ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio VS Elise at Santa Pod

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

Yep, he took forever to get off the line. If this had been a traffic light Grand Prix then I would have nailed him, but overall (because the timing doesnt start until you leave the line) he was faster.

Also on that day I beat a 350Z, a Mini Cooper S and an S2000. My best time of the day was a 15.1.

Yaris Hybrid

Id rather see the videos of those legit victories against the 350Z and the S2000 if you go them.

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 22 May 2005

Id rather see the videos of those legit victories against the 350Z and the S2000 if you go them.
Thats the only vid I have Im afraid. However, I do have lots of other Santa Pod vids of my last car (a 20VT) at www.southimports.com

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 22 May 2005

15.4 @ 89mph? Was it wet?
Ha ha cheeky git! - my best time of the day was a 15.1. To be fair the start line was slippery, but either way I doubt that its possible to get much more out of the cup. Has anyone got into the 14secs bracket at Santa Pod without mods?

How on earth did you beat an S2000 and a 350Z anyway? Did they stall!
Both had over excited drivers that sat wheel spinning on the starting line. However, having said that, I am yet to ever see a 350Z beat 15seconds at the pod. They are Not fast cars.

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by _Tom_ on 22 May 2005

How on earth did you beat an S2000 and a 350Z anyway? Did they stall!
However, having said that, I am yet to ever see a 350Z beat 15seconds at the pod. They are Not fast cars.
Umm really........I thought they were in the impreza/evo league which being honest a cup is clearly not!!!

Theyre too fat. made for americans. Dont know about straight line speed but theyre scared of corners. also the weight issue is a bit problem with them id assume.

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by _Tom_ on 22 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 22 May 200515.4 @ 89mph? Was it wet?[/QUOTE]Ha ha cheeky git! - my best time of the day was a 15.1. To be fair the start line was slippery, but either way I doubt that its possible to get much more out of the cup. Has anyone got into the 14secs bracket at Santa Pod without mods?

IIRC a guy ran a 14.6 in a standard cup. Think thats a bit out of the ordinary tbh!

VaVa

Rich D did a 14.5 in his standard Cup, but that was at York. Kevs 172 did a 14.6 and Paddys did a 14.7 from what I can remember. Probably has as much to do with the driver as it does the car imho. I couldnt get my 172 off the line quickly if my life depended on it. But then I value my clutch and I cant say its something Ive ever practiced.lol.

Quote: Originally posted by JoelDee on 23 May 2005
PMSL What the f**ks he doing in the Elise!Phil did you actually watch the video? LOL

Might have been using him as a "catch up car". That mental little maestro that is at USC the last few years always does the same. Sits and waits for the other car to get away, then plays catch up

god knows what the dude in the elise was doing ?
was it a normal mk2 elise?
as after 60 they are pants.

Tom what did you run the 1/4 in when you had your coupe?

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 23 May 2005

god knows what the dude in the elise was doing ?
was it a normal mk2 elise?
as after 60 they are pants.

Tom what did you run the 1/4 in when you had your coupe?
The best I ever ran the 1/4mile in my Coupe was a 14.3. However, thats not really representative as the more I tuned my car the slower my times got. Simply trying to get traction in 1st and 2nd gear was all but impossible and you ended up spinning all the power away. However, from 50mph + it was an animal.

The best time the Coupe club have achieved so far is 12.5secs - though I think that that is with the use of slicks.

320d M Sport

wat mods is that 12.5 with?

my 172 ran 14.7 with rear bench, spare out. prob could have gone quicker too.

probably, lol.

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 23 May 2005

wat mods is that 12.5 with?

Thats with about £6K worth of tuning and 50bhp of NOS. The car runs about 400bhp and 400lb/ft torque.