ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Artic 182 winter clean and a few goodies to be fitted..........

ph1 172
Handles superb. The rear end feels exactly the same in stiffness as before but now sits far more planted. Got to be one of the best suspension setups for a Clio.

And yes I have seen the Pole Positions Dan but am deeply, passionately in love with SPG's:eek:

Sounds like, Sam at Btm is running the same. Heard nothing but good things about it, just cant get my hands on front dampers!:mad:

Down that way soon, i might have to take you up on that offer.

The back of mine is half stripped so reckon i might need to get the spring adjusted.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Love it rhys as always, I meant to mention that coil springs uk are the chaps that did mine on the ph1, really sound lads, should maybe of sent my bilstein rear springs there before hand, oh well lol

ph1 172
Love it rhys as always, I meant to mention that coil springs uk are the chaps that did mine on the ph1, really sound lads, should maybe of sent my bilstein rear springs there before hand, oh well lol

Thanks Chris, they kept me upto date with what was going on and confirmed what I wanted them to do etc. Would highly recommend their service

What trackday you booking? and ill get booked up to it :)
Even though my cars lighter you will still be quicker i have a feeling lol

Also got to remember mine is a clio 162 :p

ph1 172
That's not an excuse! Racing driver excuse that;)
Not sure when yet as I am still waiting on my AST parts that got lost in the post!! Also will get my new sticky rubber on:approve:
Will definitely let you know though

As if the AST bits still havent turned up :(

End of march or end of April would be good for me! As on holiday start of april and the cars going away for abit in april.

Anyway ill stop filling your thread with chit chat lol

ph1 172
Haha who cares it's what it's here for! lol

And Yeah whenever really, would prefer a dry track but we shall see. Will definitely be Snetterton though

ph1 172
Yep they have and I have replied saying that I don't mind waiting till they come in stock.

And whoops! Not to worry though pal, unless you needed it of course;)

Few pics for you from today,

IMG_0197-1.jpg

IMG_0216-1.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

ph1 172
Thanks for those Dan:)

Was a really good day, and thanks Lewis.

A few problems that I need to address
-PAS fluid boils more than my kettle. Going to put a bigger reservoir on
-Cooked my brakes quite a few times so need to take the fogs out and arch liner
-Front disks are grooved now and make loads of noise so might need new ones.......again!
-Suspension is too soft up front so need to get them unpinned and need some Koni rears with an ARB
-Sort out my understeer problem

Other than that it was good;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Dont get the dampers done until you fit the anti roll bar mate, makes a massive difference and will help cure some of that understeer :)

ph1 172
Yes I was there and thank you:)

Change of plan;)
The car will stay as is until its back from the ring at the end of May then the suspension will come off and be sold to then fund a solely track car that will be trailered to site.

RS2'd Trophy
Rhys I hope your well mate?!

looks awesome on track!! I would strongly recommend the ARB as Chris said, it really makes the car loose that initial roll and gives it that balanced feeling. Buy one before the 'ring' aswell you wont regret it!

How much camber are you running aswell?

James

ph1 172
Hi James,
I am good thanks mate, hope all is well your end:)
I probably will get one before then yes as it can come off once I have a ph1 for the track to go on that. Hopefully that will help a little.
Setup is all abit hit and miss atm as I am still having problems with my AST mounts so the dampers have been on and off so in order to retain the same camber without getting it aligned everytime it has been stripped, the camber bolts have been set to max, so about -3 degrees and I am running 20mins toe out.

RS2'd Trophy
Yeah all good here mate,

Pretty much why I gave up with them Rhys, try the pure kit honestly its the same with no problems! Run the camber on the bolts, get an ARB and then enjoy.

Have you got any vids?

James

Hi James,
I am good thanks mate, hope all is well your end:)
I probably will get one before then yes as it can come off once I have a ph1 for the track to go on that. Hopefully that will help a little.
Setup is all abit hit and miss atm as I am still having problems with my AST mounts so the dampers have been on and off so in order to retain the same camber without getting it aligned everytime it has been stripped, the camber bolts have been set to max, so about -3 degrees and I am running 20mins toe out.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Just run the standard top mounts mate, I'm only running AST's as james twisted my arm to get the pure kit, I guess I'll never know how good that kit really was as when I had it fitted the front end of the car felt terrible in the bad weather, a combination of epic lows, crap tyres and tracking issues made it a terrible drive.

Now my car is holey :(

Trafic 140dci
Just run the standard top mounts mate, I'm only running AST's as james twisted my arm to get the pure kit, I guess I'll never know how good that kit really was as when I had it fitted the front end of the car felt terrible in the bad weather, a combination of epic lows, crap tyres and tracking issues made it a terrible drive.

Now my car is holey :(
Standard top mounts are sh*t, i've no experience of AST top mounts, but when i put the pure kit on it transformed the way the front end felt, steering feels so much better with solid top mounts, and the k-tec ones on the ph1 is pretty much the same.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Standard top mounts are sh*t, i've no experience of AST top mounts, but when i put the pure kit on it transformed the way the front end felt, steering feels so much better with solid top mounts, and the k-tec ones on the ph1 is pretty much the same.

Whenever I speak to fred Re: topmounts he always tells me if the standards were good enough for the trophy they're decent enough :) although yes I agree solid top mounts feel better.

I was really disapointed but at the time I'd changed the full suspension/tyre set up on my car and it felt ruined, now it feels so much better even though I still need to get the AST castor/camber and toe sorted

ph1 172
I made so many changes at once to my front end so can't say specifically what modification made what difference but can say that my front end, steering and steering feddback is as tight as a drum and is very rewarding.