ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio dCi80

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
Hello there... been on the site for a while now and never posted a pic of my car ( well true reason is renault had it for 3 weeks fixing it lol)

Anyway bought this clio as my 1st car... its the dci 80 version... i must say, it is nippier than i expected... beat my friend on his astra 1.6 today lol... so anyway i bought the car and straight away after a day ..went in for repair ... it had engine timing sorted out... wiring solderd.... camshaft sensor...and after all that ... they found out the real problem was it needed 2 injectors lol.. anyway got it sorted ... didnt get them to fit the injectors ... they wanted too much so just got my dad to fit them in and he done the whole thing in 15 mins when renault wanted 1.5 hours of labour :mad: ... so anyway finally got the car back and here are some pics...... btw SPECIAL THANKS TO EDDE FOR ALL THE HELP... thanks alot mate... ow you a pint ;)

here are some pics ... let me know what you think .. thanks

09102008053.jpg

09102008056.jpg

09102008059.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lights are awful.

And your username makes me think of 'Mr Helmet' and this alone makes me chuckle everytime I see it.

Clio 172
not a fan of your rear lights and please dont drive around with your fog lights on . . . unless its foggy.

sounds like you've spent a lot of money to get the car on the road, i hope you enjoy it.

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
I am not a big fan off the rear lights either... they just came with the car.. and i do not have originals to replace them with.... i am thinking of tinting them ... anything but not the lexus lights....and my user name is my name...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I am not a big fan off the rear lights either... they just came with the car.. and i do not have originals to replace them with.... i am thinking of tinting them ... anything but not the lexus lights....and my user name is my name...

No offence intended pal.

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
You all can call me Helmet no problem... cos i am on a scooter forum... yes i was a ex ped owner loll and i am called helmet there ... so u man can call me that too if you like.... btw how do you tint the rear lights ??? isit just like window tinting ?

Clio 172
You all can call me Helmet no problem... cos i am on a scooter forum... yes i was a ex ped owner loll and i am called helmet there ... so u man can call me that too if you like.... btw how do you tint the rear lights ??? isit just like window tinting ?

TBH mate i wouldnt bother tinting the rear lights. it will look much better if you pick yourself up a standard set and fit them. lexus lights are out of date.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Get the stock ones back on mate, but you can use a spray i think, saw it on a Hyundai accent the other day GHETTO

Golf TDI
nice first car , get the dci remapped though , will piss all over your mates astra all day long ..

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
LooL... yeh ill try spray them... because i am thinking of some black rims with tints... if the spray job on the back lights turn out good... then it should like nice...

Changed the tyres today if anyone noticed back is wider than front....185/55/15 in the front and 205/55/15 in the back... just slaped some second hands on till i save the money for some nice deep dish black bbs rims :p

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
Yeah mate i know, what kinda stupid previous owner was to put lexus lights :mad: ... atleast get it repammed or something :p

But yeah ... they are going VERY SOON for a pair of standards...then ill get some proper pics of it also ill give it a shot cleaning it :p

But yeah f**king nippy little cars the dci80's.... pissing on all 1.1,1.2 and most 1.4 and 1.6....the low rev torque... ahh soo nice... then spoiled by the tractor noise lol

320d
Very very wise choice of 1st car mate. I was after a dci 80 but couldnt find one and my 1.2 came up cheap. They're certainly a fair bit faster than 1.2 16v's especially once rolling, and extremely economical.

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
Forgot to mention... its the dynamique (ac) version with the sunroof etc.

lol yeah... i will get a pic once the standards are on and also when i have washed it lol... but yeah .. thinking of remapping the ecu.. isit a wise choice ?

320d
Forgot to mention... its the dynamique (ac) version with the sunroof etc.

lol yeah... i will get a pic once the standards are on and also when i have washed it lol... but yeah .. thinking of remapping the ecu.. isit a wise choice ?

I've heard its risky mapping the dci engine, some are ok others are not. I'd leave it mate tbh from what i've heard.