-to-basics raw car, but really like the extras you get with the 172 such as half leather, xenons, air con and abs. I know as soon as I get in a Cup after buying a normal 172 I'll regret it though!

Titanium 182

I'm car less atm - once again you've beaten me lol! But in all seriousness I'm looking at getting a 172/182, there's a low mileage 172 in flame red at my local dealership which I've taken a shine to, so I'm popping over there tomorrow to put a deposit on it, so hopefully I'll have something to drive about in soon!

I was considering the Cup as I like the idea of a more stripped out back-to-basics raw car, but really like the extras you get with the 172 such as half leather, xenons, air con and abs. I know as soon as I get in a Cup after buying a normal 172 I'll regret it though!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I would def go for a cup if I was you it's just got that extra edge everywhere and look a little more special. Just get bucket seats put in with leather on, ya won't notice the lack of abs much, got bigger discs to stop ya.

i can't really keep up with the tacho but have noticed that i tend to shift from second at about 60 and at about 80 from third. looking at those vids, seems that's about 6500rpms

have you tried driving it steadily (at part throttle) up to the limiter to see where it cuts, rather than wanging it up there at full throttle?

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
i can't really keep up with the tacho but have noticed that i tend to shift from second at about 60 and at about 80 from third. looking at those vids, seems that's about 6500rpms

have you tried driving it steadily (at part throttle) up to the limiter to see where it cuts, rather than wanging it up there at full throttle?

It hit's 7100rpm in every gear mate.

phase 1:
1st,2nd: 7200rpm, 3rd,4th,5th: 7000rpm

all the rest:
1st,2nd,3rd: 7200rpm, 4th,5th: 7000rpm

that's a FACT
and shift light is there for a reason

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
phase 1:
1st,2nd: 7200rpm, 3rd,4th,5th: 7000rpm

all the rest:
1st,2nd,3rd: 7200rpm, 4th,5th: 7000rpm

that's a FACT
and shift light is there for a reason

Obviously not?

My rev limit is closer to the 7100rpm than the 7200rpm, i know its only a very small gap between but it's deffo not 7200 on mine for some reason??

Mabye the rev counter is slightly out on mine.