ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Brazilian Clio Mk2 RT

Clio
Well, here is my car, it's a Clio 2003. Almost the same as Mk2, Ph1 for you. By this time I'd just changed the wheels, it's 15", the tyres 195/50.

clio003.jpg

clio004.jpg

clio005.jpg

clio009.jpg

clio007.jpg

Well... I like it lower, but it's illegal! :nono:
Here is a Photoshop of my "lower Clio".

clio003rebaixado.jpg

After some time I dicided to make some changes.
I painted the fog lights.
carroxenon007.jpg

carroxenon011.jpg

And then I intalled a xenon kit 6000k.
carroxenon013.jpg

Hope you like it. ;)
Rafael.

Black Clio GT
that front bumper is strange, not sure if i like it.
photoshop of it lowered looks good!!!

looks clean and tidy for a 2003 car......

Clio
Here in Brazil the law determine that we can't modify (even to improve it) any mechanical part of the car. But if you do it you need to go to the traffic organization to make an inspection. Than you have to pay a lot of taxes to legalize it... Takes time and money! :(

Black 172 PH2
Here in Brazil the law determine that we can't modify (even to improve it) any mechanical part of the car. But if you do it you need to go to the traffic organization to make an inspection. Than you have to pay a lot of taxes to legalize it... Takes time and money! :(

And people think the laws are tight here in the UK!!

Looks nice and tidy mate, i like the front bumper.

That sucks :dapprove:

Clio
Some news:

New wheels' color:

clio033.jpg

clio034.jpg

The interior:
clio010.jpg

Next chapter: lower... I think I'm going to "forget" about that law...

Rafael.

anything
rules and laws are made to be broken rafael .... whos gona know

nice clean example there

wots it like driving from the wrong side of your car tho?

Sandero R.S. / Clio
Even my KW V2 couldn't be legalized here in Brazil. Neither will be the engine modifications, rear disc brakes, OEM Clio Sport HIDs, etc... I can't even insure the car! In my case I don't care about these laws and 2 of my cars are very low:
With the old headlights w/ BMW 760iL projectors (I'll only post the links as this is your topic):
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/brunoordones/5Zigen_Frente_Flush_Pequeno.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/brunoordones/Clio_5Zigen_KW_1.jpg

Brazilian Clios have to be lowered, and quite a bit. Our springs are 20mm higher than the euro spec ones, so the car looks like a 4x4 when it's stock.

In your car I'd change the rear lights to PH2 spec, paint the side mouldings and door handles, and install the Dynamique rear spoiler. And of course lower it, probably with some Eibach springs and Monroe Gas Premium shocks if you don't wanna spend too much.

RTs have which engine?

Last edited:
  Clio
ferrett,

Thanks man! Sudenly I began to have vertigo! Very soon it'll be low...

Ordones,

Isn't It your car that was at blog RAFA4FUN??? Anyway, your car looks awesome! Does It have a thread? I wanna know about that swap you did!

By the way my RT has a K4M.

Rafael.

Sandero R.S. / Clio
Yeah Rafa, it's the one from Run4Fun. Probably the only streetable Clio 2.0 16v in Brazil and the only one with a whole lot of RenaultSport/Wossner/KW/KTR/CatCams parts :)

There's a build thread of the Clio and my widebody EG6 @RacingArt.com.br, with almost 750 posts and 37.000 views :) Kinda hard to go through all of it but worth it to check all the hastles I had to go through to be the most OEM possible with the swap! When you register just tell them I invited you to RA.

Thanks a lot,

Bruno

I like that the bumper looks different :) Looking forward to updated pictures when you have forgotten about the law :D

Jap Box
That looks great :) shame the laws are so tight on modifying over there though :(

Wonder if we are able to get that front bumper over here, it does look pretty sweet. Ebay possibly?

Clio
Wow! That's too low!

It definitely doesn't look like this! I preffer something more discreet.

I can tell you that two fingers don't fit between the tyre and the fender.

As soon as I have some time I'll take some pictures.

Rafael.

Clio
Yeah, but you live at Europe, don't you?

I must be discreet, so I don't have trouble with the law! And by the way, you don't imagine the size of the holes we have in our streets! :dapprove:

Buraco_na_Rua_General_Os%25C3%25B3rio.jpg

Jap Box
Ordones:

Yeah, very fast! Actually I had It allready, I was just waiting to install...

kerry-w:

Maybe you can get it at ebay, here it's: http://www.mercadolivre.com.br I tried looking for "Parachoque Clio" but didn't find anything.
I found here: http://www.jocar.com.br/Produto.aspx?CV=281&CSG=301&CP=51267

Rafael.

Yeah had a look on that Brazilian ebay, did fine one at about 124,000 ish, but its pointless as:

1. I have no idea what this is in £'s
2. I can not understand the site and theres no way I will ever manage to get that to the UK :(

Would be great if it was possible though.

Yeah, but you live at Europe, don't you?

I must be discreet, so I don't have trouble with the law! And by the way, you don't imagine the size of the holes we have in our streets! :dapprove:

Buraco_na_Rua_General_Os%25C3%25B3rio.jpg

That's hardly a hole compared to some here, that just looks like a layer of tarmac has come loose, we have massive holes in the floor that you could turn into a pond :rasp:

Clio
kerry-w:

Send me a PM so we can talk about that bumper. I can mediate the contact with people at Ebay or Jocar if you want.

About the hole, or the crater, I was sure you drive on top of mats. But I didn't want to scare you:

m_buraco-ASS_878a6fef5b8b44b15b9c01a39d91fbba.jpg

:lolup:

Jap Box
kerry-w:

Send me a PM so we can talk about that bumper. I can mediate the contact with people at Ebay or Jocar if you want.

About the hole, or the crater, I was sure you drive on top of mats. But I didn't want to scare you:

m_buraco-ASS_878a6fef5b8b44b15b9c01a39d91fbba.jpg

:lolup:

Ahhh now thats more of a pothole lol

If its possible, could you ask the jocar people about postage costs to the UK, also how much is it in £'s, tried www.xe.com but I have no idea what currency the Brazilian website was in :rasp:

Sandero R.S. / Clio
1 pound is around 2.8 brazilian reais. So just divide the price by 2.8.

Brazilian roads suck. My bumper and splitter are ripped in less than a month lowered with the KW V2 coilovers. When I get the RS body kit I'll probably make a mould and use the carbon fiber copies as I know they'll be screwed after some time (and the OEM items will cost me around 3000 pounds with shipping and taxes, so I really can't f*ck them up and then just buy new ones every once in a while).

One day after the install the splitter was already all scratched like this:
Clio_5Zigen_KW_2.jpg

Where are the car pictures Rafael?

Last edited:
  Clio
Calm down!

Let me clean it up. By the weekend I'll have some pictures to post.

Where did you buy that splitter? Is it the original RS?

Sandero R.S. / Clio
It's the european Clio Dynamique splitter.

Send me a private message on RA if you're interested, I got another one!