ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Arctic 182

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I picked this up early this year from @mark123 after I squished my previous Arctic in quite dramatic circumstances.

Despite the high mileage, It ran a healthy 181 bhp at the last Surrey RR day, and apart from an iffy gearbox noise she was running well and had been looked after nicely.
As she was purchased:
Side1.jpg

Apart from a Ramair filter and some Spray shack bullets and dash trims I kept it fairly standard - for first few months.

Picked up a set of 15" TD ProRace 1.2s and stuck some sticky tyres on for its first track outing at CSS Blyton. Also swapped the standard steering wheel for a Momo item, (with custom cruise button brackets), and added some harnesses.

Clio182BlytonPitEntry.jpg

Dash.jpg

Interior1.jpg

Sadly the faulty gearbox gave up half way thru the day, but is now all replaced and with some extras inc, flocked dash, Gaz Coilovers, solid top mounts, strutbrace were also added.

3Qtr1.jpg

SideFlush.jpg

FrontQtrLow2.jpg

Engine.jpg

Already for Thruxton next week!!

That gear stick is horrific!

Those 15"s I bought from you at the start of the year have been perfect :) Would've said hello if I knew you were at CSS.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
That gear stick is horrific!
Those 15"s I bought from you at the start of the year have been perfect :smile: Would've said hello if I knew you were at CSS.
Glad to hear 15s are still holding up well. Also didn't realise u were there! Gearknob wasnt my choice!, just haven't got round to replacing, do have a used B&M shifter to go on, just need a good knob to tidy it up.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like urban myth. A grp seat with harness guides wont have any more strength in compression than a normal seat. Providing the harness angles are within the manufacturer's guidelines they are fine. The belts are to stop me not the seat, If I have a crash im not fussed about seat.