ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio replacement!

J03

MX5 1.8
hello, most of you have seen my black slighty euro'd clio, i now have this as its replacement :D

it feels so much faster than my old clio 1.2.. its an 1998 1.8i with custom s/s exhaust and pipercross induction pushing around 150, hope so anyway going to get it dyno'd loads of plans to it too! planning to get it charged ;) :D
well pleased with it. love driving it

Photo0419.jpg

Photo0418.jpg

Photo0417.jpg

and hopefully

it should look like this in a few weeks :D

car-1.jpg

comments welcome :D

cheers joe

Turbos.
Will look good with those mods, i'd de-spoler it too!

I would prepare to discover you don't have 150bhp with those mods lol. The filter will gain nothing and a cat back say 3bhp.

it wont last long all modded up at storbes hall mate, keep it in the big carpark!!

i really like them, would consider one myself... prix u pay?

J03

MX5 1.8
ano mate... i had my tyres slashed on the clio last week.. fucktards... also the wheels wobble when i drive on that car.... it looks rediculus will need to fix it asap!!!

as for the mods, the exhaust and induction is really effective with mx5s so ive got the starts out the way :) heavy engine mods will be done when i have all the funds :D

i straight swapped it for the clio :)

J03

MX5 1.8
hehe its a marmite car, but ive had loadsa compliments within the first hour of ownership! i was shocked! more attention than my old clio.
was a straight swap for them perm :p

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I love them.

As Bert said, that'll be no where near 150.

It'll look mint decked, huge neg camber, de-spoilered and smoothed.

Nice choice

535d / t5 caravelle
just sold the mrs eunos roadster s-limited this morning, had it for 2 years and it has been the most reliable car we have ever owned between us, sad to see it go, but baby on the way :D

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Don't like them I'm afriad but aslong as you are happy thats all that matters

Never above 25mpg
What was the bull about not being able to afford your 1.2 then?

Not a fan though. Shall be getting a 1*2 next year ;)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
doesnt look to hairdresser-ish there:)

slammed with lots of poke. will look awesome

J03

MX5 1.8
yeah luke turbo with more grunt :p

well the bull about the 1.2 wasnt bull really, i had a lil elp from my old folks :) i got this car for a bargain price because of no history but just had loads of receipts... BUT i found a book full of history and more receipts!!! well chuffed! :D there 140 bhp standard for the 1.8 :D

Never above 25mpg
yeah luke turbo with more grunt :p

well the bull about the 1.2 wasnt bull really, i had a lil elp from my old folks :) i got this car for a bargain price because of no history but just had loads of receipts... BUT i found a book full of history and more receipts!!! well chuffed! :D there 140 bhp standard for the 1.8 :D

Oh right.. just thought the insurance would sting you on this if you found it hard to run but no disrespect on the parental lending, I've experienced a bit of borrowing myself :)

J03

MX5 1.8
ahh i see, are you studyin at uni or something??

btw what do you guys think to this shop with the wheels?

drkwheelscopy.jpg

?

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mum has a White one on Coilovers and some deep dish wheels.

f**king awesome to drive.

J03

MX5 1.8
rotten? how lmfao

oh cool mate do you drive your car alot? i always see moncao 172s around must be urs... lol

i dont know about suspension DANIEL what do you suggest?

J03

MX5 1.8
did the old number plate leave a mess?

looking good joe!

hey matey, nah it didnt leav any mess.. came off quite easy tbh, heated it up abit with... ermm a hairdryer :eek: shhh no one was looking when i did it ha

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks great fella, tempted by one myself tbh, can pick up them at a bargain price now.

How did you find the upgrade from the clio?