ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my Clio Sport - 99BFF

Clio 172 Turbo
Hello everyone!

This is my 2000 Clio Sport, base hp 172, current hp somewhere around 200. Modifications include: cat cams 421' camshafts, inlet manifold, cold air intake, exhaust and some exterior modifications...
Next step is fitting a tubocharger to this engine.
Photos below:
IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

Clio 172 Turbo
Welcome to Clio Sport.

Nice, but not too keen on all the stickers.

Have you any rolling road results?

If you mean quarter mile and 0-60mph times, I haven't measured those... but I will borrow a g-meter from a friend and see how it goes... pretty curious myself, actually... :D Will post once I have them...
As for cars I went "head to head" with... I finally managed to be equal on the quarter mile with a modified Mitsubishi Colt CZT - somewhere around 220hp... but equal is not enough, hence the need for the supercharger... ;)

Clio 172 Turbo
Please answer me this question: if I mount the supercharger and use the stock ECU(I know that's what Paul from rs tuning did), what map sensor do I need(and where to mount it)? I have a map sensor for aspirat engine.
I would apreciate if you could give some details.

(I have a clio 172 phase1)

Clio 172 Turbo
hi!
i thought i should give some updates:p. i gave up the kompressor, i mounted 8.5 pistons WOSSNER ,EAGLE forged rods and i've just set a GARRETT GT 2871R 743347-4 turbine, and a HALTECH stand alone. i have finally reached 305 wheel hp at 1.4 bar pressure.the MEGANE RS injectors dont really fit here, driving at a 12.9-13.2 AFR.i have to buy a 3 bar map sensor and bigger injectors, aiming for 350 wheel hp. so far, there are no problems with the gear box and the engine. (sorry i cant attach some pictures)

Clio 172 Turbo
How can I make the engine stronger, because it bounces a lot and it brakes the down pipe(it broke three times already) and the stud nuts turbine gallery.(sorry but i'm not very familiar with the english technical terms:D)

How on earth does the drive train cope with that power? How is the torque steer treating you :p

Very impressive though, must be a beast to drive.

Clio 172 Turbo
thanks everyone for your replies . It has been a lot of work on the project,a lot of time ,there where a lot of times when I got sick and tired of the project , but finally I managed to finish it .I hope I can get it to a drag race before the winter starts so I can have an ideea of the 0-402m time , a final result for now for my project .
I was running the RS almost an year on N/A ,wich I managed to get preety good results but turbo is the future :))
Since now , the car is running fine , no problems , hope it will remain this way .Before the clio 172 , I had another project from a Dacia Logan 1.5 dci wich I manage to rise the power to a max 120-125 hp from the 65cp engine .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp58aNdH-ks

Last edited: