ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Blackgold 182 Road & Occasional Track Car Diary Thread

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Yesterday I sorted a deal for a pair of Willwood 4 pots, new brembo discs and ferodo ds2500 pads, braided lines, they should stop the beast easily enough on track days without over working the brakes too much.

After the news about the willwoods I thought it best to do some other jobs on the car.

As you may have read above, I've sold the bucket seats, coilovers and wheels. so I got the car jacked up and set about removing everything. I was greeted by lots of mud so I swept the arches out and tried to clean most of it off the coilovers. I'll be doing a full arch detail when the suspension is removed, maybe with a bit of underseal here and there.

014-5.jpg

009-9.jpg

Also whilst I was on I remembered about the boss on my steering wheel not having a gaitor. My mates Dad had one lying around he said I could have so

before:

003-9.jpg

Pics of it without the seats in

007-10.jpg

005-9.jpg

002-8.gif

Ali-gaitor fitted

016-6.jpg

One annoying thing I hated about the interior was the rusty bolt heads for my steering wheel/boss

005-8.jpg

So they were removed and balanced on my temporary spray booth (lol)

017-6.jpg

A tad bit of satin black later

022-3.jpg

Put back together, a big improvement IMO

023-4.jpg

The whole thing looking a lot tidier, bolts painted, gaiter fitted and all put back together to finish the dash side of things off.

024-4.jpg

Next on the list is to sort my dash strips and gearknob insert, along with fixing my gear gaitor down

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Will grab some pics of this at the weekend with the trophy turini's on.

Just bought a litre of Iron X so going to use that with a few brushes and get the wheels cleaned up, then bought some JetSeal to give the wheels a couple of coats of sealent.

Not much else happening with this at the moment as I'm a bit bored of clio's

Black 182
Should look nice! Won't lie!

Pick up my new car on Saturday... Went for reliability again... 231ps RX8 haha!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Should look nice! Won't lie!

Pick up my new car on Saturday... Went for reliability again... 231ps RX8 haha!

I've never sean reliability and RX8 in the same sentance before mate ;) watch that rear end...you've got previous!!! lol

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Thought I'd update this: Today I've been cleaning up my trophy turini's, they were pitted with brake dust and tar, so I used some IRON-X and Tardis which removed 95% of the crap, they need to be refurbed at some point but thought for now it would atleast make them look better. I've sealed them with some Jet seal. No pics but will get some at the weekend :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Had some spare time tonight so thought I'd get cracked on with cleaning my arch's.

Only had time to do the rear one tonight

Before:

009_zps18be22b3.jpg

011_zpsab929002.jpg

010_zpsa9a356e9.jpg

013_zps6cb98356.jpg

014_zps537761ca.jpg

015_zps15f5463c.jpg

Some afters

026_zps76fa9f04.jpg

023_zpsbdd4d150.jpg

027_zps13b6771c.jpg

029_zpsd1f38585.jpg

Still not 100% dirt free but around 90%...less weight etc ;)

As mentioned in my last update, I'd given the turini's some love, still need to do the insides however I needed to get wheels on the car so I can roll it outside to do some other jobs on it

Heres a few pics, I'm sure fellow turini owners will be aware how shitty these parts of the wheels get

030_zps76ed0a0a.jpg

031_zps572f3abf.jpg

032_zpsfe8569b8.jpg

033_zpsd92ca951.jpg

035_zps879da02e.jpg

Will be doing the other 3 arch's over the next few nights, then I will be pulling the car outside for a full snow foaming, going to get some cotton buds and do inbetween the panels i.e between bumper and rear quarter, side mouldings, front bumper to wings etc, basically anywhere normal cleaning doesn't cover.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Just bought a little brother for the 182 in the shape of my girlfriends black dci. Should be getting a few little problems sorted on it, back on coilovers and may well use my trophy turini's for the time being :D

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Engine going in this week, however I no longer own it....instead I've got a trophy :)