ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio has fried itself, need electrical wiring diagrams!

'52 clio dci
Hi Guys,

Christmas is not going according to plan this year! My new purchase a 2002 clio 1.5 dci (only had it for 3 weeks) has decided it wanst to start its only log fire behind the dashboard! Basically I was driving next thing I notice is smoke from the air vents and then the engine cuts out!

I have stripped arpat the dash and it seems the 12 volt feed to the dial unit (small pin, number 4) has short circuited and basically tried to take out everything in its path!!! :( Some of the loom is damaged and Renualt wanted 2150.00 for a new interior dashboard loom!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I need to repair it as its my only option, so does anyone have any wiring diagrams for this vehicle? It has A/C, electric power steering, No cruise control though.

I'm hoping il be able to strip apart the complete dash board and just repair the sections of the loom which have become faulty, and prey that none of the sensors have failed!

Currently, the car won't start, even though all the gauges light up as per normal. When I turn it onto ignition the red immobilizer light flashes like mad at me, so im guessing once this is fixed it should be back to normal.

Not a happy Renault owner to be honest, car has been alot of trouble in the 3 weeks Iv'e owned it.

Can anybody assist me with diagrams or similar?

lee

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Someone on here had some earlier this week iirc, do a quick search, i'm quite sure someone said about having it on cd if that helps, not sure if it was for the diesel though but worth a check as renault keep these things close to their chest!!

If this fails, go to your local auto electrican and see if they can quote you for a repair rather than diy (could be a lot cheaper than renault)

hope that helps

'52 clio dci
ive been to an auto-electrican and they just advised me to repair the loom when I get the car back, hence needing the wiring diagrams just in case! :(

Ive had alot of french cars and everyone Iv'e owned the wiring has given trouble! I really don't know what to do with it!

lee