ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My BlackGold 182 slow progression (pic heavy)

bg 182
I've posted several posts showing areas of my car that i have worked on but i thought it would make more sense to have a progression thread so i can just update as i go along. With this being the case i apologise for the first pics and write ups etc as its been on here before, but bear with me and more recent un-posted update will be to follow. so to the car... My Black Gold 182.I believe from what iv read that my 182 as its on a '53 plate was a demonstration car for Renault to show case 182 before there release in 2004, this being the case i was happy to pick it up for £2800 with only 54k on the clock, not bad for a 9 year old car. The cars itself had not been used for a few months when i bought it and was looking a little sorry for itself, 3 months worth of dirt and dust covered the car when i went to buy it but on close inspection the car was in good condition apart from a few car park dents and scuffed alloys. so after a 3 hour drive down to Taunton, Somerset I saw and i bought :race:
clio182.jpg
clio1823.jpg
clio1821.jpg
got her home and straight away gave her a couple of washes and 2 coats of polish and wax and already look a lot better...
DSCF1754.jpg
DSCF1753.jpg
DSCF1751.jpg
so now i have my clio, and straight away my imagination runs riot, hence my name "Blackcarbon" my vision was to get all the usual parts in carbon, fog surrounds, splitter etc but then i began to like standard look of the car, so scrapped the carbon fibre ideas, and started to think about what subtle mods i could do to make the car look standard yet subtly different. Its not a cup and im not going to pretend it is, i love the look of the car sitting on silver alloys so its going to stay silver and black through out as my colour scheme. The front splitter was a given, just doesnt look right without one so that was my first purchase, thanks to skoda(ebay) my splitter came a few days afterwards and a night and a few brews later the splitter was on plus the addition of a set ofnew plates (3/4)...
fs.jpg
cliosplitter.jpg
when i took this photo my eyes were drawn straight to the grille, and the fact it was blue! next step painting both the upper and lower grilles, recently the bottom grille has started to chip but the top grille is fine and i think made a massive improvement to the front of the car, especially as its black so a few pounds later and a visit to my local paint shop i sprayed the grilles in BlackGold.here are a few without the grilles, shame there isn't a huge polished intercooler sitting upfront
100_1957.jpg
100_1958.jpg
first off the top grille...
100_1947.jpg
100_1946.jpg
so from this,
100_1915.jpg
to this,
100_1945.jpg
then the lower grille too,
100_1988.jpg
The problem i have is that i am currently saving up to go back to university so i cant spend every penny i have, hence why all the things i am doing i am either doing myself or finding the cheapest way of achieving what i want.Jobs so far done:Front splitter3/4 plates sprayed grillesi also corrected the corrosion on the front head lights, i did this by hand and still look a little cloudy when the lights are on, so im going to give them a going over with a DA polisher to bring out a better finish.jobs to be done within the next 2months:1.Cam belt, Aux belt, dephaser, water pump 2.lowering spring, rear anti-roll bar3.Removed sprayed lower grille and replace with new.4.Alloy wheels refurbished in silver5.Dents to be removed (rear quarters, bonnet and door)6.Spray wing mirror surrounds in Black gold7.spray bullets and add decal (this weekend!)8.spray dash strips and steering wheel insert in Blackgold and add decals(next weekend)9.Add new style rear badge (decal) (next weekend)10.Major paint correction 11. New Exhaust12.New brakesfeel free to let me know what you think like i said sorry for repeating.

Mk1 Focus RS
very nice mate some good plans for it as well.

good idea to keep the wheels silver, don't see a great deal that havent been sprayed.

F56 MINI Cooper S
looks nice man, do those skoda fabia splitters need cutting to fit like they do? Its flush against the bumper!

Mk1 Focus RS
looks nice man, do those skoda fabia splitters need cutting to fit like they do? Its flush against the bumper!

iirc they fit flush against the bumper but you just have to cut a couple of inches off each end as they are a bit longer than a clio splitter.

BG 182
Very nice mate, like the use of the skoda splitter aswell, bet you saved a fair bit of cash with that purchase

bg 182

i had to cut some of the clips to fit around bolts and stuff that were holding stuff to the bumper etc its really soft plastic so i just used a sharp stanely knife , but apart from that it was a case of taping the bumper in place then self taping screws every couple of inches to make sure it looked tight fitting to the bumper it is tricky but well worth it

bg 182
Looks nice,have you thought of spraying the fog surrounds and splitter as well would look much better:)

im thinking about the fog surrounds and rear bumper strip but i think as the splitter is soft plastic and a bit flimsy the paint wont stick very well and crack, i could be wrong of course :p

bg 182
Looking good mate! Still undecided about what to do with my grills. Might just c4 them first!

what colours your 182 ? im changing the lower grill for a new one as its getting more chipped by the day but the top one is fine, im going flat it down and give it a few more layers of lacquer though just to give it a better finish and look.

bg 182
well so far today iv got my brother to polish the head lights with a polisher as you could still see mark from when i did it by hand with wet and dry, going give it a quick wash to remove the crap from that then strips off, bullets off and paint, ill post more later with pics

bg 182
projects of the day:
Buff head lights with electrical buffer
Spray up bullets

went around my brothers and let him have a bash at polishing my head lights this morning, made an even bigger difference from the "by hand look" id already attempted so got her home and gave her a wash, the lights really do stand out alot better still got scratches but im more than happy with the result, have her a quick wash before removing the bullets...
100_2001.jpg

100_2003.jpg

so after reading different posts on how to remove them i set about tackling the problem in hand, started to pull the door strip and basically ended up losing interest so out came the tape and ended up prising the bullets off, then i got about smoothing them down started off with one first just to make sure i worked out so heres my process so far...

100_2015.jpg

100_2013.jpg

100_2017.jpg

100_2019.jpg

100_2025.jpg

100_2026.jpg

100_2030.jpg

bg 182
just done some purchasing from a well known online auction site and have purchased some Aero Wiper Blades, White LED side light bulbs and some silvatec indicator bulbs a few toys to keep me busy mid week :)

bg 182
couple of goodies in the post today, make the whole front end look alot cleaner once the orange bulbs were replaced with silvatec and the L.E.D'S were put in

half and half...

100_2032.jpg

fully fitted

100_2036.jpg

100_2035.jpg

bg 182
my bullets are taking a bit longer to do that id imagined, mainly due to my own errors but 50% there now so will soon have some pics up. My next dilemma is the interior dash strips, i was going to spray them BG with grey decals but now im not sure. Anybody got any opinions? Black Gold or silver?
i plan to get the top dash and window pillars covered in alcantara fabric so debating on which would complement this mod better.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
First of all, nice 182 :)

Secondly, you say you painted stuff in BlackGold...where'd you get the paint from? Can't find it anywhere and my local place won't make it up :(

My next dilemma is the interior dash strips, i was going to spray them BG with grey decals but now im not sure. Anybody got any opinions? Black Gold or silver?

Leave them silver. I got mine carbon wrapped but it does make the interior a lot more dull than it was before. Everything is so dark in there plus the outside of the car is all black too

bg 182
First of all, nice 182 :)

Secondly, you say you painted stuff in BlackGold...where'd you get the paint from? Can't find it anywhere and my local place won't make it up :(

i use a local paint company called BS Supplies they checked my paint code and mixed me up a couple of cans no probs.

bg 182
Leave them silver. I got mine carbon wrapped but it does make the interior a lot more dull than it was before. Everything is so dark in there plus the outside of the car is all black too

yeah im going to leave them silver but give them a fresh coat and put the new decals on too just have no money now as i am going back to uni so little by little lol

bg 182
tbh im not sure my brother did it for me, it was a polishing compound i think from halfrauds, then i buffed up using auto glym

bg 182
sadly i havent been able to make any real progression in the past few months nor does it look like i will in the coming months as i have decided to go back to uni, so i need to save all my pennies, having said that before i stop spending i am planning on an exhaust, dent removal and have it lowered. i have just treated myself to some new brembo pads and disks for the front new s/s break lines and cables which i will be receiving later this week. On the plus side my car will only be used in the summer ( hopefully more sun than rain) and will only put on 3k or so miles a year, resulting in a pretty good mileage car for its age its on 61k (2003 model) atm 3-4 yrs of university 9-12 k approx over that period :) ill be happy with that. Not a bad summer toy for a student on all accounts :)