ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2003 DC5 Integra Type R (Bulid-ish thread.)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Would absolutely love a dc2, another car I cobsidered buying a while back and didn't. Wish I had now as you lose zero pounds when coming to sell them

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Would absolutely love a dc2, another car I cobsidered buying a while back and didn't. Wish I had now as you lose zero pounds when coming to sell them
Exactly this, I hope to run this until a family gets in the way - and not lose too much.

DC2, no matter how amazing, just look so bad. IMO of course.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mmm see I don't really. It was an iconic car when I was growing up. Just out of reach money wise, think I settled for a crx at the time lol.

I would still want the dc5 over the dc2 how ever raw/driving experience is in the dc2. But the dc2 to me is 'just one of those cars', if you get me.

To others who weren't really into the Honda scene until later on, when the dc5 came out in 2001 would look at the 2 and think it looks a bit crappy. But either cars are ace and put a lot of new stuff in the shade.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Some would say clios look crap, I'm not one of those people btw, just sayin :smile:

Well that joke landed on its tits as I thought you had a Clio flol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Er golf then?

I'm only kiddin. I very nearly bought a blue dc5 a few years back, think it was 10k. Ended up buying an Evo 7 instead. I've not looked but what do these go for (dc5) nowadays? Guessing £7k ish.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

Vid of the last few laps at silly, pretty boring footage tbh.

Rear end does break away quite easily going into Copse, ~80mph. :stig:

Edit: I really want to get an external mic!

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Good video mate. I assume it was an rs4 and m3 that wizzed past?

How did you find the car in comparison to the Clio

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Good video mate. I assume it was an rs4 and m3 that wizzed past?

How did you find the car in comparison to the Clio

RS4, and new M5 yeah. New cars are annoyingly powerful.

After 5 years I knew the Cup backwards and knew exactly what it was going to do. It'll take a bit more than 7 laps to get that with the 'teg. But, it felt great out there. Just need better pads, and to stiffen up the front dampers.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Apologies if I've missed it. Do these respond well to the fast road set up like the ep3's? Any plans to tinker?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, similarly. The big differences between this and ep3 is driving position and steering feel. They're miles apart in that regard.

I've fitted Bilstein B16's though had them way too soft in the video. Alignment wise, I've got -2deg camber, few minutes toe out front, and I think it's square at the back.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah okay. Yeah had read the differences, dc5 being a far better drivers car. I liked my ep3 but it just lacked something.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
With the Tegiwa airbox sitting in my garage collecting dust I finally pulled my finger out. Only trouble is, I didn't want to rip into my standard scuttle panel. A quick wanted post later, I've got myself a precut GruppeM scuttle.

Sadly, it was gloss black so something needed to be done:

22513232855_39ed251442_c.jpg
IMG_1986
by Adam Lister, on Flickr

22487254606_989160c80c_c.jpg
IMG_1990

21892032913_7101e4f39c_c.jpg
IMG_1993

22326397809_bac08b91c7_c.jpg
IMG_1994

22499792602_d61cc8fd27_c.jpg
IMG_1996

Hopefully I'll get around to actually fitting the noise box this weekend!

Also toying with the idea of swapping my seats for these:

22325535018_ccb09f0e85_c.jpg
IMG_2003

What say the folks? They're a little easier to get in and out of, and a little less 'RED'.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I hope you're ready for the cross-over with the tegiwa on :smile: sounds so so so good.
And I also like this seats, are they Premier ones?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I hope you're ready for the cross-over with the tegiwa on :smile: sounds so so so good.
And I also like this seats, are they Premier ones?

I'm very ready for it, can't wait. Just wish it had the GO to back it up with. :D

Yeah seats are from a premier, chap's offered me a straight swap. I had VI TME recaros in my old EG civic years ago, and they were lovely. Premier's are the same shape and a little easier to live with day-to-day. Not to mention I won't have to shout at people that sit straight on the bolster as they get in. :triumph:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I'm very ready for it, can't wait. Just wish it had the GO to back it up with. :smiley:

Yeah seats are from a premier, chap's offered me a straight swap. I had VI TME recaros in my old EG civic years ago, and they were lovely. Premier's are the same shape and a little easier to live with day-to-day. Not to mention I won't have to shout at people that sit straight on the bolster as they get in. :triumph:

I'd go with the Premier seats mate! I can't stand it when people drop straight onto the bolsters of seats, hahah.

Got any engine plans for it? I bet it'd be good with a few tweeks and a kpro/k100 remap.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go with the Premier seats mate! I can't stand it when people drop straight onto the bolsters of seats, hahah.

Got any engine plans for it? I bet it'd be good with a few tweeks and a kpro/k100 remap.

I don't want to go too crazy until March, then I'll know what I'm doing with the car.

Half of me says boost, the other half says just buy a faster car.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I don't want to go too crazy until March, then I'll know what I'm doing with the car.

Half of me says boost, the other half says just buy a faster car.

Boosting a Honda is great, but it's extremely expensive imo.
Like i've said in the past, there might be an s15 for sale next year ;)

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Boosting a Honda is great, but it's extremely expensive imo.
Like i've said in the past, there might be an s15 for sale next year :wink:

It'll cost similar to the car itself once it's done to my standards, sadly.

Haha, if it's past March I'm going to need 4-5 doors.

Did someone say lease a FRS? 😂

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I've been at it again. :)

I was up at Bedford on Monday, I figured I'd go somewhere safe for the 5's first full day. It was a great day, not too busy, not too hot, etc.
Seems my brakes are a little better, I think Silverstone bed them in properly.

I stopped filming after lunch, but I was gaining a lot of confidence in the car and getting a lot quicker. It's a VERY capable machine!

Took me an age to get some heat in the rear tyres though, not sure what to do to rectify that.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I've been at it again. :smile:

I was up at Bedford on Monday, I figured I'd go somewhere safe for the 5's first full day. It was a great day, not too busy, not too hot, etc.
Seems my brakes are a little better, I think Silverstone bed them in properly.

I stopped filming after lunch, but I was gaining a lot of confidence in the car and getting a lot quicker. It's a VERY capable machine!

Took me an age to get some heat in the rear tyres though, not sure what to do to rectify that.

Toe in at the rear will help it generate heat in the rear tyres.