ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Airship Trip Over London - PICS!!

White clique
Today I ticked another one off my "must do before I die" list - I went on an airship (star over london). It's something I've wanted to do ever since seeing the Good Year airships around my way when I was a nipper.

The weather was not the best, but in the end it didn't spoil the view thank god. I got some really nice ariel shots, pics below. I'd be lying if I said i wasn't a bit nervous - it was bobbing up and down all over the shop :S .

Some of the aviation fans here wanted to see the pics... so here they are.....

Coming in to land... if this pops I'm dead :eek:

P1000149.gif

A view over Canary Wharf....

P1000162.gif

... A pretty building - but no idea which :eek:

P1000163.gif

A nice shot of Tower Bridge

P1000166.gif

A shot of Tower Bridge and the Gherkin Tower in the background

P1000169.gif

..Inside the gondola (one for the grand kids ;) )

P1000172.gif

....outside the gondola. Pretty noisey these things.

P1000179.gif

Well worth while experience.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Looks mint mate, nice one.

Info on how to do it?

Or is it an exclusive club? Lol.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Is that "pretty building" Somerset house?

I thought that at first but its too big for Somerset House, plus there isn't that much in the way of lawns as its in the Strand.

I'd say its somewhere like Kensington Palace.

White clique
its available via www.staroverlondon.com - its a promotional thing laid on my Stella, it runs for about another 2 weeks but i think there are still some spaces left. It flies from Essex up along the Thames. Sadly its not cheap - 45 mins cost me £295 - BUT its a dream for me, so I couldnt really put a price on doing something like this.

It was an awesome experience.

182 RB FF
I did london in a Helicopter and the views were great. Don't think i would be able to go up in one of those though mate.

Looks good though!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Nice one mate!

You were probably on Sky Sports today because they showed it going by near the Oval while the test match was on.

They were debating if it was an airship or a blimp!

RS 172
Seen this airship around near Dartford a few times. Big ominous thing in the sky. I know they are very safe these days, but anything like that, blimps, hot air balloons, airships, just sh*t me up for some reason, think its the thought of having little control over it.

White clique
Seen this airship around near Dartford a few times. Big ominous thing in the sky. I know they are very safe these days, but anything like that, blimps, hot air balloons, airships, just sh*t me up for some reason, think its the thought of having little control over it.

That was the scariest bit. When we came in to land, the pilot explained that were had to dock up against a fuel mast on a lorry - and we were on strict instructions not to got off the airship until they had added weights into the gondola to balance it out, or else the whole airship could have floated vertically and could have ripped the tip off the airship, and the whole world would have blown up. It took about 5 mins to navigate into position - there were a couple of dudes at the front steering it into place with the moring ropes. Those pilots are very skilled!

P1000181.gif

Tangoed Works
Seen this flying above for the last couple of weeks, thought it was just advertising for Stella, didnt know you could go in it. Piccs are ace dude!