ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clutch is gone :(

black 3 door clio 1.2 16v
heya guys , im in need of a new clutch for my 1.2 16v clio (2005) im not realli happi to pay someone £100 to fit it plus £100 for a clutch.... so how easy/hard a job am i looking at to change my clutch???

thanks and any info would be great

172 Ph2. Mmm...
i done my old car which was a saxo (wont be too much difference) i done it with ease to be honest, but then i have a pit which helped alot, but other than that clutches are pretty easy to fit, it gets involved and is a day job max.

ok just i heared something about drpping the subframe which isnt too bad but i just dont wanna b conned with mechanics tryin to scare me

ITB'd MK1
i done my old car which was a saxo (wont be too much difference) i done it with ease to be honest, but then i have a pit which helped alot, but other than that clutches are pretty easy to fit, it gets involved and is a day job max.

saxos are one of the easiest cars going to do a clutch on though LOL. Clio isn't hard, just lacks access space due to the subframe. It's time consuming more than anything

thanks guys. i have a garage and ramp but at the very least would i be able to do it on axel stands?

330Ci Clubsport
if you can get someone to do it for a ton bite their arm off. Proper pain in the ass. I done a 106gti one in 2hrs, took me 3 times that to do the clio. First time I done it it took about 10hrs. so much stripping, ie both shafts out, exhaust manifold off, starter out, battery/ecu out.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
genuine valeo clutch kit is nowhere near £100. it's more like £70 and is a 3 piece kit.

just make sure you buy a valeo one and not a cheapo £30 clutch.

wheres the best place to get a cheapo clutch from then guys? but i do want something that should last dont want it soo cheap its crap lol

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
if u have a ramp you can get em out in an hour. how many miles urs done then?

cheers guys, bin realli helpful tbh, times are hard this time of year wid my job being off for 8 weeks so looking to save as much money as possible and if that involves getting dirty and having a crack at something ive never done then thats what il do lol

185lb/ft dCi
i changed a 1.5dci clutch on axel stands with my brother, took us 3 nights after work, safe to say i won't be doing that again, ever.

haha that bad was it :p if im not able to use my ramp il use a frends pit, lol and if all else fails then il stump up and pay the £100 :(

182 trackday racer
if u have a ramp you can get em out in an hour. how many miles urs done then?

That I would like to see. Ive taken the box down a few times on my 182 and the last time prepared, with the right tools knowing where every bolt is located and what size to use it was a 3hour job using a lift. So just forget one hour. Id say its a 4-5 hour job to get it down (beeing optimistic) if you have never done it before. Not very complicated though.

M

mini-valver

QH clutches are spot on for the money. I paid £50 for the kit, fitted it myself along with a new box, poly bushes, new shafts and brake set up in a couple of nights. Its not a hard job, just awkward.

You can get away without dropping the subframe, disconnect the coloumn, and undo the passenger side captive bolts and lever it down about 4 inch's. You have enough room to drop the box onto the subframe, swap the clutch and re-fit the box then. Its tight mind.