ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Birthday Present to Myself - AMG Content!

dk

911 GTS Cab
8mpg? pah, the V6 does 6 when fully lit LOL!
I've never got mine to single figures, lowest I've seen is about 16 I think, and that was trying hard. Never had it on a track though.

the guys with the c63s I know struggle to get into the 20's though. I think I do too many miles to drive one of those as a daily driver. The new model is going to be a 4 litre V8, bet that will be pretty efficient. I have a feeling that's the engine Aston are going to use too, I believe they did a deal with AMG recently for engines.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'd love a C63, bloke in my village has one. I need to strap a pair on and ask him to take me out in it...... Sounds incredible

Most AMGs do though!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
All this gay arguing aside, has anyone posted up this yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
  RX7 FD
You guys!

Went for a drive down to Samphire Hoe, just outside Dover and took a couple of photos. The missus took a video going through the tunnel, but unfortunately it does not quite capture the epicness of the V8.

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I really like the wheels as it is but genuinely can't decide if the multispokes are better or not? I assume they're serious wedge to get hold of?

Proper love the car though, jealous doesn't even cut it.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I actually really like those wheels :)

EDIT: great minds rob, posted same time

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
You can pay around £1000 for a decent set of multi spokes, cheaper ones come along now and again that need a refurb, problem is there polished and will never look the same again after a refurb.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Do moderators not moderate any more? This thread is a mess!!!

Nice pics above btw!! Air scarf on full blast?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Heater vents in the seats around the neck area, cold day, roof down, air scarf on, warm neck and head. Means you can have the roof down during the colder months.

Guy at work has just bought a brand new cdi slk and hasn't specced it, it's like spec ding a 182 without the cup pack.

dk

911 GTS Cab
its actually not an extension of the cars normal heating system either, its actually heated elements in the seat i believe, but i guess its not much different to heated seats, just that this has a blower to direct the warm air through the vents.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Multispokes shout AMG that's what I think the issue is. It makes the car look proper for some reason...

2008-mercedesbenz-slk55-amg1.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
/\ I might be able to sort an OE Merc number for you if you ding me the reg..

If you haven't already got it.

RX7 FD
^^ You has PM.

Alternatively if there is anyone on here that works for Merc and can get these at a half decent (non backside rinsing dealer prices) it would be useful to know!

Tangoed Works
Looks vewy nice. Always had a soft spot for one of these and they look better than the new shape by a country mile.

Cant wait to get some amg goodness when the new c63 comes out!

Cup In bits
Call the delaler parts acting like you know what your on about, maybe have the diameters, thicknesses, part number to hand and maybe throw in your a mechanic and are shocked at the prices or any other banter you have, before you pay ask if they could maybe do some discount..... If he doesn't then just make your excuses and hang up.

I do it every time although I'm not lying and I get between 10-15% off, you will get more discount through an employee though.

Smart car BTW, my uncles on his 3rd so they must be a nice motor.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
@G 172 - @BigDaveTrophy
Front Disc P/NO A 171 421 01 12

Front Pad P/No A 005 420 39 20 (Wear Sensor is seperate from Merc) 'A 171 540 06 17'

Rear Disc P/No A 171 423 02 12

Rear Pad P/No A 005 420 41 20 (Wear sensor again seperate) 'A 211 540 17 17'

H-Brake Shoe's P/No A 203 420 01 20

Mark 1 Clio V6
Sorry to bump an old thread.

Love these cars, so much so have placed a deposit on one to replace my V6.
56 plate silver with all the good options (and multispoke alloys).

All being well I'll have the Vee gone this Saturday and pick up the SLK55 the following Saturday.
Can't wait!!!!