ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my car sounds like a diesel (taxi)..

renault clio cup 172
Looking for a wee bit advice, when my cars running it sounds kind of like a diesel and it feels very bubbley when sitting idle like it keeps bumping away if you get me? Any ideas on what this could be? At all? Hoping its nothing to serious ££££

I like the way specifically it's a diesel taxi, but I dislike the way it sounds like your dephaser is knackered...

Youtube it to cross check sounds or search on here..

renault clio cup 172
I like the way specifically it's a diesel taxi, but I dislike the way it sounds like your dephaser is knackered...

Youtube it to cross check sounds or search on here..

A will do mate where's cheapest way to purchase a dephaser?.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
my cups going in tomoro for dephaser. you're lookin £450+ really. its a cambelt change job.

do a search on here and youtube. its a really well covered subject.

renault clio cup 172
Am getting my cam belt done next week supplyed and fitted for 150 al invest in getting the dephaser aswell

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
How's that?

sorry mate. I'm not being @rsey, but you'll get comments regarding the cambelt change. it's probably the most written about subject on here.

too late - I'm out

Last edited:
  2002 Clio 172 Cup
Around £140 alone for the Cambelt kit.. £170 for dephaser... £15 for aux belt (as you have a cup) £150 wont include the cambelt kit just the belt... big no no

renault clio cup 172
Cars just turned 72k and the last owner didn't mention timing belt kit change, so could you tell me everything I am possibily going to need have got the timing belt kit and tensioner.

renault clio cup 172
is the garage sourcing parts for you? At the price he can do cambelts id want to buy everything through him!

Is he not getting you the parts for a reason?

He got me the timing belt kit. But have only just came across the dephaser have just ordered an aux belt and a water pump, where's best place to get a dephaser pulley

renault clio cup 172
belts maybe ok but the tensioners and idler's won't. i wouldn't risk it

nah am not mate, am just changing the lot, timing belt kit, aux belt and dephaser, am not going to bother with the water pump as a few people have said they rarely fail

nah am not mate, am just changing the lot, timing belt kit, aux belt and dephaser, am not going to bother with the water pump as a few people have said they rarely fail

i put that sort of wrong what i meant is the gates belts maybe ok but the tensioners etc will most likeley be cack

renault clio cup 172
i put that sort of wrong what i meant is the gates belts maybe ok but the tensioners etc will most likeley be cack

aw a get you now mate. so what is everything a need right down to the final wire. timing belt kit, aux belt, dephaser and is the seals known as core plugs a take it?

renault clio cup 172
tonight when ticking my car over a was hearing like a constant squeaking noise coming from driver side is that to do with the dephaser also or is that to do with the drive shaft as a can hear it when a put my head down by the drivers front wheel.. as also a can hear it when a put my head down by left hand side(facing the car) where timing belt and dephaser pulley is. any ideas if this is due to the dephaser or driveshaft.

Lionel Richie
if you use non genuine belt kits and a genuine dephaser, any issues with the dephaser Renault WILL NOT honor the warranty just to warn you

renault clio cup 172
if you use non genuine belt kits and a genuine dephaser, any issues with the dephaser Renault WILL NOT honor the warranty just to warn you

all my parts are coming from renault, they have not been fitted yet but am just wondering if the squeaking noise am hearing is to do with the dephaser also or it it another problem, it only seemed to hear it louder when car had been ticking over for a wee bit.