ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cup freshen up.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Basicly i bought my 1st Clio 2 weeks ago, a 172 Cup 03 plate.

I payed a bit much for it imo (2.5k) considering it needed a few bits doing but i needed a car for work after selling my stunning Evo VII and buying a Cayenne which was too thirsty for everyday use.

The next day i made a start on the things that needed to be done.

The steering wheel was mullered so i bought a really good 2nd hand one off here and changed the noseband bit for my cup one, the footrest was missing so ive sourced one from here which im waiting on and im also in the stainless foot rest cover group buy, it had no rear wiper so i went to the main dealers and got one along with a center exhaust mount and cv gaiter.
I got an engine cover off here and it cleaned up nicely with a bit of carb cleaner.
I then needed a radio as i had a hole, so off to Halfords, fitted it and surprise surprise no signal so off to Renaults again for an antena base which sorted that out, i also bought some spark plugs while i was there.
A trip to Quick Fit for a fully syn oil and filter change just incase and then home to fit the plugs, exhaust mount, engine cover and steering wheel.

I had the tracking done, a couple of budget tyres fitted to get me through a few days untill i could find a cleaner set of wheels, i got the car fully checked over for wheel bearings and bushes ect and thats where i discovered that one of the front springs was different to the rest i.e a non cup one, it had been changed for the MOT :mad:

That ment a new set of lowering springs were soon ordered and on thier way.

I bought a mint set of Turinis and Toyo's off here which are ready to go on when i fit the springs and paint the calipers this weekend with an OMP tow eye.

I have a new set of Sport mats on thier way and also new Clio Cup stickers for the door pillers.

Theres s**t loads to do so i'll start to take some pics along the way and see if i can make a nice little car out of it.

Heres the car as i bought it along with some other odds n sods in no particular order that need doing or have been done.

Oh and the Evo and Cayenne :)

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 72
  • footrest.JPG
    footrest.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN2115.jpeg
    DSCN2115.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN2111.jpeg
    DSCN2111.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 77
  • Clio 1.JPG
    Clio 1.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Radio.JPG
    Radio.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Steering wheel.JPG
    Steering wheel.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Stickers.JPG
    Stickers.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 76
  • New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 169
  • New Image 2.JPG
    New Image 2.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 83

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Nice picture of your Evo dude! Certainly wouldn't take it over the clio though ;)

Looking forward to further updates

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Nice picture of your Evo dude! Certainly wouldn't take it over the clio though ;)

Looking forward to further updates

I miss the Evo sooooo much 540bhp or 172bhp hmmmm :)

looking good darren
can i have a go in your cayneen please....lol

If you come down for the alloys mate you can have a quick blast in it, 4.5 V8 with luxury a plenty, its an awsome car.

Anyway i fitted the new alloys today and tidyed up the engine bay which i think is a massive improvement.

IMG_1546.gif

And heres the Evo on last years MLR calender cover.

4197211500_d8cd4753c8_o.jpg

It's nice
cleaner then my engine bay ....looks well matey
put a picture up with the new alloys on darren:cool:

Last edited:
  Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
cleaner then my engine bay ....looks well matey
put a picture up with the new alloys on darren:cool:

Just ran out and took a quick iphone pic :)

IMG_1568.gif

IMG_1567.jpg

Yeah i know it needs lowering but thats the side with the odd spring and the new ones are in the still i the post :(

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Simons rolling in a V6 clio these days which he's done a awesome job on that to.

Yeah I saw it when I picked the Evo up and I saw it and Brands to.
It was full of carbon firbre if I remember and looked the dogs.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Today i fitted some new suspension, Renault Sport mats, tow eye and a few other bits.

I think its starting to look alot better now.

Before
IMG_1568.gif

After
IMG_1585.gif

IMG_1586.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tow eye is gayer than Christian, but apart from that, it looks lovely. Very subtle. :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looking good, IIRC the cups didn't have engine covers when new?

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Tow eye is gayer than Christian, but apart from that, it looks lovely. Very subtle. :)

Im new to Clios but after looking at other threads i see that people have just a metal finish or is it that tow eyes are just gay full stop ?

Looking good, IIRC the cups didn't have engine covers when new?

I found that out after i bought it lol, i thought it was missing but looks better imo.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Coming along nicely! 172 cups can looks so nice with just subtle mods!

Cheers mate.

Forgot to mention i fitted some Grooved front and rear discs and Yellow stuff pads.

Im thinking of getting another set of calipers and refurbing them black as i aint really feeling the yellow ones but if i do that means it'll be another set of wheels (dark) black diamonds and bullets ect ect ???

172 Cup
Loos great that mate, black or silver calipers would look better imo though.

Is that on Eibach sportlines?

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Will deffo sort out the callipers then.

The springs are Apex 40mm ones, people on here havnt raved about them but I just went for a quick blast and I can't fault them yet.

I've got a full set of powerflex anti roll bar and gearbox bushes ect ect and also a cat back stainless exhaust.

1st impressions arecthat they are no different from the cup ones apart from the lower stance.

I have only done about 15 miles on them so I maybe jumping the gun.

Would be interesting to hear back... The sportlines are a no brainer as they get rave reviews, but for some reason the 40mm drop the apex give looks spot on!

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Just had the tracking re done and been out for a good spirited drive and I can't fault the new springs, they ain't too hard or too bouncy so I'm more than happy with them.

I've got some other bits to fit now.

Powerflex dog bone bushes
Group N upper engine mount
Group N upper gearbox mount
Lower gearbox mount
KTR panel filter
And new center exhaust mount.

That lot should make a nice difference.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Spent most of today fitting the above but aint had a chance to finish yet.

The most annoying thing is that it already had some uprated bushes :mad: i should of checked 1st.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Sod that, a few years ago I used to love doing stuff like that but now I have no patience for it lol.